Which will go down in history? - Linux

This is a discussion on Which will go down in history? - Linux ; Ok, simple question ahead. Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by the majority of people. But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating system that Microsoft has ever made? Will it ...

  1. Which will go down in history?

    Ok, simple question ahead.

    Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by the
    majority of people.

    But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating system
    that Microsoft has ever made?

    Will it be Windows ME for being exactly the same as Windows 98 but even
    *less* stable? Or Windows Vista for being a bloated piece of crap,
    almost equally as unstable?

    Of course, the third option would be "Let's see how bad Windows 7 is".
    I'm guessing it's to Vista as Windows ME is to Windows 98.

  2. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Ben wrote:
    > Ok, simple question ahead.
    >
    > Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by
    > the majority of people.

    The 1718 purchasers/reviewers here beg to differ.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows%20Vista

    > But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating
    > system that Microsoft has ever made?

    Most people will probably say Vista, for issues with backward compatibility,
    [perceived] hardware requirements, lack of drivers, and UAC.

    > Will it be Windows ME for being exactly the same as Windows 98 but
    > even *less* stable? Or Windows Vista for being a bloated piece of
    > crap, almost equally as unstable?

    Vista isn't unstable.

    > Of course, the third option would be "Let's see how bad Windows 7 is".
    > I'm guessing it's to Vista as Windows ME is to Windows 98.

    Guessing is all you Linux nuts can ever do.

  3. Re: Which will go down in history?

    DFS wrote:
    > Ben wrote:
    >> Ok, simple question ahead.
    >>
    >> Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by
    >> the majority of people.

    > The 1718 purchasers/reviewers here beg to differ.
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows%20Vista

    Right, I'm really going to hold the general dissent towards Vista
    beneath what's on that site. Hundreds of thousands of people complain
    that Vista isn't worth the DVD it comes on, but I have to hold that site
    above all that.

    >> But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating
    >> system that Microsoft has ever made?

    > Most people will probably say Vista, for issues with backward compatibility,
    > [perceived] hardware requirements, lack of drivers, and UAC.

    They aren't percieved. They're very real.

    >> Will it be Windows ME for being exactly the same as Windows 98 but
    >> even *less* stable? Or Windows Vista for being a bloated piece of
    >> crap, almost equally as unstable?

    > Vista isn't unstable.

    Ask my college; it has some unfortunate anecdotal experience with
    Vista's instability issues.

    >> Of course, the third option would be "Let's see how bad Windows 7 is".
    >> I'm guessing it's to Vista as Windows ME is to Windows 98.

    > Guessing is all you Linux nuts can ever do.

    Funny, I'm called a Wintroll by half of the Linux side, and a Linux nut
    by the Windows side on this newsgroup. I can't be both.

  4. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Ben wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Ben wrote:
    >>> Ok, simple question ahead.
    >>>
    >>> Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by
    >>> the majority of people.

    >> The 1718 purchasers/reviewers here beg to differ.
    >>
    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows%20Vista

    > Right, I'm really going to hold the general dissent towards Vista
    > beneath what's on that site. Hundreds of thousands of people complain
    > that Vista isn't worth the DVD it comes on,

    You have ZERO proof of that claim.

    > but I have to hold that site above all that.

    It's a far, far, far better piece of evidence than your "feeling".

    >>> But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating
    >>> system that Microsoft has ever made?

    >> Most people will probably say Vista, for issues with backward
    >> compatibility, [perceived] hardware requirements, lack of drivers,
    >> and UAC.

    > They aren't percieved. They're very real.

    No, they are not very real at all. I installed Vista Ultimate on a P3,
    800ghz system w/512 RAM and it ran fine.

    >>> Will it be Windows ME for being exactly the same as Windows 98 but
    >>> even *less* stable? Or Windows Vista for being a bloated piece of
    >>> crap, almost equally as unstable?

    >> Vista isn't unstable.

    > Ask my college; it has some unfortunate anecdotal experience with
    > Vista's instability issues.

    It will take more than your 3rd party hearsay.

    >>> Of course, the third option would be "Let's see how bad Windows 7
    >>> is". I'm guessing it's to Vista as Windows ME is to Windows 98.

    >> Guessing is all you Linux nuts can ever do.
    >>

    > Funny, I'm called a Wintroll by half of the Linux side, and a Linux
    > nut by the Windows side on this newsgroup. I can't be both.

    You talk out of both sides of your mouth, so you're a Linux nut.

  5. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Ben wrote:
    > Ok, simple question ahead.
    >
    > Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by the
    > majority of people.
    >
    > But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating system
    > that Microsoft has ever made?
    >
    > Will it be Windows ME for being exactly the same as Windows 98 but even
    > *less* stable? Or Windows Vista for being a bloated piece of crap,
    > almost equally as unstable?
    >
    > Of course, the third option would be "Let's see how bad Windows 7 is".
    > I'm guessing it's to Vista as Windows ME is to Windows 98.

    What are you advocating?

    Windows ME wins.

  6. Re: Which will go down in history?

    DFS wrote:
    > Ben wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> The 1718 purchasers/reviewers here beg to differ.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows%20Vista

    >> Right, I'm really going to hold the general dissent towards Vista
    >> beneath what's on that site. Hundreds of thousands of people complain
    >> that Vista isn't worth the DVD it comes on,

    > You have ZERO proof of that claim.

    I don't need it. Get off of COLA and the Windows newsgroups for once and
    see peoples opinions for yourself.

    >> but I have to hold that site above all that.

    > It's a far, far, far better piece of evidence than your "feeling".

    As I said, get out and about on the net and see for yourself.

    Or even out of your house.

    >>> Most people will probably say Vista, for issues with backward
    >>> compatibility, [perceived] hardware requirements, lack of drivers,
    >>> and UAC.

    >> They aren't percieved. They're very real.

    > No, they are not very real at all. I installed Vista Ultimate on a P3,
    > 800ghz system w/512 RAM and it ran fine.

    You and how many others? Most people who install Vista with those specs
    don't have it so easy.

    >> Funny, I'm called a Wintroll by half of the Linux side, and a Linux
    >> nut by the Windows side on this newsgroup. I can't be both.

    > You talk out of both sides of your mouth, so you're a Linux nut.

    And how do I do that?

  7. Re: Which will go down in history?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ben belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Funny, I'm called a Wintroll by half of the Linux side, and a Linux nut
    > by the Windows side on this newsgroup. I can't be both.

    Of /course/ you can! It's easy to do.

    Just ask Hadron.

    --
    Dogs just don't seem to be able to tell the difference between important people
    and the rest of us.

  8. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > Ben wrote:
    >> Ok, simple question ahead.
    >>
    >> Everyone knows how poorly Windows ME *and* Windows Vista are seen by
    >> the majority of people.
    >>
    >> But here's my question; which will go down as the worst operating
    >> system that Microsoft has ever made?
    >>
    >> Will it be Windows ME for being exactly the same as Windows 98 but
    >> even *less* stable? Or Windows Vista for being a bloated piece of
    >> crap, almost equally as unstable?
    >>
    >> Of course, the third option would be "Let's see how bad Windows 7 is".
    >> I'm guessing it's to Vista as Windows ME is to Windows 98.

    > What are you advocating?
    >
    > Windows ME wins.

    Here? I'm not advocating anything. I'm slagging Windows off.

  9. Re: Which will go down in history?

    DFS had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 05-11-08 03:54:

    >> Funny, I'm called a Wintroll by half of the Linux side, and a Linux
    >> nut by the Windows side on this newsgroup. I can't be both.

    > You talk out of both sides of your mouth, so you're a Linux nut.

    I am always glad to meet even-handed people, and now even even-mouthed!!!!

    Keep your balance, stay honest and enjoy life, is my wish for you.

    Erik Jan

  10. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Ben wrote:

    > Here? I'm not advocating anything. I'm slagging Windows off.

    Wrong place.

  11. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Here? I'm not advocating anything. I'm slagging Windows off.

    > Wrong place.

    I'll put it where I like, thanks.

  12. Re: Which will go down in history?

    Ben wrote:
    > Cork Soaker wrote:
    >> Ben wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here? I'm not advocating anything. I'm slagging Windows off.

    >> Wrong place.

    > I'll put it where I like, thanks.

    You're a ****ing tool then. Well done.

+ Reply to Thread