Re: 'Chinese Internet' Comes to the Rest of the World - Linux

  2. Re: 'Chinese Internet' Comes to the Rest of the World

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Wtach these very good videos where Dan Gillmor talks about the "copyrights
    > cartel" (very illuminating):

    Pet peeve:

    Watching videos to learn in minutes what I could learn in a few seconds
    by scanning text.

    --
    Renning's Maxim:
    Man is the highest animal. Man does the classifying.

  3. Re: 'Chinese Internet' Comes to the Rest of the World

  4. Re: 'Chinese Internet' Comes to the Rest of the World

    On Nov 4, 6:35 am, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Tuesday 04 November 2008 12:26 : \____
    >
    > > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
    > > this bit o' wisdom:

    > >> Wtach these very good videos where Dan Gillmor talks about the "copyrights
    > >> cartel" (very illuminating):

    > > Pet peeve:

    > > Watching videos to learn in minutes what I could learn in a few seconds
    > > by scanning text.

    Me too.

    Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure why,
    and there's a fair number of issues here.

    > Maybe volunteer to transcribe these...
    >
    > I like listening to audio when doing mechanical things that don't allow me to
    > read or watch other things.

    Like driving at 65 MPH on the open roadway. ;-) And even then,
    there's
    apparently some risk if the communication is two-way (e.g., handsfree
    cellphone use).

+ Reply to Thread