All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously! - Linux

This is a discussion on All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously! - Linux ; All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!! The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!! What happened? All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time? And the Linux hate blogs ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

  1. All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!

    The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!

    What happened?

    All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time?

    And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the air.

    May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?

    Anyone know?

    Anyone care??

  2. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    7 wrote:

    > All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!
    >
    > The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >

    > What happened?
    >
    > All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time?
    >
    > And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the air.
    >
    > May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?
    >
    > Anyone know?
    >
    > Anyone care??

    They FINALLY drank the koolaid!
    --

    ************************************************** ***************************

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    18:49:06 up 8 days, 7:23, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

    ************************************************** ***************************

  3. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Monday 03 November 2008 23:49 : \____

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!
    >>
    >> The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >>

    >> What happened?
    >>
    >> All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time?
    >>
    >> And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the air.
    >>
    >> May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?
    >>
    >> Anyone know?
    >>
    >> Anyone care??

    > They FINALLY drank the koolaid!

    It's a bad time to defend Microsoft. What can they brag about? Vista, which is
    now shunned even by Microsoft? XBox, which has Microsoft facing lawsuits for
    total negligence?

    What will they rave about? Microsoft losing over $100 billiob in value and
    suffering layoffs, budget cuts, and general ridicule?

    Should they maybe celebrate Microsoft's corruption of standards bodies like
    ISO? Or managers who are sentenced to prison?

    2 years ago Microsoft was somewhat awesome (as in awe). Microsoft is just
    pathetic now.

    Things are changing.

    To give just one example, 52 Brazilian people will soon be moving to GNU/Linux.
    Not even free Windows is enough to change that. Windows is not suitable for
    PCs (40% are zombies) and they know it.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
    Swap: 4088500k total, 417880k used, 3670620k free, 264040k cached

  4. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:50:13 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!
    >
    > The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >

    > What happened?
    >
    > All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time?
    >
    > And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the air.
    >
    > May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?
    >
    > Anyone know?

    I did LART the "Level3.com troll" about a week ago, maybe Level3.com ISP
    took some action?

    > Anyone care??

    They are a blight on humanity, that's for sure.

    On the odd occasion we did get some quality Windows Advocates here on
    COLA, and it was a pleasure to debate with them.

    They made Funkenbusch look like the Wintroll he really is.

    Cheers
    Terry

  5. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    > To give just one example, 52 Brazilian people will soon be moving to
    > GNU/Linux.

    You mean "52 Million"?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    02:36:37 up 24 days, 12:32, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.02

  6. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    Terry Porter wrote:
    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden
    >> simultaneously!!!! The majority of the wintrolls have
    >> stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >>
    >> What happened? All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the
    >> same time? And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the
    >> air. May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?
    >>
    >> Anyone know?

    > I did LART the "Level3.com troll" about a week ago, maybe
    > Level3.com ISP took some action?
    >
    >> Anyone care??

    > They are a blight on humanity, that's for sure.
    >
    > On the odd occasion we did get some quality Windows Advocates
    > here on COLA, and it was a pleasure to debate with them.
    > They made Funkenbusch look like the Wintroll he really is.

    They're running out of steam. One thing to bring Linux home has
    been the netbooks. Most people are wanting an inexpensive
    appliance. One does not need much to do the dailty things,
    connect on-line at a local Internet cafe or motel lobby, browse
    the net, get E-mail, shop on-line, chat, etc. THey are compact,
    relatively inexpensive, make good replacements for PDA's.

    Also, if one gets lost or stolen, it is not a big financial
    upset. Bang out a short report for meeting minutes, expense
    report using OpenOffice, E-mail it to work.

    Linux doesn't need costly anti-virus or an office suite that is a
    trial version for a shot time, then must pay the piper, negating
    its cost effectiveness.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  7. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

  8. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    On Nov 3, 8:06*pm, Terry Porter wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:50:13 +0000, 7 wrote:
    > > All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!

    > > The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!

    > > What happened?

    > > All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time?

    > > And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the air.

    > > May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?

    > > Anyone know?

    > I did LART the "Level3.com troll" about a week ago, maybe Level3.com ISP
    > took some action?

    That never worked for me. But maybe he's had so many complaints over
    the past 4 months that he finally got busted.

    He hasn't posted at any of his usual haunts... and I know them all,
    believe me.

  9. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > Terry Porter wrote:
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden
    >>> simultaneously!!!! The majority of the wintrolls have
    >>> stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >>>
    >>> What happened? All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the
    >>> same time? And the Linux hate blogs are also going off the
    >>> air. May be they all went to some meeting at Redmond?
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know?

    >> I did LART the "Level3.com troll" about a week ago, maybe
    >> Level3.com ISP took some action?
    >>
    >>> Anyone care??

    >> They are a blight on humanity, that's for sure.
    >>
    >> On the odd occasion we did get some quality Windows Advocates
    >> here on COLA, and it was a pleasure to debate with them.
    >> They made Funkenbusch look like the Wintroll he really is.

    > They're running out of steam. One thing to bring Linux home has
    > been the netbooks. Most people are wanting an inexpensive
    > appliance. One does not need much to do the dailty things,
    > connect on-line at a local Internet cafe or motel lobby, browse
    > the net, get E-mail, shop on-line, chat, etc. THey are compact,
    > relatively inexpensive, make good replacements for PDA's.
    >
    > Also, if one gets lost or stolen, it is not a big financial
    > upset. Bang out a short report for meeting minutes, expense
    > report using OpenOffice, E-mail it to work.
    >
    > Linux doesn't need costly anti-virus or an office suite that is a
    > trial version for a shot time, then must pay the piper, negating
    > its cost effectiveness.

    The netbook also plays well to the green agenda; most people I speak to
    these days are more concerned with reducing power consumption because of
    both its environmental impact, and also its advantages in terms of
    reducing costs in times of recession, great for home users, companies,
    governments, schools, anyone on the move.

  10. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 November 2008 09:20 : \____

    > High Plains Thumper espoused:
    >> Terry Porter wrote:

    >>> I did LART the "Level3.com troll" about a week ago, maybe
    >>> Level3.com ISP took some action?

    >>> They are a blight on humanity, that's for sure.
    >>>
    >>> On the odd occasion we did get some quality Windows Advocates
    >>> here on COLA, and it was a pleasure to debate with them.
    >>> They made Funkenbusch look like the Wintroll he really is.

    >> They're running out of steam. One thing to bring Linux home has
    >> been the netbooks. Most people are wanting an inexpensive
    >> appliance. One does not need much to do the dailty things,
    >> connect on-line at a local Internet cafe or motel lobby, browse
    >> the net, get E-mail, shop on-line, chat, etc. THey are compact,
    >> relatively inexpensive, make good replacements for PDA's.
    >>
    >> Also, if one gets lost or stolen, it is not a big financial
    >> upset. Bang out a short report for meeting minutes, expense
    >> report using OpenOffice, E-mail it to work.
    >>
    >> Linux doesn't need costly anti-virus or an office suite that is a
    >> trial version for a shot time, then must pay the piper, negating
    >> its cost effectiveness.
    >>

    > The netbook also plays well to the green agenda; most people I speak to
    > these days are more concerned with reducing power consumption because of
    > both its environmental impact, and also its advantages in terms of
    > reducing costs in times of recession, great for home users, companies,
    > governments, schools, anyone on the move.

    Was it not your prediction (among others') that mobile computing like this
    would cannibalise sales of so-called 'desktops'? According to the
    shillnalysts, that's already happening. There's no Vista in this space and the
    expiring version of Windows is almost given away now... still, almost half the
    units are sold with GNU/Linux, including specially-customed ones like the
    software/layer from H-P.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
    lies.
    10:00:01 up 19 days, 18:18, 1 user, load average: 4.01, 4.02, 3.98

  11. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:02:59 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Was it not your prediction (among others') that mobile computing like this
    > would cannibalise sales of so-called 'desktops'? According to the
    > shillnalysts, that's already happening. There's no Vista in this space and the
    > expiring version of Windows is almost given away now... still, almost half the
    > units are sold with GNU/Linux, including specially-customed ones like the
    > software/layer from H-P.

    Funny how you seem to have missed Asus's claim that XP outsells Linux on
    netbooks 7:3. That's not even close to "almost half", but it's nice that
    you admit that Windows outsells Linux on netbooks.

    http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20081031PD209.html

    "Currently, netbooks with a hard drive are the mainstream specification
    accounting for 70% of total shipments, while SSDs account for the other
    30%. The ratio of Eee PCs preloaded Windows XP and Linux stands at 7:3"

  12. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 November 2008 09:20 : \____
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> They're running out of steam. One thing to bring Linux home has
    >>> been the netbooks. Most people are wanting an inexpensive
    >>> appliance. One does not need much to do the dailty things,
    >>> connect on-line at a local Internet cafe or motel lobby, browse
    >>> the net, get E-mail, shop on-line, chat, etc. THey are compact,
    >>> relatively inexpensive, make good replacements for PDA's.
    >>>
    >>> Also, if one gets lost or stolen, it is not a big financial
    >>> upset. Bang out a short report for meeting minutes, expense
    >>> report using OpenOffice, E-mail it to work.
    >>>
    >>> Linux doesn't need costly anti-virus or an office suite that is a
    >>> trial version for a shot time, then must pay the piper, negating
    >>> its cost effectiveness.
    >>>

    >> The netbook also plays well to the green agenda; most people I speak to
    >> these days are more concerned with reducing power consumption because of
    >> both its environmental impact, and also its advantages in terms of
    >> reducing costs in times of recession, great for home users, companies,
    >> governments, schools, anyone on the move.

    > Was it not your prediction (among others') that mobile computing like this
    > would cannibalise sales of so-called 'desktops'? According to the
    > shillnalysts, that's already happening. There's no Vista in this space and the
    > expiring version of Windows is almost given away now... still, almost half the
    > units are sold with GNU/Linux, including specially-customed ones like the
    > software/layer from H-P.

    Yes, it was exactly my prediction that the traditional 1970s desktop
    model of computing would, once and for all, be destroyed by mobility,
    and that Linux would emerge as the winner in the mobility space.
    Further, I predicted that for most users, and migration to appliances
    for functional use rather than "general purpose" computers would be the
    natural direction.

    Each of these predictions are coming true rapidly indeed, with mobility
    on Android, LiMo, OpenMoko moving forward at a stunning pace, and
    equally, the web tablet market showing strong Linux bias with N770,
    N800, N810, and the netbook market with Asus Eee and Acer Linux
    machines.

    This area became so damaging for Microsoft that they had to change their
    already published EOL date for XP, resurrecting it for netbooks, as
    Vista is unable to compete with Linux in that space at all.

    Each time I check the Amazon netbook list, at least 50% of the machines
    are Linux-installed, so Linux is clearly selling exceedingly well in
    this space.

    In terms of appliances, just look at TomTom, Garmin, Archos, Chumby,
    Bubba Excito etc. etc.

    The desktop is very dead. Long live mobile linux.

  13. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:02:59 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Was it not your prediction (among others') that mobile computing like this
    >> would cannibalise sales of so-called 'desktops'? According to the
    >> shillnalysts, that's already happening. There's no Vista in this space and the
    >> expiring version of Windows is almost given away now... still, almost half the
    >> units are sold with GNU/Linux, including specially-customed ones like the
    >> software/layer from H-P.

    > Funny how you seem to have missed Asus's claim that XP outsells Linux on
    > netbooks 7:3. That's not even close to "almost half", but it's nice that
    > you admit that Windows outsells Linux on netbooks.
    >
    > http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20081031PD209.html
    >
    > "Currently, netbooks with a hard drive are the mainstream specification
    > accounting for 70% of total shipments, while SSDs account for the other
    > 30%. The ratio of Eee PCs preloaded Windows XP and Linux stands at 7:3"

    How do you know that people really just want the extra RAM and drive space
    required by XP?

    Personally, I wouldn't touch XP on those machines. Hell, I commandeered
    someone's old Latitude 510 laptop (same model as I had a couple years ago),
    and the suckage of XP on it is awful. Why in the hell does a right click
    on any item (left /or/ right panel) almost always yield an hourglass and
    a "not responding" message from Explorer? I have to resort to the command
    line to do stuff.

    Aside from that little laptop-specific problem, XP is just /putzy/.

    --
    I have become me without my consent.

  14. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > ____/ Homer on Tuesday 04 November 2008 02:36 : \____

    >>> To give just one example, 52 Brazilian people will soon be moving to
    >>> GNU/Linux.

    >> You mean "52 Million"?

    > Yes, thanks. I didn't recheck what I wrote.

    I was going to comment about the significance of "52 Brazilian people"
    to GNU/Linux uptake, but....

    --
    It's easier to take it apart than to put it back together.
    -- Washlesky

  15. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    On Nov 4, 3:17*am, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Homer on Tuesday 04 November 2008 02:36 : \____
    >
    > > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

    > >> To give just one example, 52 Brazilian people will soon be moving to
    > >> GNU/Linux.

    > > You mean "52 Million"?

    > Yes, thanks. I didn't recheck what I wrote.

    Shocking...

  16. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:02:59 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Was it not your prediction (among others') that mobile
    >> computing like this would cannibalise sales of so-called
    >> 'desktops'? According to the shillnalysts, that's already
    >> happening. There's no Vista in this space and the expiring
    >> version of Windows is almost given away now... still, almost
    >> half the units are sold with GNU/Linux, including
    >> specially-customed ones like the software/layer from H-P.

    > Funny how you seem to have missed Asus's claim that XP
    > outsells Linux on netbooks 7:3. That's not even close to
    > "almost half", but it's nice that you admit that Windows
    > outsells Linux on netbooks.
    >
    > http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20081031PD209.html
    >
    > "Currently, netbooks with a hard drive are the mainstream
    > specification accounting for 70% of total shipments, while
    > SSDs account for the other 30%. The ratio of Eee PCs preloaded
    > Windows XP and Linux stands at 7:3"

    Interesting how the numbers are changing. Before, many of our
    trolls here were spouting that Linux only has 0.6% of the market
    share. Now the argument has changed to 30% of ASUS netbooks in
    US are acclaimed now to have Linux. Vista has been the best
    thing that Microsoft has done to boost Linux sales. People want
    Linux, as illustrated in this article:

    http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/10/26/...inux-netbooks/

    Australians Demand Linux Netbooks
    Oct. 26th, 2008 by The VAR Guy

    The VAR Guy, as you may have heard, left the states to visit
    Australia this week. While wandering around Melbourne on October
    26, The VAR Guy stumbled into Geek Central. The 13-year-old
    company has three upscale retail locations in the area, servicing
    consumers while also offering on-site IT support to small businesses.

    Geek Central’s store had numerous Netbooks — those low-cost
    sub-notebooks — on display. Fact is, Netbooks are everywhere in
    Melbourne, with most local retailers carrying Asus’s Eee PC.

    Now for the twist: Initially, Geek Central only carried Windows
    XP-based Netbooks. But customer demand for Linux-based Netbooks
    was overwhelming, according to Mike — a Geek Central mate who
    gave The VAR Guy the scoop.

    Within weeks of adding Linux Netbooks to Geek Central’s product
    portfolio, the results were startling. Roughly one-third of the
    Netbook sales involved Linux rather than Windows, according to
    The VAR Guy’s local source.
    Australians want the Linux netbooks and they are selling like
    hotcakes.

    http://ostatic.com/173640-blog/linux...kely-avoidable

    In US, the netbooks are not being carried by larger retails out
    of fear that they will cut into profitable laptop sales. The
    user buys on-line and does not have a chance to hands on try it out:

    jkOnTheRun reasons that this isn't terribly surprising.
    Considering the low price of Linux netbooks, and their rarity at
    larger retailers that might allow new users to "kick the tires,"
    it seems that many new users leap, then look. [...] He also
    stated that many big box retailers are hesitant to stock netbooks
    in stores, because they might cut into sales of higher priced
    notebooks.
    The Linux sales potential is there. MSI previously not available
    in US with Linux loaded is now being planned:

    There are a few things to note, before continuing. MSI's Wind is
    not available with Linux as a pre-installed operating system in
    the United States -- yet. A Linux option is planned -- or maybe
    the correct phrase would be "has been in the works for a very
    long time." It was announced previously that the Wind would run a
    modified version of Novell's SUSE Linux, but Tung has indicated
    that this is not set in stone.
    Sales in retails stores, where a user can check one out before
    buying would help overcome the stigma, that Linux is not Windows:

    More netbooks -- Linux, or otherwise -- in "standard" retail
    outlets could reduce the return rate, if only because buyers
    could see, feel, and try out, even just briefly, the hardware and
    the software. The product is tangible, the software is right
    there, and the abstract idea of "Linux" is given a solid form.
    Oddly enough, I have not seen netbooks, albeit either Linux or XP
    selling in Wall-mart.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  17. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    7 wrote:

    > All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden
    > simultaneously!!!! The majority of the wintrolls have stopped
    > posting simultaneously?!!!
    >
    > What happened?
    >
    > All the socks gone to a gay bath house at the same time? And
    > the Linux hate blogs are also going off the air. May be they
    > all went to some meeting at Redmond?
    >
    > Anyone know? Anyone care??

    Due to weakening Vista sales, the troll papacy has had to rethink
    its contracts. They were all put on unpaid holiday, pending the
    shrinking slush fund tally.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  18. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    7 wrote:

    >All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!
    >
    >The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >
    >What happened?

    Layoffs at Microsoft.

    You didn't think anyone would praise Vista unless they were being paid to do so, did you?

    "Microsoft Vaccine 2000 is configuring your immune system.
    This may take a few minutes. If your body stops responding
    for a long time and there is no brain activity please die.
    Setup will continue after you are reborn."
    -Buzh

  19. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >XP is just /putzy/.

    Very much so.

    And it is the best OS that Microsoft has ever made or ever will make.

    Go forward to Vista/Longhorn -- -- as you go forward they suck more.

    Meanwhile Linux gets better and better.

  20. Re: All Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!

    7 wrote:

    >All the Wintrolls gone off air all of a sudden simultaneously!!!!
    >
    >The majority of the wintrolls have stopped posting simultaneously?!!!
    >
    >What happened?

    Maybe they took my advise to FOAD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast