[News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK - Linux

  1. [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    Affordable, Powerful Range Extension

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Bullet ships with Ubiquiti's AirOS firmware and a Linux SDK to encourage
    | open source development.
    `----

    http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/news/article.php/3782146

    Related:

    Why Linux won the embedded market?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | One story not told often enough involves Linux’ growing domination of the
    | embedded market.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2501

    Linux still top embedded OS

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In a new whitepaper on Linux in the embedded market, VDC researchers cite the
    | following reasons for Linux's popularity:
    |
    | * * * Licensing cost advantages
    | * * * Flexibility of source code access
    | * * * General familiarity
    | * * * Maturing ecosystem of applications and tools
    | * * * Growing developer experience with Linux as an embedded OS
    `----

    Embedded Linux research report ships

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | EDC noted that some 40 percent of the survey's 500 respondents were targeting
    | embedded Linux.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Also in the earlier reports, Andrews observed that the need for RTOS source
    | code was "one of the reasons that proprietary RTOSes created in-house for a
    | specific system have long been popular, and now it's a primary motivating
    | factor in the adoption of Embedded Linux."
    |
    | The now completed survey results are said to include "expert analysis" from
    | Ann Thryft, a 20-year industry veteran. The report includes chapters on
    | platforms, processors, tools, languages, security, target devices, mobile
    | development, and of course, Linux.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Why Linux won the embedded market?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> One story not told often enough involves Linux’ growing
    >> domination of the embedded market.

    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2501
    >

    > Linux still top embedded OS
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> In a new whitepaper on Linux in the embedded market, VDC
    >> researchers cite the following reasons for Linux's
    >> popularity:
    >>
    >> * Licensing cost advantages
    >> * Flexibility of source code access
    >> * General familiarity
    >> * Maturing ecosystem of applications and tools
    >> * Growing developer experience with Linux as an
    >> embedded OS

    > `----

    It is why it is cleaning Microsoft's plate on the lower end
    netbooks. People want an appliance to use, XP and Vista are too
    heavy to run on those, or run sluggish compared to Linux's
    sparkling performance.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 06 November 2008 17:49 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Why Linux won the embedded market?
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> One story not told often enough involves Linux’ growing
    >>> domination of the embedded market.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2501
    >>

    >> Linux still top embedded OS
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> In a new whitepaper on Linux in the embedded market, VDC
    >>> researchers cite the following reasons for Linux's
    >>> popularity:
    >>>
    >>> * Licensing cost advantages
    >>> * Flexibility of source code access
    >>> * General familiarity
    >>> * Maturing ecosystem of applications and tools
    >>> * Growing developer experience with Linux as an
    >>> embedded OS

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4920597981.html

    > It is why it is cleaning Microsoft's plate on the lower end
    > netbooks. People want an appliance to use, XP and Vista are too
    > heavy to run on those, or run sluggish compared to Linux's
    > sparkling performance.

    They tie up the vendors now (ASUS admits it) and try to artificially elevate
    the specs (and price). That's back to price-fixing days where they also set
    the rules on hardware spendings. ARM/MIPS ain't far away now... weeks/months
    away.

    Both Intel and Microsoft are scared. Intel has already begun throwing FUD at
    ARM.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "We should whack them (Dell over Linux dealings), we should make sure they
    understand our value."
    --Paul Flessner, Senior Vice President, Server Applications Unit

  4. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper on Thursday :
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why Linux won the embedded market?
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2501
    >>>

    >>> Linux still top embedded OS [...]
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4920597981.html

    >> It is why it is cleaning Microsoft's plate on the lower end
    >> netbooks. People want an appliance to use, XP and Vista are
    >> too heavy to run on those, or run sluggish compared to
    >> Linux's sparkling performance.

    > They tie up the vendors now (ASUS admits it) and try to
    > artificially elevate the specs (and price). That's back to
    > price-fixing days where they also set the rules on hardware
    > spendings. ARM/MIPS ain't far away now... weeks/months away.
    >
    > Both Intel and Microsoft are scared. Intel has already begun
    > throwing FUD at ARM.

    We are now suffering a worldwide recession. People aren't going
    to be interested in upgrading their hardware and software, if
    they are concerned whether they will have enough to put groceries
    on the table and keep their vehicles fueled.

    These netbooks meet a niche, because they are inexpensive and
    work very well for the purposes of connectivity, obtaining E-mail
    and net browsing, and entertainment. Gaming is a luxury. There
    are new plethoras of on-line gaming that only require a browser
    for access. Linux comes bundled with games that are overall
    entertaining.

    The trolls would rather one to believe that everyone is into
    premium real time graphics gaming, which is simply not true.

    A new netbook comes with new batteries and works like new, has a
    decent life and will go a long way to meet one's needs. The
    discovery of how well Linux operates and apps will also have
    employers considering differing ways of doing business,
    streamline their computing operations.

    Thick clients are out. Vista is dead.

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 06 November 2008 22:52 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper on Thursday :

    >>> It is why it is cleaning Microsoft's plate on the lower end
    >>> netbooks. People want an appliance to use, XP and Vista are
    >>> too heavy to run on those, or run sluggish compared to
    >>> Linux's sparkling performance.

    >> They tie up the vendors now (ASUS admits it) and try to
    >> artificially elevate the specs (and price). That's back to
    >> price-fixing days where they also set the rules on hardware
    >> spendings. ARM/MIPS ain't far away now... weeks/months away.
    >>
    >> Both Intel and Microsoft are scared. Intel has already begun
    >> throwing FUD at ARM.

    > We are now suffering a worldwide recession. People aren't going
    > to be interested in upgrading their hardware and software, if
    > they are concerned whether they will have enough to put groceries
    > on the table and keep their vehicles fueled.
    >
    > These netbooks meet a niche, because they are inexpensive and
    > work very well for the purposes of connectivity, obtaining E-mail
    > and net browsing, and entertainment. Gaming is a luxury. There
    > are new plethoras of on-line gaming that only require a browser
    > for access. Linux comes bundled with games that are overall
    > entertaining.
    >
    > The trolls would rather one to believe that everyone is into
    > premium real time graphics gaming, which is simply not true.
    >
    > A new netbook comes with new batteries and works like new, has a
    > decent life and will go a long way to meet one's needs. The
    > discovery of how well Linux operates and apps will also have
    > employers considering differing ways of doing business,
    > streamline their computing operations.
    >
    > Thick clients are out. Vista is dead.

    Well, Linux has top-notch games. It just has /FEWER/ of them, but then again,
    people don't require hundreds or thousands of top games. Nobody does.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men

  6. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper on Thursday :
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> They tie up the vendors now (ASUS admits it) and try to
    >>> artificially elevate the specs (and price). That's back to
    >>> price-fixing days where they also set the rules on
    >>> hardware spendings. ARM/MIPS ain't far away now...
    >>> weeks/months away.
    >>>
    >>> Both Intel and Microsoft are scared. Intel has already
    >>> begun throwing FUD at ARM.

    >> We are now suffering a worldwide recession. People aren't
    >> going to be interested in upgrading their hardware and
    >> software, if they are concerned whether they will have
    >> enough to put groceries on the table and keep their vehicles
    >> fueled.
    >>
    >> These netbooks meet a niche, because they are inexpensive
    >> and work very well for the purposes of connectivity,
    >> obtaining E-mail and net browsing, and entertainment.
    >> Gaming is a luxury. There are new plethoras of on-line
    >> gaming that only require a browser for access. Linux comes
    >> bundled with games that are overall entertaining.
    >>
    >> The trolls would rather one to believe that everyone is into
    >> premium real time graphics gaming, which is simply not
    >> true.
    >>
    >> A new netbook comes with new batteries and works like new,
    >> has a decent life and will go a long way to meet one's
    >> needs. The discovery of how well Linux operates and apps
    >> will also have employers considering differing ways of doing
    >> business, streamline their computing operations.
    >>
    >> Thick clients are out. Vista is dead.

    > Well, Linux has top-notch games. It just has /FEWER/ of them,
    > but then again, people don't require hundreds or thousands of
    > top games. Nobody does.

    They don't, and not everyone is into high resolution real-time 3D
    action gaming. My wife certainly isn't, but she enjoys a round
    of Mahjong or solitaire, which Linux certainly has good versions of.

    Besides, as Linux gains in popularity especially with the netbook
    phenomena, we will see the gaming tilt towards Linux again as it
    did about 9 years ago.

    --
    HPT

  7. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > These netbooks meet a niche, because they are inexpensive and
    > work very well for the purposes of connectivity, obtaining E-mail
    > and net browsing, and entertainment.

    > Gaming is a luxury.

    Only for the broke in the world.

    Overall bull**** you mean.

    > The trolls would rather one to believe that everyone is into
    > premium real time graphics gaming, which is simply not true.

    Not everyone, but many many millions. I've hardly played any games in about
    two years now, but I remember well the intense fun to be had with some of
    them. Modern gaming on a decent Windows PCs can be a transcendent
    experience. Linux can't compete.

    > A new netbook comes with new batteries and works like new, has a
    > decent life and will go a long way to meet one's needs. The
    > discovery of how well Linux operates and apps will also have
    > employers considering differing ways of doing business,
    > streamline their computing operations.
    >
    > Thick clients are out. Vista is dead.

    Thick brains are out. Vista has at least 20x as many users as Linux.

  8. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    DFS wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> These netbooks meet a niche, because they are inexpensive and work very
    >> well for the purposes of connectivity, obtaining E-mail and net
    >> browsing, and entertainment.

    >> Gaming is a luxury.

    > Only for the broke in the world.

    Of course, it is foolish to argue with this troll as it relies heavily on
    ad hominem attacks. However, the world is not in such good financial
    shape. (Oh, and I must say with a bit of amusement, the news site is
    apparently using OpenDocument!)

    http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite...9?OpenDocument

    or http://tinyurl.com/57tbwf

    IMF lowers world economic growth; India seen slowing down

    Washington, Nov 6 (PTI) The International Monetary Fund (IMF) today
    lowered India's economic growth forecast for next year to 6.3 per cent -
    0.6 per cent less than what it had projected last month - as the financial
    crisis envelops the world. Growth in world economic output for next year
    is also likely to suffer, with the multilateral funding agency projecting
    it to fall by 0.8 per cent at 2.2 per cent. [...]

    Painting a scary picture of world trade, the IMF forecast suggests that
    the global growth in volume of trade in goods and services would slide
    from 7.2 per cent to 4.6 per cent in 2008 and dip to 2.1 per cent next
    year. [...]

    According to IMF projections, the UK will be the worst hit on account of
    the global crisis and may witness contraction of its economy by 1.3 per
    cent in 2009.

    In addition, the advanced countries which will witness negative growth in
    2009 include the US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan. PTI
    With the failures in the stock market, mortgage market and overall
    worldwide recession, the least thing in most minds is gaming.

    >> There are new plethoras of on-line gaming that only require a browser
    >> for access. Linux comes bundled with games that are overall
    >> entertaining.

    > Overall bull**** you mean.

    Another unsubstantiated claim, which follows along the lines of:

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present evidence to
    support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid claims and have your
    anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the same. Do the same for any invalid
    claims that you have notice your anti-Linux propagandists comrades make.

    18. Don't discuss evidence counter to your position. Avoid examining
    or discussing evidence counter to your position. This is especially
    effective when combined with 3.2.8, Dancing Fool, wherein you change your
    position with every post.

    >> The trolls would rather one to believe that everyone is into premium
    >> real time graphics gaming, which is simply not true.

    > Not everyone, but many many millions. I've hardly played any games in
    > about two years now, but I remember well the intense fun to be had with
    > some of them. Modern gaming on a decent Windows PCs can be a
    > transcendent experience. Linux can't compete.

    See above.

    >> A new netbook comes with new batteries and works like new, has a decent
    >> life and will go a long way to meet one's needs. The discovery of how
    >> well Linux operates and apps will also have employers considering
    >> differing ways of doing business, streamline their computing
    >> operations.
    >>
    >> Thick clients are out. Vista is dead.

    > Thick brains are out. Vista has at least 20x as many users as Linux.

    This whole post by DFS is an example of an ad hominen attack.

    http://tantek.pbwiki.com/TrollTaxonomy

    Ad hominem troll

    Ad hominem troll at its simplest, will attack people personally, rather
    than the merits of their statements or methodologies.

    The ad hominem troll often has already lost a rational argument about a
    topic, and thus its goal is to change the argument from being about a
    topic, to being about the people opposed to the troll (which could mean
    any/all rational person(s) in the discussion), in the hopes of both
    discrediting people's ideas indirectly by discrediting the people, and
    engendering an emotional reaction from the people by attacking their egos
    / self-image. The "getting a reaction out of" goal is common to most troll
    types.

    The simple ad hominem troll is easily detected and dealt with by calling
    them on their ad hominem attacks.

    However, often ad hominem troll will start its discourse with seemingly
    reasonable commentary, perhaps an analogy etc. Using rational tone, they
    may lull you into thinking that they are rational in general and thus
    their entire message should be considered rational. Once they have
    established such an impression, then they will then descend into personal
    attacks which may even sound reasonably worded, until you recognize them
    for what they are, nothing more than personal attacks.

    Example: thacker. thacker starts by ignoring the previous comment (which
    itself was a rational challenge to thacker's earlier statements),
    repeating himself (see the section below on Repeating themselves), then
    moves onto an analogy. Afterwards he continues with personal attacks,
    starting subtly worded, then increasingly harsh:

    * "some here, yourself included, will not see nor understand the
    parallels"
    * "Your noses are simply buried too deeply into the proverbial bark."
    * "Or you lack the courage, will, ability to step away and ask the
    truly difficult questions. That is a shame."
    --
    HPT

  9. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Only for the broke in the world.

    > Of course, it is foolish to argue with this troll as it relies heavily on
    > ad hominem attacks.
    >>
    >> Not everyone, but many many millions. I've hardly played any games in
    >> about two years now, but I remember well the intense fun to be had with
    >> some of them. Modern gaming on a decent Windows PCs can be a
    >> transcendent experience. Linux can't compete.

    > See above.

    See below.

    http://rangit.com/software/top-8-linux-games-of-2007/

    See below.

    Misleading URL. It's actually 25 games.

    However:

    eagle May 25th, 2007 at 10:46 pm

    Is Tux Racer destined to be on every "Best of Linux Games" list
    forever and ever? Check out this list for a list of high quality games
    that actually came out this year, before adding games from six years ago
    and games that are not even out (like QW:ET)

    "This list" is:

    http://www.linuxgamingworld.com/games-catalog/

    Anyway, that's more games than I'll ever play.

    --
    When Dexter's on the Internet, can Hell be far behind?"

  10. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Besides, as Linux gains in popularity especially with the netbook
    > phenomena, we will see the gaming tilt towards Linux again as it
    > did about 9 years ago.

    Only in your DREAMS did gaming "tilt" toward Linux anytime in the past or
    future.

    How many big game titles have been released for Linux in the past year?
    One, maybe two? And those are done ONLY because the developers make their
    profit from Windows versions.

    It's Windows subsidizing Linux... again.

  11. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    DFS wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Besides, as Linux gains in popularity especially with the
    >> netbook phenomena, we will see the gaming tilt towards Linux
    >> again as it did about 9 years ago.

    > Only in your DREAMS did gaming "tilt" toward Linux anytime in
    > the past or future.
    >
    > How many big game titles have been released for Linux in the
    > past year? One, maybe two? And those are done ONLY because
    > the developers make their profit from Windows versions.
    >
    > It's Windows subsidizing Linux... again.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...tes/page4.html

    Bill Gates has gone, what's his legacy?
    From hippy to hanger-on
    By Gavin Clarke in San Francisco
    Posted in Applications, 30th June 2008 12:47 GMT

    Open source and online services are real problems for Microsoft.
    In the 1990s Microsoft built a massive army of developers and
    partners around exciting new products that revolutionized
    computing. Windows did away with niche operating systems and
    Office set a standard on personal productivity, creating mass
    markets that individuals could buy in to and build for.

    Years later, Microsoft is not generating that level of excitement
    anymore. Todays generation of developers is excited about
    Google, Amazon and Facebook. Not just as online destinations, but
    also in terms of the raw code resources and support they are
    getting. Thats where Microsoft won in the 1990s - giving away
    for free or a low cost the tools and resources that helped
    developers build applications for Windows and Office. Now Google,
    Amazon and Facebook are doing the same.

    John Lam, hired by Microsoft to lead its work on a version of
    Ruby for .NET, put it succinctly when he told a recent Silicon
    Valley scripting conference that Microsoft has lost a generation
    of developers.

    They have not just gone online. Thanks to debacles like Windows
    Vista they have also gone over to the Mac as a development
    platform under an invigorated Apple. The foot dragging and
    self-serving politics that delivered a vendor-friendly but
    inflexible WS- architecture has seen developers adopt
    alternatives like Representational State Transfer (REST).
    Ah, another troll's icon of success is slowly drifting away, as
    the arguments lack a certain "wow" that no longer exist.

    --
    HPT

  12. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Ah, another troll's icon of success is slowly drifting away, as
    > the arguments lack a certain "wow" that no longer exist.

    More thread-slinking and topic-changing by the weak-minded, faq-quoting HPT,
    who's forever unequipped to address the issues.

  13. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Only for the broke in the world.

    >> Of course, it is foolish to argue with this troll as it relies heavily on
    >> ad hominem attacks.
    >>>
    >>> Not everyone, but many many millions. I've hardly played any games in
    >>> about two years now, but I remember well the intense fun to be had with
    >>> some of them. Modern gaming on a decent Windows PCs can be a
    >>> transcendent experience. Linux can't compete.

    >> See above.

    > See below.
    >
    > http://rangit.com/software/top-8-linux-games-of-2007/
    >

    > See below.
    >
    > Misleading URL. It's actually 25 games.
    >
    > However:
    >
    > eagle May 25th, 2007 at 10:46 pm
    >
    > Is Tux Racer destined to be on every "Best of Linux Games" list
    > forever and ever? Check out this list for a list of high quality games
    > that actually came out this year, before adding games from six years ago
    > and games that are not even out (like QW:ET)
    >
    > "This list" is:
    >
    > http://www.linuxgamingworld.com/games-catalog/
    >
    > Anyway, that's more games than I'll ever play.

    You know less about gaming than you do about DirectX. Sometimes its
    better to say nothing and leave us to assume you are a complete idiot
    rather than prove it with every post. These games you list are generally
    complete garbage when compared to the best Windows offers.

    It seems even Cedega are dropping Linux support and concentrating on the
    Mac.

    Are you serious? Tux Racer?

    Here is a screenshot:

    http://tuxracer.sourceforge.net/imag.../console_1.jpg

    Here is a screneshot of a Windows racer:

    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/n...r/images.html#

    See if you can spot the difference. I doubt if you can.

  14. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > They don't, and not everyone is into high resolution real-time 3D
    > action gaming. My wife certainly isn't, but she enjoys a round of
    > Mahjong or solitaire, which Linux certainly has good versions of.

    As does Windows. Your point is what?

    > Besides, as Linux gains in popularity especially with the netbook
    > phenomena, we will see the gaming tilt towards Linux again as it did
    > about 9 years ago.

    netbooks are useless for modern gaming. Many dont have enough storage,
    CPU or graphics horsepower. Yes you can play Solitaire ......

    As for this "tilt" towards Linux, well, I have no idea what you are
    talking about. If anything the tilt has gone the other way are more and
    more developers drop OpenGL because of its poor support and slow turn
    around time to support newer HW.

  15. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    Scratch, sniff, familiar stench, oh yeah!

    Steve Townsend (Hadron) AKA Damian O'Leary, Hans Schneider wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> They don't, and not everyone is into high resolution
    >> real-time 3D action gaming. My wife certainly isn't, but
    >> she enjoys a round of Mahjong or solitaire, which Linux
    >> certainly has good versions of.

    > As does Windows. Your point is what?

    Your point is?

    >> Besides, as Linux gains in popularity especially with the
    >> netbook phenomena, we will see the gaming tilt towards Linux
    >> again as it did about 9 years ago.

    > netbooks are useless for modern gaming. Many dont have enough
    > storage, CPU or graphics horsepower. Yes you can play
    > Solitaire ......

    Not true. 3D gaming such as Doom II, Starcraft, Command and
    Conquer Red Alert, C&C Tiberian Sun, C&C Red Alert II & Yuri's
    Revenge ran fine on spartan hardware platforms. One does not
    need ultra high resolution commercial quality simulation graphics
    for a good gaming experience.

    > As for this "tilt" towards Linux, well, I have no idea what
    > you are talking about.

    This is an example of:

    47. Don't do your own homework. Make your opponent do your
    research for you. Depending on who much credibility you still
    have will determine how successful you will be at this tactic.

    48. Don't let your ignorance stop you from posting. No matter
    how little you understand of the issues being discussed in a
    thread, post anyway. If you don't know what you are talking about
    just pretend that you do.

    > If anything the tilt has gone the other way are more and more
    > developers drop OpenGL because of its poor support and slow
    > turn around time to support newer HW.

    49. Restate the issues to support your preconceptions. If the
    issues being discussed in a thread are not exploitable by you for
    your purpose, restate the issues to support your ability to
    attack Linux Advocate opponent.
    --
    HPT

  16. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Scratch, sniff, familiar stench, oh yeah!

    Indeed. Some of the wording is very similar, and, oh my! that sneering
    tone!

    > Steve Townsend (Hadron) AKA Damian O'Leary, Hans Schneider wrote:
    >>
    >> netbooks are useless for modern gaming. Many dont have enough
    >> storage, CPU or graphics horsepower. Yes you can play
    >> Solitaire ......

    > Not true. 3D gaming such as Doom II, Starcraft, Command and
    > Conquer Red Alert, C&C Tiberian Sun, C&C Red Alert II & Yuri's
    > Revenge ran fine on spartan hardware platforms. One does not
    > need ultra high resolution commercial quality simulation graphics
    > for a good gaming experience.
    >
    >> As for this "tilt" towards Linux, well, I have no idea what
    >> you are talking about.

    > This is an example of:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >

    > 47. Don't do your own homework. Make your opponent do your
    > research for you.
    > 48. Don't let your ignorance stop you from posting.
    >

    >> If anything the tilt has gone the other way are more and more
    >> developers drop OpenGL because of its poor support and slow
    >> turn around time to support newer HW.

    > 49. Restate the issues to support your preconceptions. If the
    > issues being discussed in a thread are not exploitable by you for
    > your purpose, restate the issues to support your ability to
    > attack Linux Advocate opponent.

    Well done, HPT.

    Hadron II. Same as the old Hadron. Qadron Huark rides again.

    --
    Law of the Jungle:
    He who hesitates is lunch.

  17. Re: [News] Bullet Comes with Linux SDK

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Steve Townsend (Hadron) AKA Damian O'Leary, Hans Schneider wrote:
    >
    >> If anything the tilt has gone the other way are more and more
    >> developers drop OpenGL because of its poor support and slow
    >> turn around time to support newer HW.

    > 49. Restate the issues to support your preconceptions. If the
    > issues being discussed in a thread are not exploitable by you for
    > your purpose, restate the issues to support your ability to
    > attack Linux Advocate opponent.

    If OpenGL is sliding, then why is Nvidia still working on drivers for it and
    providing a toolkit that supports both OpenGL and DirectX?

    http://news.developer.nvidia.com/

    NVIDIA OpenGL 3.0 Support in Linux and Windows

    NVIDIA's latest OpenGL 3.0 Drivers are available to developers at
    http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_3_driver.html -- the new
    drivers expand the strength of support for new OpenGL features and for
    the first time support a variety of 32- and 64-bit Linux flavors in
    addition to the support for Windows XP and Vista.

    Cg 2.1 Toolkit Released

    OpenGL and DirectX developers alike can now access the 2.1 release of the
    Cg Toolkit from http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html. New
    features include support in the runtime for Direct3D10, direct
    translation of Cg programs into HLSL10, GLSL improvements, a virtual file
    system for accelerated compilation, and more. For a full list, read the
    PDF release notes or just visit the Cg Toolkit Home Page.

    Hadron II. Same ****, different day.

    --
    Mickey Mouse wears a Spiro Agnew watch.

+ Reply to Thread