Editor's Note: Does Linux Deliver For Small Businesses?

,----[ Quote ]
| The answer is Yes, it does, though with some qualifications. The short
| answer: it's all in the implementation.
|
| [...]
|
| So the medium answer is Yes, Linux combined with friendly, skilled support
| definitely delivers for small business, and it does so better than any other
| platform. Even if there are some super-duper specialized Windows- or Mac-only
| applications that are must-haves for a particular business, the sane
| infrastructure is still Linux everywhere, Windows/Mac only as needed.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/it_managem...03103235OPBZCY

Yesterday:

Is Linux Truly Small Business Ready?

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on everything presented above, is it fair to say that a small business
| can operate exclusively on a Linux workstation/server setup? The short answer
| is yes. The longer, more in-depth answer is yes with the help of
| professionals to assist the small business owner with setup.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osr...2068_3781076_1

Recent:

Gameloft Moves 1,000 Desktops to Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| “It’s been a pretty big deployment, well over 1000 desktops and it’s been a
| huge success,” crows the source. “Ubuntu does the same job [as Windows] for
| zero cash. The most painful thing about the change over was moving to
| Thunderbird from Outlook. No one has batted an eyelid about moving to Gnome.”
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/10/03/...-ubuntu-linux/

Is Linux ready for your Small Business?

,----[ Quote ]
| Start Switching Applications Now. When you decide to start down this road,
| one of the best things you can do is to start switching applications now.
| Start installing Firefox on your Windows machines and encourage users to use
| it instead of IE (I would even suggest changing the default browser). *Most
| linux IM clients also have a working Windows version. *Install OpenOffice and
| remove Microsoft Office. *That last one will probably cause the most
| complaints.
`----

http://itatsmallbiz.wordpress.com/20...mall-business/
http://tinyurl.com/5gwpem

Move Your Business from Windows to Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/14787..._to_linux.html