Compiz Fusion and X.org MPX and Input Redirection Patches are now out!

,----[ Quote ]
| So, as previously said, the patches are now out today. Here is a list of what
| they contend of:
|
| * All plugins that used mouse input can use input from all devices, not
| just the master device
| * Fixes for the Input Redirection patches in the X Server
| * Input Redirection support in shift, scale, freewins, shelf and ring
| o (Expo and Ezoom are not included because they were difficult for
| me to do mathmatically, volunteers welcome)
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2008/...-the-contrary/

Recent:

Compiz-Fusion MPX Support is Complete!

,----[ Qujote ]
| I have now completed the first draft of the patches to add MPX support to
| Compiz-Fusion. These are only the first draft patches, so there are still
| tons of bugs to be fixed. After I fix those bugs, I’ll begin work on the
| Input Redirection patches for the rest of Compiz-Fusion.
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2008/...t-is-complete/

Compiz Support For Multi-Pointer X

,----[ Quote ]
| In May we shared that Multi-Pointer X (or MPX for short) was entering the
| mainline X server. While it was merged to master that month, X Server 1.5 was
| already branched out and therefore it won't appear in X.Org 7.4, but it will
| appear in X Server 1.6 (X.Org 7.5) until next year.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjU4MA

Related:

Compiz is the Most Important Thing to Ever Happen to Linux.

,----[ Quote ]
| If the Linux community wants to wipe Windows and Mac out of the OS business
| all they need to do in focus all of their collective efforts on developing
| Compiz. With the combine intelligence of hundreds of thousands of nerds we
| could develop the most pimped out windows management system known to mankind.
| The kids don’t want stability, they want an OS w/ rims that spin.
`----

http://fffff.at/compiz-is-the-most-i...appen-to-linux

Compiz is Cool – and Why That Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most vexed questions within the open source world is when, if
| ever, GNU/Linux will take off on the desktop. Strangely, this isn't really
| about capabilities: as someone who has Ubuntu running on both of his main
| systems, I can attest to the fact that GNU/Linux is not just usable, it's a
| downright pleasure to use. In fact, I constantly marvel at how transparent
| open source has become: most of the time I'm simply not aware that I'm using
| it – it just works.
|
| This raises the interesting question: so what's missing? What more does open
| source need to do in order to capture the attention of the general user? I
| think the answer can be found on this YouTube video.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolb...=701&blogid=14

Compiz and Compiz Fusion 0.7.6 out in wild

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cybero...6-out-in-wild/