    technology to accelerate bootup time. On my core solo, the new standard is
    1m10s for bootup. TOO SLOW.

    For the record, Vista boots in 45s on the same machine."

    #90 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+freeze&page=9

    Linux: what's your time worth?

  2. Re: Intrepid: boots 55% slower than Vista on the same machine

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:11:46 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "I think 8.10 was optimized to take advantage of dual/multiple core
    > technology to accelerate bootup time. On my core solo, the new standard is
    > 1m10s for bootup. TOO SLOW.
    >
    > For the record, Vista boots in 45s on the same machine."
    >

    > #90 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+freeze&page=9
    >

    > Linux: what's your time worth?

    Linux users time has no value.
    The unwashed basement dwellers have plenty of time to waste.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Intrepid: boots 55% slower than Vista on the same machine

    DFS wrote:
    > "I think 8.10 was optimized to take advantage of dual/multiple core
    > technology to accelerate bootup time. On my core solo, the new standard is
    > 1m10s for bootup. TOO SLOW.
    >
    > For the record, Vista boots in 45s on the same machine."
    >

    > #90 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+freeze&page=9
    >

    > Linux: what's your time worth?

    I'm at ~30secs on my custom built AMD64X2 6400+ (Ubuntu 8.04). All
    your saying is that with Vista you can get to the suck faster.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

+ Reply to Thread