Vista runs shockingly better than Linux on netbooks - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista runs shockingly better than Linux on netbooks - Linux ; "Just for grins and giggles, I went to Vlite, created my own version of Vista and installed it. No problems whatsover! The lag is gone (except for updates from MS), and it runs way better than Xandros and XP. Used ...

  1. Vista runs shockingly better than Linux on netbooks

    "Just for grins and giggles, I went to Vlite, created my own version of
    Vista and installed it. No problems whatsover! The lag is gone (except for
    updates from MS), and it runs way better than Xandros and XP. Used almost
    exactly 1/2 of the drive, but no problem as I use an external DVDRW and
    large usb thumbdrives for storage. Otherwise I was shocked that Vista ran so
    well!"

    ASUS Eee PC 900 16G - Pearl White NetBook Intel processor 8.9" Wide SVGA
    1GB Memory 16GB SSD Integrated Graphics

  2. Re: Vista runs shockingly better than Linux on netbooks

    DFS wrote:

    > it. No problems whatsover! The lag is gone (except for
    > updates from MS), and it runs way better than Xandros and XP. Used almost
    > exactly 1/2 of the drive, but no problem as I use an external DVDRW and
    > large usb thum

    I hope you know that vlite produces an illegal stripped down version of
    Windows. As such, there is no way on earth that it will be installed by an
    OEM.

    On the other hand, despite all the BS that you have been spreading in
    C.O.L.A. My little netbook running Ubuntu is great and gives me no problems
    what so ever. It has no lag and runs as smooth as silk. I know that that
    the average user would have no problems with it. That is of course not the
    story that you want heard.

    I don't know why you bother trying to dis' Linux in a Linux advocacy group.
    I can tell you that your telling stories to people who know better. As a
    result, you're just making yourself look desperate.

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread