Netbooks get Netgear - Linux

This is a discussion on Netbooks get Netgear - Linux ; Popularity of netbooks have warranted manufactures to make cases for them. One of them is from Crumpler, called the "Gimp Handle". I thought it interesting they would use a name familiar to Linux. http://www.netbooktech.com/2008/09/2...-netbook-case/ 28 Sep 2008 Crumpler to release ...

  1. Netbooks get Netgear

    Popularity of netbooks have warranted manufactures to make cases
    for them. One of them is from Crumpler, called the "Gimp Handle".

    I thought it interesting they would use a name familiar to Linux.

    http://www.netbooktech.com/2008/09/2...-netbook-case/

    Crumpler to release dedicated netbook case

    Crumpler, one of my favorite bag manufacturers, has announced
    that they will be making a dedicated netbook case called the Gimp
    handle (you have to love that name!). The Gimp handle will be
    available in four colors and will be made out of their Chicken
    Tex material. The 7 inch case will retail for around 30 EUR.
    Pocket-Lint reports that the bag should be available in the UK
    over the next few months.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  2. Re: Netbooks get Netgear

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 13:14:06 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Popularity of netbooks have warranted manufactures to make cases for
    > them. One of them is from Crumpler, called the "Gimp Handle".
    >
    > I thought it interesting they would use a name familiar to Linux.
    >
    > http://www.netbooktech.com/2008/09/2...ase-dedicated-

    netbook-case/

    > Crumpler to release dedicated netbook case
    >
    > Crumpler, one of my favorite bag manufacturers, has announced that they
    > will be making a dedicated netbook case called the Gimp handle (you have
    > to love that name!). The Gimp handle will be available in four colors
    > and will be made out of their Chicken Tex material. The 7 inch case will
    > retail for around 30 EUR. Pocket-Lint reports that the bag should be
    > available in the UK over the next few months.

    Netbooks may be small, but by the time I've added all my ancillary gear
    for WiFi work (panel antennas, cable etc), everything just fits in my new
    Logitech backpack.

    http://www.atpm.com/14.02/kinetik.shtml

  3. Re: Netbooks get Netgear

    Terry Porter wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Popularity of netbooks have warranted manufactures to make
    >> cases for them. One of them is from Crumpler, called the
    >> "Gimp Handle".
    >>
    >> I thought it interesting they would use a name familiar to
    >> Linux.
    >>
    >> http://www.netbooktech.com/2008/09/2...-netbook-case/

    Crumpler to release dedicated netbook case

    >> Crumpler, one of my favorite bag manufacturers, has
    >> announced that they will be making a dedicated netbook case
    >> called the Gimp handle (you have to love that name!). The
    >> Gimp handle will be available in four colors and will be
    >> made out of their Chicken Tex material. The 7 inch case will
    >> retail for around 30 EUR. Pocket-Lint reports that the bag
    >> should be available in the UK over the next few months.
    >>

    > Netbooks may be small, but by the time I've added all my
    > ancillary gear for WiFi work (panel antennas, cable etc),
    > everything just fits in my new Logitech backpack.
    >
    > http://www.atpm.com/14.02/kinetik.shtml

    Your application is for making a living.

    I find the netbook small enough to easily pack in a trunk on the
    motorcycle. Besides, I like Gnome Tetris implementation in
    Linpus Lite on the Acer Aspire One. :-)

    Netbook has redefined the purpose of a laptop, for portability on
    the go. For the reports I must write, OpenOffice suits me fine.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)