Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group? - Linux

This is a discussion on Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group? - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Tattoo Vampire on Saturday : >> High Plains Thumper wrote: >> >>> Perhaps it is time to start >>> comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated group? Your thoughts? >> >> I think you're right. Assholes like Queeg and Splat make it ...

  1. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Tattoo Vampire on Saturday :
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Perhaps it is time to start
    >>> comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated group? Your thoughts?

    >> I think you're right. Assholes like Queeg and Splat make it
    >> miserable for the real users here.

    > I'm in favour. Let's do this. :-)

    We could have as the charter,

    [proposed quote]
    1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated

    The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated is:

    For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    operating systems.

    That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
    newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated. The newsgroup's
    charter is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux
    to gather to discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux
    community and the promotion and development of Linux. It supports
    this as a place for those who would like to learn more about
    Linux to come to learn from those who know Linux.
    [/proposed quote]

    No longer would have have to have statements such as (continued
    from COLA FAQ):

    "It does not call for it to be a place where the anti-Linux
    propagandists to gather in order to discredit Linux."

    Because the trolls would be moderated out.

    In the new COLA FAQ, we could eliminate the troll tactics section
    in its entirety. Complete "2.3 Conduct Acceptable in COLA
    (moderated)" section. Expand the Linux help and benefits section.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  2. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Terry's Web Server wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Interesting that this nymshifting troll can't express itself
    >>> without insulting the poster.

    >> You insignificant piss-ant, you don't deserve any respect.

    > This troll must be bored. Well, let me give something to cheer
    > it up:
    >
    > http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2008/10...windows-vista/
    >
    > or http://tinyurl.com/59mqt2
    >

    > BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY
    > The WSJ examines the world of technology in business.
    >
    > October 29, 2008, 5:00 pm
    > Netbooks and the End of Windows Vista
    >
    > H-P on Wednesday unveiled a “netbook,” a miniature laptop that
    > costs $399. The announcement makes it the latest company to
    > widely sell smaller, cheaper – and less powerful – PCs.
    >
    > For years, success in the PC world was measured in improvements
    > in storage and processing power. But several computer makers late
    > last year introduced netbooks, which were initially aimed at
    > people who couldn’t afford conventional computers. These
    > computers have taken off like wildfire.
    >
    > They emerged too late to make a dent in last year’s sales
    > figures, but netbook sales should reach 10.8 million in 2008, or
    > about 7.3% of all laptop sales, according to IDC, which is set to
    > release its netbook forecast late Wednesday. Netbook sales are
    > expected to reach 20.8 million in 2009, or about 11.1% of all
    > laptop sales.
    >

    > buhbye Vista .... it was nice knowing you.
    >
    > Hello Linux ....

    Last time I wanted to bet you that your office would adopt Vista before it
    would adopt Linux crudware you ran away.

    Using Vista at work already, eh?

  3. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Terry's Web Server wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >>> And scumbag ****heads like you would be pretty much neutered. Sounds
    >>> like a plan to me.
    >>>
    >>> You pitiful, trolling weenie.

    >> What's wrong, luser - your supposed Linux "office migration" was a
    >> big failure? Or did the company go bankrupt?
    >>

    > Two faced Tattoo is over in the Vista NG graveling for help,
    > defanged. :-P

    Which Vista group?

  4. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > No longer would have have to have statements such as (continued from
    > COLA FAQ):
    >
    > "It does not call for it to be a place where the anti-Linux
    > propagandists to gather in order to discredit Linux."
    >
    > Because the trolls would be moderated out.
    >
    > In the new COLA FAQ, we could eliminate the troll tactics section in its
    > entirety. Complete "2.3 Conduct Acceptable in COLA (moderated)"
    > section. Expand the Linux help and benefits section.

    You like pissing in the wind, huh?

  5. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Terry's Web Server wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Interesting that this nymshifting troll can't express itself
    >>> without insulting the poster.

    >> You insignificant piss-ant, you don't deserve any respect.

    > This troll must be bored. Well, let me give something to cheer
    > it up:
    >
    > http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2008/10...windows-vista/
    >
    > or http://tinyurl.com/59mqt2

    "Netbooks are the biggest thing to hit the PC industry in over a
    decade," Bob O'Donnell, an IDC analyst, tells the Business
    Technology Blog.

    So what does this have to do with Microsoft? Most netbooks aren't
    powerful enough to run Windows Vista, the current version of
    Microsoft's operating system. H-P's new computer, for example,
    runs XP, an older version of Windows.

    > buhbye Vista .... it was nice knowing you.
    >
    > Hello Linux ....

    Or Vista, should you be dazed or feckless enough to settle for it.

    --
    Lots of folks confuse bad management with destiny.
    -- Frank Hubbard

  6. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> buhbye Vista .... it was nice knowing you.
    >>
    >> Hello Linux ....

    > Or Vista, should you be dazed or feckless enough to settle for it.

    Two stupid COLA *clowns* sure like to spin things. HTP you ****ing
    clown, I would read a link you posted if your ****ing life depended upon
    it.

  7. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Because the trolls would be moderated out.
    >
    > In the new COLA FAQ, we could eliminate the troll tactics section
    > in its entirety. Complete "2.3 Conduct Acceptable in COLA
    > (moderated)" section. Expand the Linux help and benefits section.

    Ye gods. The cola.moderated moderator would need psychiatric help after
    trying to filter out the filth!

    --
    I saw a man pursuing the Horizon, 'Round and round they sped.
    I was disturbed at this, I accosted the man, "It is futile," I said.

  8. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Chris Ahlstrom belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >> buhbye Vista .... it was nice knowing you.
    >>
    >> Hello Linux ....

    > Or Vista, should you be dazed or feckless enough to settle for it.

    Doh! XP I mean.

    Man, what putzy product XP is.

    --
    Until we're educating every kid in a fantastic way, until every inner city
    is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do.

  9. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Because the trolls would be moderated out.
    >>
    >> In the new COLA FAQ, we could eliminate the troll tactics section
    >> in its entirety. Complete "2.3 Conduct Acceptable in COLA
    >> (moderated)" section. Expand the Linux help and benefits section.

    > Ye gods. The cola.moderated moderator would need psychiatric help after
    > trying to filter out the filth!

    LyingMutt is already on the couch with his low-tech tactics.

  10. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    On 2008-11-01, Chris Ahlstrom claimed:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Because the trolls would be moderated out.
    >>
    >> In the new COLA FAQ, we could eliminate the troll tactics section
    >> in its entirety. Complete "2.3 Conduct Acceptable in COLA
    >> (moderated)" section. Expand the Linux help and benefits section.

    > Ye gods. The cola.moderated moderator would need psychiatric help after
    > trying to filter out the filth!

    Why not simply filter? Is there anybody here who can't? Are there
    people here who are married to a newsreader that can't handle deleting
    users who annoy them?

    --
    They say if you play the Windows Vista DVD backward you'll hear satanic
    messages. But even scarier, if you play it forward it installs Windows

  11. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 07:58:21 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > A Moderated newsgroup is almost impossible to troll.

    Yes, you should. It's a great idea. I'll help in any way I can.

    I'm serious.

  12. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> ____/ Tattoo Vampire on Saturday 01 November 2008 14:33 : \____

    >>> I think you're right. Assholes like Queeg and Splat make it
    >>> miserable for the real users here.

    >> I'm in favour. Let's do this. :-)
    >>

    > A moderated advocacy group? Really?

    Of course. Linux hypocrite "advocates*" are all in favor of choice and
    freedom... as long as it's the choices and freedoms they like.

  13. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

  14. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    "Tattoo Vampire" schreef in bericht
    > On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 10:15:18 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> A moderated cola would be perfect for you "advocate*" bozos. You'll
    >> finally
    >> be able to lie and whine about MS and Windows in relative peace, without
    >> the
    >> harsh truth to ruin your la-la worldview where MS is doomed/dying/dead
    >> and
    >> Linux won/is winning/will win.

    > And scumbag ****heads like you would be pretty much neutered. Sounds like
    > plan to me.
    >
    > You pitiful, trolling weenie.

    No, you and chrisv would die of boredom within a week in a so called "troll
    free" moderated COLA.
    No more insults like "****heads", "scumbag", "trolling weenie"!
    I hope you start such a group very fast, "advocating Linux" in the small
    circle out here!
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Good riddance, if you trolls all left this group!
    *Real* linux advocacy, without you windows bashers, would be like a dream
    come true!
    b.t.w.
    Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out!

  15. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 07:58:21 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> A Moderated newsgroup is almost impossible to troll.

    > Yes, you should. It's a great idea. I'll help in any way I can.
    >
    > I'm serious.

    What even if it said WINDUMMY products, services and Appil Crap cannot
    be mentioned by reference or by comparison?

    That it should be strictly Linux advocacy and nothing else?

    Even worse situation would be if

    comp.os.linux.advocacy
    comp.os.linux.troll
    comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated

    were set up and the newsgroup charters were updated.

    The trolls will by rules written into the newsgroup charter
    be forced to congregate in the troll group.

    Not a band thing. Its a great idea. I'll help any way I can.

    I'm serious.

  16. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    "Terry's Web Server" schreef in bericht
    news:GrWdnSWbFO5rF5HUnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Terry's Web Server wrote:

    >>> Two faced Tattoo is over in the Vista NG graveling for help,
    >>> defanged. :-P

    >> Which Vista group?

    > MS.public.windows.Vista.General

    Yes, I've seen it.
    "Flash - jerky playback and CPU pegged at 100%"

    This happens in Firefox, Opera and IE - all updated to latest version.
    Latest version of Flash plugin installed. Updated my video drivers. Playing
    any flash video yields spasmodic, jerky playback, with frames dropping,
    flicker and my CPU maxxed out at 100%. This system runs on a 1 GHz CPU and 2
    GB RAM, not the best Vista setup, but other than this Flash problem *the*
    *system* *runs* *Vista* *fine*

    A minor and easily fixable issue, b.t.w.
    It shows: Windows user by day, Linux user, windows basher by night!

  17. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    "DFS" schreef in bericht
    news:K6_Ok.54153$XT1.53499@bignews5.bellsouth.net. ..
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> A moderated cola would be perfect for you "advocate*" bozos. You'll
    >>> finally be able to lie and whine about MS and Windows in relative
    >>> peace, without the harsh truth to ruin your la-la worldview where MS
    >>> is doomed/dying/dead and Linux won/is winning/will win.

    >> Yea, all 5 of them!!
    >> Bwwwwwwaaaaaa!
    >>
    >> I can hear it now:
    >>
    >> Schestowitz: Isn't Linux great!
    >>
    >> Terry: That's the best advocacy I heard in years. Keep up the good
    >> work Roy!
    >>
    >> [Homer] : Microsoft sucks
    >>
    >> Terry: That's the best Linux advocacy I have heard in years! Keep up
    >> the good work [Homer].
    >>
    >> LiarMutt: I saw a Linux Netbook at CircuitCity!
    >>
    >> Terry: That's the best Linux advocacy........

    > hahha!!!
    >
    > Poor HPT would get real lonely with nobody to quote the FAQ to...

    lol ! Marti would be very disappointed, no more german professors to attack
    viciously!

  18. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    Clogwog wrote:
    > "Terry's Web Server" schreef in bericht
    > news:GrWdnSWbFO5rF5HUnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@earthlink.co m...
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Which Vista group?

    >> MS.public.windows.Vista.General
    >>

    > Yes, I've seen it.
    > "Flash - jerky playback and CPU pegged at 100%"
    >
    > This happens in Firefox, Opera and IE - all updated to latest version.
    > Latest version of Flash plugin installed. Updated my video drivers. Playing
    > any flash video yields spasmodic, jerky playback, with frames dropping,
    > flicker and my CPU maxxed out at 100%. This system runs on a 1 GHz CPU
    > and 2
    > GB RAM, not the best Vista setup, but other than this Flash problem
    > *the* *system* *runs* *Vista* *fine*
    >

    > A minor and easily fixable issue, b.t.w.
    > It shows: Windows user by day, Linux user, windows basher by night!

    Yes, you are correct. It's the status quo, and the MO I suspect for
    some of the most vocal in this NG. It's rather pathetic.

    I have also seen some posters in 24hrs doing the same thing. They bash
    MS to keep with the status quo and look good, and then they show in the
    Vista NG(s) so sweat and innocent.

    It just goes to show that you cannot trust anyone of them in this NG not
    one, as they are two-faced and hypocrites.

  19. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:09:04 -0400, Terry's Web Server wrote:

    > Two faced Tattoo is over in the Vista NG graveling for help, defanged. :-P

    How is it two-faced to ask for help, retard?

  20. Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:22:56 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

    > A minor and easily fixable issue, b.t.w.
    > It shows: Windows user by day, Linux user, windows basher by night!

    Hey, dumbass - I posted here a few week ago that my dad had sent me a Vista
    machine he built. Problem?