The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation - Linux

This is a discussion on The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation - Linux ; Peter Brown, Executive Director FSF: "This means that in the future, there will be "no fair use. No purchase and resell. No private copies. No sharing. No backup. No swapping. No mix tapes. No privacy. No commons. No control over ...

  1. The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    Peter Brown, Executive Director FSF:

    "This means that in the future, there will be "no fair use. No purchase and
    resell. No private copies. No sharing. No backup. No swapping. No mix tapes.
    No privacy. No commons. No control over our computers. No control over our
    electronic devices. The conversion of our homes into an apparatus to monitor
    our interaction with published works and Web sites."

    http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-O...iDRM-Protests/

    Unless you accept the various DRM measures, you Linux wacks are going to be
    stuck with junk like Ubuntu and homemade Blender videos and basement mus-ick
    (ala Marti's Beyond Despair) and XMoto.

    Isn't Linux/OSS/free software fun?

  2. Re: The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 01:16:10 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Peter Brown, Executive Director FSF:
    >
    > "This means that in the future, there will be "no fair use. No purchase and
    > resell. No private copies. No sharing. No backup. No swapping. No mix tapes.
    > No privacy. No commons. No control over our computers. No control over our
    > electronic devices. The conversion of our homes into an apparatus to monitor
    > our interaction with published works and Web sites."
    >
    > http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-O...iDRM-Protests/
    >

    > Unless you accept the various DRM measures, you Linux wacks are going to be
    > stuck with junk like Ubuntu and homemade Blender videos and basement mus-ick
    > (ala Marti's Beyond Despair) and XMoto.
    >
    > Isn't Linux/OSS/free software fun?

    Linux has all the makings of a communistic state.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    I generally find that DooFuS and Molshe are much more hysterical than FSF.

  4. Re: The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > I generally find that DooFuS and Molshe are much more hysterical than FSF.

    Well, they certainly have me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

    --
    The Korean War must have been fun.

  5. Re: The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    ray wrote:
    > I generally find that DooFuS and Molshe are much more hysterical than
    > FSF.

    Try again, raytard:

    "No privacy. No commons. No control over our computers. No control over our
    electronic devices. The conversion of our homes into an apparatus to monitor
    our interaction with published works and Web sites."

    Peter Brown, Exec Director, FSF

  6. Re: The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:18:39 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> I generally find that DooFuS and Molshe are much more hysterical than FSF.

    > Well, they certainly have me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

    Sorry LiarMutt, I don't give out doggy drops.
    You'll have to go to Schestowitz for that.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: The hysteria of the Free Software Foundation

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 01:12:15 +0000, ray wrote:

    > I generally find that DooFuS and Molshe are much more hysterical than FSF.

    Well certainly from the replies I've seen to DooFu$ & Flatfish, their
    decibels have gone up a notch or two in their shrieking.

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

+ Reply to Thread