Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful - Linux ; "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a disproportionate amount of feedback from people who argue that open-source software is a panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux is the answer to every problem that affects ...

  1. Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a disproportionate
    amount of feedback from people who argue that open-source software is a
    panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux is the answer to every problem
    that affects the Windows ecosystem. The market is doing a pretty good job of
    proving that they're wrong, as this example shows."

    Ed Bott
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557&tag=rbxccnbzd1

  2. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    DFS wrote:

    > "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a
    > disproportionate amount of feedback from people who argue that open-source
    > software is a panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux is the answer to
    > every problem that affects the Windows ecosystem. The market is doing a
    > pretty good job of proving that they're wrong, as this example shows."
    >
    > Ed Bott
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557&tag=rbxccnbzd1

    /quote
    He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and Office,
    including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out, Second Edition
    /unquote

    /quote
    In recent years, he has worked as an expert witness in cases where his
    experience and knowledge of Microsoft and Microsoft Windows have been
    useful.
    /unquote

    Yup. Just the unbiased expert needed

    Pitiful, DumbFull****. Can't you come with something substantial instead of
    that blokes opinion? That guy has a vested interest in the status quo.
    --
    What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
    simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog,

  3. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a
    >> disproportionate amount of feedback from people who argue that open-source
    >> software is a panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux is the answer to
    >> every problem that affects the Windows ecosystem. The market is doing a
    >> pretty good job of proving that they're wrong, as this example shows."
    >>
    >> Ed Bott
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557&tag=rbxccnbzd1

    > /quote
    > He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and Office,
    > including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out, Second Edition
    > /unquote
    >
    > /quote
    > In recent years, he has worked as an expert witness in cases where his
    > experience and knowledge of Microsoft and Microsoft Windows have been
    > useful.
    > /unquote
    >
    > Yup. Just the unbiased expert needed
    >
    > Pitiful, DumbFull****. Can't you come with something substantial instead of
    > that blokes opinion? That guy has a vested interest in the status quo.

    Well, so does DFS.

    --
    Offer limited to residents of the contiguous United States.

  4. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 00:57:44 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a disproportionate
    > amount of feedback from people who argue that open-source software is a
    > panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux is the answer to every problem
    > that affects the Windows ecosystem. The market is doing a pretty good job of
    > proving that they're wrong, as this example shows."
    >
    > Ed Bott
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557&tag=rbxccnbzd1

    Linux zealots tend to be obnoxious, weird, narcissistic and smelly.
    Most of them are social outcasts in fact and Linux is their only life.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    DFS wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a
    >>> disproportionate amount of feedback from people who argue that
    >>> open-source software is a panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux
    >>> is the answer to every problem that affects the Windows ecosystem.
    >>> The market is doing a pretty good job of proving that they're wrong,
    >>> as this example shows."
    >>>
    >>> Ed Bott
    >>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557&tag=rbxccnbzd1

    >> /quote
    >> He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and
    >> Office, including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out,
    >> Second Edition /unquote
    >>
    >> /quote
    >> In recent years, he has worked as an expert witness in cases where his
    >> experience and knowledge of Microsoft and Microsoft Windows have been
    >> useful.
    >> /unquote
    >>

    >> Yup. Just the unbiased expert needed
    >>
    >> Pitiful, DumbFull****. Can't you come with something substantial
    >> instead of that blokes opinion? That guy has a vested interest in the
    >> status quo.

    > It's not his opinion, moron. There are only facts presented in that
    > quote:
    >
    > Fact 1) he gets a disproportionate amount of annoying letters from
    > shrieking Linux idiots who hate Microsoft and foolishly think dumping
    > Windows for Linux will change everything for the better

    Certainly. Given that that bloke is just another MS shill, I value that lie
    0.00001 cent

    > Fact 2) the worldwide marketplace of computer users and companies
    > disagrees with the shrieking, MS-hating Linux idiots, and proves them
    > wrong.

    Ah, yes.
    Gods, are you stupid. How do you manage to breathe without artificial help,
    Oxygen-thief?
    --
    Only two things are infinite,
    the Universe and Stupidity.

  6. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    DFS wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> It's not his opinion, moron. There are only facts presented in that
    >>> quote:
    >>>
    >>> Fact 1) he gets a disproportionate amount of annoying letters from
    >>> shrieking Linux idiots who hate Microsoft and foolishly think dumping
    >>> Windows for Linux will change everything for the better

    >> Certainly. Given that that bloke is just another MS shill, I value
    >> that lie
    >> 0.00001 cent
    >>
    >>> Fact 2) the worldwide marketplace of computer users and companies
    >>> disagrees with the shrieking, MS-hating Linux idiots, and proves them
    >>> wrong.

    >> Ah, yes.
    >> Gods, are you stupid. How do you manage to breathe without artificial
    >> help, Oxygen-thief?

    > The last refuge of a beaten Linux moron: he's lying about Linux, and
    > you're stupid.

    The last refuge of a beaten DumbFull****: Claiming victory

    Your "only facts provided" proved to be far from any fact. And then you
    start shrieking.

    You are really stupid. And you prove it with every post you make. Are you
    somehow related to the level3-nymshifter? You both seem to have close
    relatives in the Louisiana swamps. Is your half-sister also your mother?
    Can you speak with something other than grunts?
    --
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

  7. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "As someone who writes about Windows for a living, I get a
    >> disproportionate amount of feedback from people who argue that
    >> open-source software is a panacea and that dumping Windows for Linux
    >> is the answer to every problem that affects the Windows ecosystem.
    >> The market is doing a pretty good job of proving that they're wrong,
    >> as this example shows."
    >>
    >> Ed Bott
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557&tag=rbxccnbzd1

    > /quote
    > He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and
    > Office, including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out,
    > Second Edition /unquote
    >
    > /quote
    > In recent years, he has worked as an expert witness in cases where his
    > experience and knowledge of Microsoft and Microsoft Windows have been
    > useful.
    > /unquote
    >

    > Yup. Just the unbiased expert needed
    >
    > Pitiful, DumbFull****. Can't you come with something substantial
    > instead of that blokes opinion? That guy has a vested interest in the
    > status quo.

    It's not his opinion, moron. There are only facts presented in that quote:

    Fact 1) he gets a disproportionate amount of annoying letters from
    shrieking Linux idiots who hate Microsoft and foolishly think dumping
    Windows for Linux will change everything for the better

    Fact 2) the worldwide marketplace of computer users and companies disagrees
    with the shrieking, MS-hating Linux idiots, and proves them wrong.

  8. Re: Linux/OSS lusers: annoying, wrong, pitiful

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Khlmann wrote:

    >>> /quote
    >>> He is the author of more than 25 books on Microsoft Windows and
    >>> Office, including the best-selling Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out,
    >>> Second Edition /unquote
    >>>
    >>> /quote
    >>> In recent years, he has worked as an expert witness in cases where
    >>> his experience and knowledge of Microsoft and Microsoft Windows
    >>> have been useful.
    >>> /unquote
    >>>

    >>> Yup. Just the unbiased expert needed
    >>>
    >>> Pitiful, DumbFull****. Can't you come with something substantial
    >>> instead of that blokes opinion? That guy has a vested interest in
    >>> the status quo.

    >> It's not his opinion, moron. There are only facts presented in that
    >> quote:
    >>
    >> Fact 1) he gets a disproportionate amount of annoying letters from
    >> shrieking Linux idiots who hate Microsoft and foolishly think dumping
    >> Windows for Linux will change everything for the better

    > Certainly. Given that that bloke is just another MS shill, I value
    > that lie
    > 0.00001 cent
    >
    >> Fact 2) the worldwide marketplace of computer users and companies
    >> disagrees with the shrieking, MS-hating Linux idiots, and proves them
    >> wrong.

    > Ah, yes.
    > Gods, are you stupid. How do you manage to breathe without artificial
    > help, Oxygen-thief?

    The last refuge of a beaten Linux moron: he's lying about Linux, and you're
    stupid.

+ Reply to Thread