[News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombie Lead to Military Action - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombie Lead to Military Action

    Tech industry group battles botnets

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Several ISPs and Internet companies will meet in San Francisco early next
    | year to adopt a common strategy for combating botnets, the remotely
    | controlled networks that are used to carry out distributed denial-of-service
    | attacks and massive spam campaigns.
    `----

    http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...8-botnets.html

    US Army sets up special new task force to protect against cyber attacks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The US Army has set up a new task force for the protection against cyber
    | attacks. The Defense Industrial Base Cyber Security Task Force (DIB CSTF)
    | will combat the apparently widespread theft of controlled but unclassified
    | information from computer systems. The group will have an annual budget of
    | $1.2m. According to a report issued by the US Army last August, such
    | incidents can "potentially undermine and even neutralise the technological
    | advantage and combat effectiveness of the future force".
    `----

    http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/118234

    "Spam will be a thing of the past in two years’ time."

    --Bill Gates, 2004

    "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant
    number of users want fixed."

    --Bill Gates, 1995

    "The Internet? We are not interested in it."

    --Bill Gates, 1993

    "Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much
    of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny
    if it weren't so irritating."

    --Bill Gates

    Recent:

    What is the speed of spam? 7.8 billion messages per hour!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Spam volumes have doubled, and the Srizbi botnet alone was seen to be capable
    | of pumping out an astonishing 7.8 billion messages an hour. That is probably
    | worth repeating: 7.8 BILLION spams every single hour!
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19992/1054/

    Bots rule in cyberspace

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | USA TODAY REPORTS that on an average day, 40 per cent of the 800 million
    | computers connected to the Internet are bots used to send out spam, viruses
    | and to mine for sensitive personal data.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ule-cyberspace

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombie Lead to Military Action

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Tech industry group battles botnets
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Several ISPs and Internet companies will meet in San Francisco early
    > | next year to adopt a common strategy for combating botnets, the remotely
    > | controlled networks that are used to carry out distributed
    > | denial-of-service attacks and massive spam campaigns.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...8-botnets.html

    IT Admin is on holiday.
    Does this mean all WINDUMMY PCs are toast?

+ Reply to Thread