Re: Microsoft's drug dealer tactics - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft's drug dealer tactics - Linux ; On 2008-10-29, amicus_curious wrote: > > "Richard Rasker" wrote in message > news:490854e2$0$720$7ade8c0d@textreader.nntp.inter nl.net... >> >> http://www.australianit.news.com.au/...013040,00.html >> >> "Aged care providers are shocked by Microsoft's decision to revoke their >> not-for-profit status, which gave them access to its products ...

  1. Re: Microsoft's drug dealer tactics

    On 2008-10-29, amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Richard Rasker" wrote in message
    > news:490854e2$0$720$7ade8c0d@textreader.nntp.inter nl.net...
    >>
    >> http://www.australianit.news.com.au/...013040,00.html
    >>
    >> "Aged care providers are shocked by Microsoft's decision to revoke their
    >> not-for-profit status, which gave them access to its products at a
    >> heavily
    >> discounted rate.

    > You seem to have missed the key part of this, i.e.:
    >
    > "The spokesman said Microsoft remained committed to supporting
    > not-for-profit organisations and had donated more than $22 million worth of
    > software to local charities last year."
    >
    > How many million bucks have the anti-MS folks donated this year? Na-da to be

    ...except it's not in dollars. It's in something that is even less
    tenuous than a fiat currency. It's in "software". With my own meagre
    personal resources I could myself replicate that feat with software
    that I too "own" (as much as anyone really owns it).

    [deletia]

    Greenbacks with no strings attached. Now that's charity.

    --

    Some people have this nutty idea that in 1997 |||
    reading to a hard disk and writing to a hard disk / | \

  2. Re: Microsoft's drug dealer tactics

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > With my own meagre personal resources

    No wonder you're so angry at Microsoft, JED.

+ Reply to Thread