Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad - Linux ; Chris Ahlstrom writes: > After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out > this bit o' wisdom: > >> Steve Townsend espoused: >>> >>> Go read the thread where he was talking nonsense about DirectX and the >>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

  1. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Steve Townsend espoused:
    >>>
    >>> Go read the thread where he was talking nonsense about DirectX and the
    >>> other one where he dismisses Visual Studio while not giving any Linux
    >>> equivalents. It seems to me that about 10% of what he says has any

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>> semblance to the truth or comes from hard earned real experiences.

    >> Another wild stab in the dark, I see.
    >>
    >> Please go to a suitable forum, as this is not it. You are not welcome
    >> here.

    > Isn't it /amazing/ how much like Hadron he sounds?

    I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.

  2. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > I can report, however, having had all kinds of interesting issues on
    > this, and can equally report that at my $employer, there have been
    > teams of people working on trying to get combinations of packages
    > which will work on the PCs people have in the company so that they
    > can do their day-jobs. It's intensely complex, because there is no
    > proper package management in Windows.

    This works well [enough] for us:

    https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-271-272^9783_4000_100

  3. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 12:27:09 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    >> [snips]
    >>
    >> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 09:15:17 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Oh yeah... like that's going to happen. Do go ahead and show a list of
    >>> companies that decided to maintain and support their own distro
    >>> because they have the source code.

    >> IBM.
    >> HP, apparently.
    >> Linksys.
    >> Imovio.
    >> Cool-Idea Technology.
    >> OpenPandora.org.
    >> Archos.
    >> Clarion.
    >> Aceeca.
    >> Noah Education.
    >> Samsung.
    >> Motorola.
    >> Emblaze Mobile.
    >> Tranzda Technologies.
    >> OpenMoko.
    >>
    >> And the list goes on and on and on and on and on...

    > You might as well add Redhat and Novell to that list. The problem with
    > your list is that these are all technology based companies who already
    > have software developers.

    You asked for a list of companies that decided to maintain and support
    their own distro because they have source available. This is just such a
    list.

    Don't like it? Too freakin' bad. You set up the goal posts, I sent one
    right down the middle. Cope.

  4. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Steve Townsend espoused:

    > Mark Kent writes:
    >
    >> Steve Townsend espoused:

    >>> Go read the thread where he was talking nonsense about DirectX and the
    >>> other one where he dismisses Visual Studio while not giving any Linux
    >>> equivalents. It seems to me that about 10% of what he says has any

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>> semblance to the truth or comes from hard earned real experiences.

    >> Another wild stab in the dark, I see.

    > I can only tell it as I see it.

    Except that you don't - you make huge sweeping claims, like "most
    Windows user never"; clearly you cannot possibly know the truth of such
    a statement.

    >> Please go to a suitable forum, as this is not it. You are not welcome
    >> here.

    > Who are you? Are you Terry Potter? He seems to think he is in charge
    > here too.

    This is not a suitable forum for you - please leave.

  5. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Steve Townsend espoused:

    > Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> Steve Townsend espoused:

    >>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>
    >>> Another wild stab in the dark, I see.
    >>>
    >>> Please go to a suitable forum, as this is not it. You are not welcome
    >>> here.

    >> Isn't it /amazing/ how much like Hadron he sounds?

    > I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    > suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    > contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.

    Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.

  6. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Steve Townsend espoused:
    >>

    >> Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Isn't it /amazing/ how much like Hadron he sounds?

    >> I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    >> suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    >> contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.
    >>

    > Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    > long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.

    Yup. His claim that Hadron Quark "contributed to helping people" in
    technical groups is bull****.
    He got run out of the ubuntu group for his constant trolling, and he behaves
    the same in the debian group.

    Naturally this "Steve Townsend" is just another nymshift of Hadron Quark.
    And as usual, with all things he attempts, he is too incompetent to pull it
    off, even for a short time. He will wonder what gave him away, just as
    flatfish still does not know the many things giving him away every time
    --
    We may not return the affection of those who like us,
    but we always respect their good judgement.

  7. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Steve Townsend espoused:
    >>
    >> I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    >> suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    >> contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.

    > Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    > long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.

    Even in the above short clip, the Hadronic stench is unmistakable. Hadron
    just cannot resist boosting his own ego.

    --
    Stellar rays prove fibbing never pays. Embezzlement is another matter.

  8. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Peter Köhlmann espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Townsend espoused:

    >>> I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    >>> suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    >>> contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.
    >>>

    >> Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    >> long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.
    >>

    > Yup. His claim that Hadron Quark "contributed to helping people" in
    > technical groups is bull****.
    > He got run out of the ubuntu group for his constant trolling, and he behaves
    > the same in the debian group.
    >
    > Naturally this "Steve Townsend" is just another nymshift of Hadron Quark.
    > And as usual, with all things he attempts, he is too incompetent to pull it
    > off, even for a short time. He will wonder what gave him away, just as
    > flatfish still does not know the many things giving him away every time

    Looking in the mirror is easy, seeing, however, is rather more tricky.

  9. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    Chris Ahlstrom espoused:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Steve Townsend espoused:
    >>>
    >>> I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    >>> suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    >>> contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.

    >> Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    >> long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.

    > Even in the above short clip, the Hadronic stench is unmistakable. Hadron
    > just cannot resist boosting his own ego.

    Presumably there's noone else to do it for him...

  10. Re: Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:40:21 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Steve Townsend espoused:
    >>

    >> Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Isn't it /amazing/ how much like Hadron he sounds?

    >> I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    >> suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    >> contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.
    >>

    > Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    > long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.

    He posted M$ fanboi stuff *just* like Quack. IMHO he gave himself away a
    few times.

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:40:21 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Townsend espoused:

    >>> I just googled Hadron. He seems to have had your number. Liarnut! It
    >>> suits you. I also noticed his name in other technical groups where he
    >>> contributed to helping people. More than can be said for you.
    >>>

    >> Go away, Hadron. Into the killfile with you. I was fairly sure, given
    >> long enough, you'd expose yourself. And you did.

    > He posted M$ fanboi stuff *just* like Quack. IMHO he gave himself away a
    > few times.

    What MS fan boi stuff? What are you talking about? On this very day I am
    *trying* to educate you about Debian and its different releases which
    you appear to know nothing about. I almost never use Windows anymore.

    Why do you insist on making yourself look even stupider than you
    obviously are?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3