    Nothing I did on the previous one would fix the issue...it really was a
    total screwup system that I had to totally abandon. Windows XP saved me for
    a while, but now I can thankfully use Ubuntu again for most things!"

    #483 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...eezing&page=49

    This is one of many posts where the hassles and freezing of Linux force the
    victims back to Windows.

    "Linux just works"

  2. Re: Windows XP saves Linux victim

    Didn'tFinishSchool wrote:
    > "I had the random freezing problem for ages before...ended up giving up and
    > using Windows XP for ages. ....
    > Anyway, my new Intel based motherboard seems to have solved the problem.
    > Nothing I did on the previous one would fix the issue...it really was a
    > total screwup system that I had to totally abandon. Windows XP saved me for
    > a while, but now I can thankfully use Ubuntu again for most things!"
    >
    > #483 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...eezing&page=49
    >

    > This is one of many posts where the hassles and freezing of Linux force the
    > victims back to Windows.
    >
    > "Linux just works"

    ....but it wasn't enough so this person came back to Linux.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

  3. Re: Windows XP saves Linux victim

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Norman Peelman belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Didn'tFinishSchool wrote:
    >> "I had the random freezing problem for ages before...ended up giving up and
    >> using Windows XP for ages. ....
    >> Anyway, my new Intel based motherboard seems to have solved the problem.
    >> Nothing I did on the previous one would fix the issue...it really was a
    >> total screwup system that I had to totally abandon. Windows XP saved me for
    >> a while, but now I can thankfully use Ubuntu again for most things!"
    >>
    >> #483 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...eezing&page=49
    >>
    >> This is one of many posts where the hassles and freezing of Linux force the
    >> victims back to Windows.
    >>
    >> "Linux just works"

    > ...but it wasn't enough so this person came back to Linux.

    Good catch. Good expansion of "DFS", too.

    "dodgy nforce chip or something"

    --
    Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.
    -- Laurie Anderson

+ Reply to Thread