[News] A Look at the Linux-based Challenger to ZFS - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: [News] A Look at the Linux-based Challenger to ZFS

    ____/ chrisv on Tuesday 04 November 2008 14:42 : \____

    > Michael B. Trausch wrote:
    >
    >>mentally-ill troll wrote:
    >>>
    >>> If you guys want all this choice, something will suffer.
    >>> I would 17+ years of Linux failing to make a dent on the desktop is
    >>> pretty good evidence that your choice method isn't working.

    >>Hrm, the first production version of Linux was released in early 1994.
    >>It's late 2008. That would seem to amount to about 14½ years.
    >>
    >>And Linux is, and has been, a _huge_ success in every way measurable,
    >>particularly since popularity really isn't the goal. The goal is to
    >>have a great system in place for people that want to use that system.
    >>Don't like the ones that are available? You have the freedom to build
    >>your own! It's not a black box.

    > More of the mentally-ill troll's "logic".
    >
    > "Linux has choice and Linux has small market share. Therefore, Linux
    > would be better-off with less choice."
    >
    > Sheesh. I sure am glad I'm not that fsckwitted...

    Wha?? Linux has small market share?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Forty percent of servers run Windows, 60 percent run Linux," [Ballmer]
    | said. "How are we doing? Forty is less than 60, so I don't like it. ... We
    | have some work to do."
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...to_google.html

    Linux still super in Top500

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In the June 2008 Top500 list, Linux still lives large with a role in 92% of
    | systems (It is the only OS for 85.4%, but when considering all distributions
    | (SUSE, Red Hat, CentOS, and general ‘Linux,’ as well as mixed uses that
    | include Linux, I figure the share is more like the 92%).
    `----

    http://blogs.the451group.com/opensou...per-in-top500/

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "We should whack them (Dell over Linux dealings), we should make sure they
    understand our value."
    --Paul Flessner, Senior Vice President, Server Applications Unit

  2. Re: [News] A Look at the Linux-based Challenger to ZFS

    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "Forty percent of servers run Windows, 60 percent run Linux,"
    > | [Ballmer] said. "How are we doing? Forty is less than 60, so I
    > | don't like it. ... We have some work to do."
    > `----

    Why?

    This quote says it all about the Vole's mentality. They have a healthy
    market share, and they make a profit in that market, so why is 40% not
    enough? Why are other companies not allowed to sell their products and
    services in that market too? Competing is one thing, but what the Vole
    seems to be aiming for is industrial genocide followed by domination.

    It's sick; it's wrong; and it should be illegal. In fact, I would have
    Ballmer jailed just for making that statement.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    03:18:12 up 25 days, 13:14, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.03

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2