Ontario LinuxFest 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| This was the second year of Ontario LinuxFest. With a better venue, more
| attendees, and a slate of excellent speakers with fascinating topic matter,
| the second year was even better than the first. When the biggest problem you
| have at a conference is that your printed program does not map sessions to
| presenters, you are on to something. I look forward to attending Ontario
| LinuxFest 2009.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/151692

about:mozilla - 2010 Goals, Camino, Firefox UI, localizations, Ubiquity,
security metrics, and more…

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
| * 2010 Goals: Data Discussion - Today!
| * Camino 2.0 alpha 1 now available
| * Thoughts on Mozilla’s 2010 mobile goals
| * Firefox Themes: Alex Faaborg on Firefox toolbar UI
| * Six new localizations in Firefox 3.0.4
| * Ubiquity Update
| * Window Snyder on Mozilla security metrics
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnew...rics-and-more/

The Bizarre Cathedral - 28

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...e_cathedral_28

Recent:

Ontario Linux Fest on October 25

,----[ Quote ]
| Toronto has a lot going on, especially if you are into Linux. For those in
| your family who are not into Linux there is lots to do for them as well.
|
| First we have the Free Software and Open Source Symposium in Toronto, Oct
| 23/24.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/...tober-23-24-25

Nominations open for OSCON Open Source Awards

,----[ Quote ]
| In the lead up to the tenth annual OSCON Open Source convention, organisers
| at O’Reilly and Google are welcoming nominations for their jointly hosted
| Open Source Awards.
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/74915,...ce-awards.aspx

Ontario Linux Fest: April 2008 announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| It's coming! Ontario Linux Fest 2008 is a GO! We have picked a venue
| and a date, and we can't wait to hear from you. You gave us great
| feedback at the event last year, so we're building on our success.
`----

http://onlinux.ca/node/224

Related:

Free Ontario

,----[ Quote ]
| It doesn't matter if they end up switching wholesale to Ubuntu Linux, adopt
| AbiWord as the Provincial word processor, or even just make the move to use
| Firefox on all desktops. The Goal is to raise awareness. The Goal is to get
| our foot in the door. Once it’s in, we can do more.
|
| Show them the power of Open Source. Show them the power of a community
| working together. Show them how to think differently.
|
| Show them how to make a Free Ontario.
`----

http://therabidpenguin.blogspot.com/...e-ontario.html

Ontario Linuxfest 2007

http://www.bioslevel.com/index.php/r...aid/1193463081

The Long Road To Free Software in Quebec

,----[ Quote ]
| The report was overwhelming: “ We have no control over our own information
| systems! And yet that is the one and only area in which we can achieve the
| necessary gains in productivity.” That day, I came to understand the many
| needs that are fulfilled by free software and how it is of crucial importance
| to our country’s economy.
`----

http://www.savoirfairelinux.com/engl...bre-au-quebec/

Ontario Linux Fest