G1 Price Drop: Wal-Mart to Sell Android For Less

,----[ Quote ]
| The G1 will become available Wednesday in select Wal-Mart stores for $148.88,
| with a two-year agreement. That's $31.11, or about 17 percent, less than the
| T-Mobile pricetag of $179.99. The offer will be available to all new T-Mobile
| customers and to any existing customers who qualify for upgrades. As of now,
| about 550 locations are slated to participate.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15296...ml?tk=rss_news

Recent:

Google's Android: It's not just for phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Bruggeman declined to share specifics about which Internet-connected devices
| might employ the operating system, but he did mention TVs and set-top boxes
| as well as cars. And he was confident some will arrive next year.
|
| "I don't want to pre-announce any design wins," he said. "I think you'll see
| them in 2009. I would be shocked if you didn't."
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10047551-1.html

GACL

,----[ Quote ]
| Until Chrome came along, Google's Master Mobile Plan didn't quite add up. Now
| it does. Chrome -- Google's new superbrowser -- is cream on the top of a new
| mobile software stack. Let's call it GACL, for Gears, Android and Chrome on
| Linux. Gears is a way to run Web apps on desktops and store data locally as
| well as in the cloud. Android is a development framework for Linux-based
| mobile devices. Chrome is a browser, but not just for pages. Chrome also runs
| apps. In that respect, it's more than the UI-inside-a-window that all
| browsers have become. It's essentially an operating system.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/gacl

Is Android Google's Ticket into the Enterprise?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15130...nterprise.html