Red Hat releases beta of Enterprise Linux 5.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has released the beta version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.3
| to download via the Red Hat Network. The beta shows that the upcoming third
| collection of updates for RHEL5 will again add numerous bug fixes as well
| including some extended functionality to the corporate focused Linux.

Booz Allen Leverages Red Hat Solutions to Deliver Flexible and Scalable SOA

,----[ Quote ]
| Booz Allen Hamilton has been at the forefront of strategy and technology
| consulting for more than 90 years.

Red Hat: Crisis to boost open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The global economic crisis would provide a boost for open source software,
| Red Hat chief executive Jim Whitehurst claimed during a visit to Sydney this
| week.
| Whitehurst, who stopped over down under as part of a tour of the Asia-Pacific
| region, said in an interview with ZDNet Asia's sister site ZDNet Australia
| that the crisis would cause companies to consolidate their technology
| infrastructure and reduce spending.

No Recession at Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| It is flattering to be mentioned, Mr. Whitehurst said, but he noted that
| corporate customers and the industry benefit from what he called Red
| Hat’s “Switzerland status” — not being a province of one of the major powers
| in the technology industry.

Microsoft sees slide in profits

Red Hat Exchange Doubles Quarterly Bookings, Boosts Zimbra and MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| The VAR Guy thought Red Hat Exchange — an online store the software company
| launched last year — would be an overnight hit. It wasn’t. But after some
| tinkering, Red Hat Exchange (RHX) seems to be taking off — and giving
| partners like MySQL and Zimbra a lift as well. In fact, the site’s bookings
| doubled in Red Hat’s most recent quarter, The VAR Guy has learned. Here’s how
| Red Hat got RHX on track.

Red Hat promises next generation open source virtualisation technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Contrary to some perceptions that open source businesses are unprofitable,
| Red Hat has achieved significant earnings in this area, according to Gery
| Messer, president of Red Hat Asia Pacific.
| “About 85 per cent of Red Hat’s revenue comes from our subscription-based
| services,” Messer said. “Services like consulting, training and certification
| account for the remaining 15 per cent of our earnings.”

Red Hat Upgrades JBoss, JON for Enterprise SOA

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has upgraded its enterprise offerings for SOA with the release of
| JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform 4.3 and JBoss Operations Network 2.1. The focus
| of these upgrades are to cut cost and complexity of SOA projects, and bring
| more visibility to SOA management and team development.
| The upgrades to JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform and JBoss Operations Network
| will feature cooperative support and will allow enterprises to remotely
| monitor and manage their open source SOA (service-oriented architecture)
| deployments, the company said.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)