Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!! - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!! - Linux ; http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another new-and-improved-and honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating system with the same code, just a few different icons and call it the newest ...

  1. Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed

    This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another new-and-improved-and honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating system with the same code, just a few different icons and call it the newest and most technologically advanced thing out there, a must have. Yeah right!

    Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!!

  2. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    Dave U. Random wrote:

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed
    >
    > This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No
    > one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another new-and-improved-and
    > honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating system with the same code,
    > just a few different icons and call it the newest and most technologically
    > advanced thing out there, a must have. Yeah right!
    >
    > Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!!

    It looks as if all they are doing is to make the GUI more appealing. But
    they are doing nothing to sort out the problems under the hood, like the
    poor security, the lack of package management, the lack of disk management
    so that continual defragging is necessary, and so forth.

    It's merely putting lipstick on a pig, and as everyone knows, when you put
    lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

  3. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:38:16 +0100 (CET), Dave U. Random wrote:

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed
    >
    > This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another new-and-improved-and honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating system with the same code, just a few different icons and call it the newest and most technologically advanced thing out there, a must have. Yeah right!
    >
    > Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!!

    There are a lot of people using Vista.
    Ask Dell, HP, Gateway etc about how many pro-loaded systems they sell and
    you will get a rough idea.

    Where Vista is suffering, and badly, is in the upgrade arena, especially
    corporate upgrades.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:38:16 +0100 (CET), Dave U. Random wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed
    >>
    >> This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No
    >> one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another new-and-improved-and
    >> honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating system with the same code,
    >> just a few different icons and call it the newest and most
    >> technologically advanced thing out there, a must have. Yeah right!
    >>
    >> Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!!

    > There are a lot of people using Vista.

    Wrong. There are a lot of people /buying/ preinstalled Vista machines. Not
    because the want Vista, but because there's no alternative. Apple is too
    expensive for most, and Linux still isn't offered in stores, except on
    netbooks (where it's doing quite well indeed).

    > Ask Dell, HP, Gateway etc about how many pro-loaded systems they sell and
    > you will get a rough idea.

    Well over half of the people I know who got a Vista machine have already
    upgraded it to XP or Linux. And some of those who still use Vista are more
    stuck with Vista than that they voluntarily stuck to Vista -- mostly
    because it's virtually impossible to install XP on those machines.

    > Where Vista is suffering, and badly, is in the upgrade arena, especially
    > corporate upgrades.

    No wonder, if even the world's most prominent computer expert shuns Vista in
    their own company.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  5. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:17:01 +0100, Richard Rasker wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:38:16 +0100 (CET), Dave U. Random wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed
    >>>
    >>> This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No
    >>> one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another new-and-improved-and
    >>> honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating system with the same code,
    >>> just a few different icons and call it the newest and most
    >>> technologically advanced thing out there, a must have. Yeah right!
    >>>
    >>> Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!!

    >> There are a lot of people using Vista.

    > Wrong. There are a lot of people /buying/ preinstalled Vista machines. Not
    > because the want Vista, but because there's no alternative. Apple is too
    > expensive for most, and Linux still isn't offered in stores, except on
    > netbooks (where it's doing quite well indeed).

    Like I said, there are a lot of people using Vista......
    Alternative or not, it doesn't matter.

    >> Ask Dell, HP, Gateway etc about how many pro-loaded systems they sell and
    >> you will get a rough idea.

    > Well over half of the people I know who got a Vista machine have already
    > upgraded it to XP or Linux. And some of those who still use Vista are more
    > stuck with Vista than that they voluntarily stuck to Vista -- mostly
    > because it's virtually impossible to install XP on those machines.

    You've also told a couple of real whopper tales, like girls on trains etc
    so please forgive me if I take your statements with a grain of salt.
    A very small grain.

    >> Where Vista is suffering, and badly, is in the upgrade arena, especially
    >> corporate upgrades.

    > No wonder, if even the world's most prominent computer expert shuns Vista in
    > their own company.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    Whatever.
    The bottom line is people aren't converting to Linux.
    They just are not and your small world of Linux lovers means nothing in the
    grand scheme of things.

    Like I said, ask Dell etc how many Vista machines they ship per day..

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    >>> There are a lot of people using Vista.

    Micoshaft fraudsters LYING at their best.

    > You've also told a couple of real whopper tales, like girls on trains etc
    > so please forgive me if I take your statements with a grain of salt.
    > A very small grain.

    Look fool, take it with a suppository as is usual for your kind.

    I don't understand how micoshaft can fund idiots like you
    to make double whopper lying posts.

    But then again, Linux is far superior to WINDUMMY OSen.
    And truth hurts. Even a grain of it.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  7. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:17:01 +0100, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> There are a lot of people using Vista.

    >> Wrong. There are a lot of people /buying/ preinstalled Vista machines. Not
    >> because the want Vista, but because there's no alternative. Apple is too
    >> expensive for most, and Linux still isn't offered in stores, except on
    >> netbooks (where it's doing quite well indeed).

    > Like I said, there are a lot of people using Vista......
    > Alternative or not, it doesn't matter.

    You're correct of course. I needed a new laptop. It just happened to
    have Vista on it. I started using Vista, and I liked it. My previous
    laptop had Win ME, which I replaced with Win 2k and then moved to XP,
    before the laptop gave out.

    >>> Ask Dell, HP, Gateway etc about how many pro-loaded systems they sell and
    >>> you will get a rough idea.

    >> Well over half of the people I know who got a Vista machine have already
    >> upgraded it to XP or Linux. And some of those who still use Vista are more
    >> stuck with Vista than that they voluntarily stuck to Vista -- mostly
    >> because it's virtually impossible to install XP on those machines.

    > You've also told a couple of real whopper tales, like girls on trains etc
    > so please forgive me if I take your statements with a grain of salt.
    > A very small grain.

    I wouldn't trust anything this person has to say. He seems to have a
    very active imagination and living in delusions.

    >>> Where Vista is suffering, and badly, is in the upgrade arena, especially
    >>> corporate upgrades.

    >> No wonder, if even the world's most prominent computer expert shuns Vista in
    >> their own company.
    >>

    > Whatever.
    > The bottom line is people aren't converting to Linux.
    > They just are not and your small world of Linux lovers means nothing in the
    > grand scheme of things.

    True, and I am still talking to people the average Joe the Plumber
    people that have never heard of Linux to this day. They know about MS
    and Apple.

    So, I tell them about Linux a little bit, and they don't even care. To
    be honest, most don't even know about Vista. They all know about XP.

    > Like I said, ask Dell etc how many Vista machines they ship per day..

    Rasker thinks he is some kind of a guru. He's not a guru, and that's for
    sure.

  8. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    7 wrote:

    > But then again, Linux is far superior to WINDUMMY OSen.
    > And truth hurts. Even a grain of it.

    This is the very reason most Linux lunatics need to be locked-up. There
    is something wrong with people like this.

  9. Re: Vista is doomed...and so is Windows 7!!

    Robin T Cox wrote:
    > Dave U. Random wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...8/vista-doomed
    >>
    >> This article talks about Vista being doomed, but who really cares? No
    >> one's using it anyway. They'll just pony up another
    >> new-and-improved-and honest-to-God-it's-good-this-time operating
    >> system with the same code, just a few different icons and call it
    >> the newest and most technologically advanced thing out there, a must
    >> have. Yeah right!
    >>
    >> Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!!!

    > It looks as if all they are doing is to make the GUI more appealing.
    > But they are doing nothing to sort out the problems under the hood,
    > like the poor security, the lack of package management, the lack of
    > disk management so that continual defragging is necessary, and so
    > forth.
    >
    > It's merely putting lipstick on a pig, and as everyone knows, when
    > you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

    Speaking of which.. how's your piggy Ubuntu slopware running?

    "...when the freezes happen the logs never give any clue, and you can
    only regain control via the Alt-SysRq REISUB key combination - which,
    incidentally, throws my BIOS out of sync, so that it thinks I only
    have 1 hard disk until I completely power off the machine."

    By Robin T. Cox, #419 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=42

+ Reply to Thread