Re: [News] Microsoft Office Embraces The Browser (Thank You Google) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Microsoft Office Embraces The Browser (Thank You Google) - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out this bit o' wisdom: > > Microsoft ...will be offering ?lightweight? versions of Office > applications... Users will be able to read and edit documents from the > browser....Microsoft will ... ...

  1. Re: [News] Microsoft Office Embraces The Browser (Thank You Google)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Microsoft ...will be offering ?lightweight? versions of Office
    > applications... Users will be able to read and edit documents from the
    > browser....Microsoft will ... be copying the Google approach .
    >

    > So?free Office from Microsoft, and one less desktop application. For
    > most users this will be more than enough to make the expensive,
    > downloaded version irrelevant.
    >

    > http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/10/28...nk-you-google/

    One notes that they use Silverlight, but fall back to AJax. Let's hope the
    functionality survives in browsers and operating systems other than Windows.

    --
    cursor address, n:
    "Hello, cursor!"

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Office Embraces The Browser (Thank You Google)

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft Office Embraces The Browser (Thank You Google)

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Wednesday 29 October 2008 19:22 : \____
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>

    >>> Microsoft ...will be offering ?lightweight? versions of Office
    >>> applications... Users will be able to read and edit documents from the
    >>> browser....Microsoft will ... be copying the Google approach .
    >>>

    > http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/10/28...nk-you-google/
    >>
    >> One notes that they use Silverlight, but fall back to AJax. Let's hope the
    >> functionality survives in browsers and operating systems other than Windows.

    > Why? You think of using that bastard? Any IT department which requires access
    > to Microsoft Lockloud needs a head check. Its head are too deep in the cloud.

    Why would I use it? I think Microsoft software is generally bloated and
    klunky. However, many more forgiving or more naive people may be interested
    in it.

    Description of amicus_spurious?:

    --
    There is no better way of exercising the imagination than the study of law.
    No poet ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer interprets truth.

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft Office Embraces The Browser (Thank You Google)

+ Reply to Thread