<expletive deleted> - Linux

This is a discussion on <expletive deleted> - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, AqD belched out this bit o' wisdom: > I don't do auto-update. Auto-update windows is just stupid because you > cannot recover it from CD if something goes wrong (everything could go > wrong!). ...

  1. <expletive deleted>

    After takin' a swig o' grog, AqD belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > I don't do auto-update. Auto-update windows is just stupid because you
    > cannot recover it from CD if something goes wrong (everything could go
    > wrong!). I install latest stable version windows, from CD merged with
    > SP(x) and drivers, and NO update afterwards.

    Were'nt you the recent virus poster child here?

    My daughter's XP laptop got hosed by some malware that wanted her to pay $50
    to eradicate itself. I had to implore her to not do it. This was a couple
    days ago.

    Maybe the IT guys at her school are clowns, but she's getting one of those
    supposedly non-existent XP wipe'n'reinstalls.

    "Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

    --
    It's Like This
    Even the samurai have teddy bears,

  2. Re: <expletive deleted>

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >My daughter's XP laptop got hosed by some malware that wanted her to pay $50
    >to eradicate itself. I had to implore her to not do it. This was a couple
    >days ago.
    >
    >Maybe the IT guys at her school are clowns, but she's getting one of those
    >supposedly non-existent XP wipe'n'reinstalls.

    'About 99% of home users use XP/Vista/98. They do not have all this
    "hassle and trouble" to which you refer.' - "True Linux advocate"
    Hadron Quark

+ Reply to Thread