    To fix this, open terminal and type the following:
    $ sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Then find "InputDevice" section with Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    Change Option "Protocol" "ps/2"
    Option Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Last *restart* X using Ctrl + Alt + Backspace
    --

  2. Re: Even enabling a scrollmouse in Ubuntu needs a restart! >> whata joke!

    On 2008-10-28, Clogwog was urged to write the following:
    > Enable mouse scroll under VMware guest
    > In case where using guest Linux under VMware, mouse scroll does not work.
    > To fix this, open terminal and type the following:
    > $ sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    > Then find "InputDevice" section with Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    > Change Option "Protocol" "ps/2"
    > Option Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    > Last *restart* X using Ctrl + Alt + Backspace

    That's restarting *X*, not the entire OS. Your subject is misleading.
    And I bet using "Option Option" will give you problems :-p

    --
    Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do
    is smoke pot and smell bad.

  3. Re: Even enabling a scrollmouse in Ubuntu needs a restart! >> what a joke!

    Clogwog wrote:

    > Enable mouse scroll under VMware guest
    > In case where using guest Linux under VMware, mouse scroll does not work.
    > To fix this, open terminal and type the following:
    > $ sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    > Then find "InputDevice" section with Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    > Change Option "Protocol" "ps/2"
    > Option Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    > Last *restart* X using Ctrl + Alt + Backspace

    X is only a program... unlike windows where you have to reboot the entire os
    for things like this...

    --

    ************************************************** ***************************

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    18:49:38 up 2 days, 6:23, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

    ************************************************** ***************************

  4. Re: Even enabling a scrollmouse in Ubuntu needs a restart! >> what a joke!

    Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Clogwog wrote:
    >
    >> Enable mouse scroll under VMware guest
    >> In case where using guest Linux under VMware, mouse scroll does not work.
    >> To fix this, open terminal and type the following:
    >> $ sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    >> Then find "InputDevice" section with Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    >> Change Option "Protocol" "ps/2"
    >> Option Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    >> Last *restart* X using Ctrl + Alt + Backspace

    > X is only a program... unlike windows where you have to reboot the entire
    > os for things like this...

    Well thats alright for you to say!
    I'm waiting for Clog The Stupid (TM) to reveal who wrote X by looking up
    the domain owner of where it is hosted.

+ Reply to Thread