Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release.... - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release.... - Linux ; Phil Da Lick! wrote: > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: >> http://tinyurl.com/6evs9l >> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nch_2008&num=1 >> >> >> >> "Major slowdowns after Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" in so many different >> tests >> certainly weren't what we had expected. " >> >> Spamowitz ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6evs9l
    >> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nch_2008&num=1
    >>

    >> "Major slowdowns after Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" in so many different
    >> tests
    >> certainly weren't what we had expected. "
    >>
    >> Spamowitz seems to have missed this one as well.
    >> Wonder why that is?
    >>

    > How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You missed that one
    > too.

    Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    it reloaded, IT director.

  2. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6evs9l
    >>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nch_2008&num=1
    >>>

    >>> "Major slowdowns after Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" in so many different
    >>> tests
    >>> certainly weren't what we had expected. "
    >>>
    >>> Spamowitz seems to have missed this one as well.
    >>> Wonder why that is?
    >>>

    >> How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You missed that
    >> one too.

    > Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    > it reloaded, IT director.

    Your infantile trolling ran out of steam. Long ago.

  3. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You missed that
    >>> one too.

    >> Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    >> it reloaded, IT director.

    > Your infantile trolling ran out of steam. Long ago.

    Really? Why did you respond then you maroon? It's full steam-ahead with
    you **** for brains. :-P

  4. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >>
    >> Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    >> it reloaded, IT director.

    > Your infantile trolling ran out of steam. Long ago.

    That wasn't steam. That was spittle.

    --
    He who knows nothing, knows nothing.
    But he who knows he knows nothing knows something.

  5. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Linux Pimps wrote:
    >>> Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    >>> it reloaded, IT director.

    >> Your infantile trolling ran out of steam. Long ago.

    > That wasn't steam. That was spittle.

    Now now LyingMutt, don't be a NG lapdog all of the time pull lips off
    the COLA poster's butt. You need some Chap-Stick the way you move around
    here with your lips always in the ready. Your lips have to be dry and
    cracked.

  6. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    ray wrote:

    >That's as opposed to MS which gets faster and faster with every new
    >release. Pretty soon we'll be running vista on an 8086.

    Yeah, nothing like a 4X increase in computing power between successive
    OS releases, eh? Just when the computing world is really going
    portable. That's some wonderful product design they've got going in
    Redmond.

  7. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 04:54:06 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Major slowdowns after Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" in so many
    >>> different tests certainly weren't what we had expected. "
    >>>
    >>> Spamowitz seems to have missed this one as well. Wonder why
    >>> that is?

    >> How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You missed
    >> that one too.

    > I used Feisty Fawn before upgrading to Gutsy Gibbon. It worked fine.
    >
    > Here is its agenda, which is old as the hills and consistant:

    So you are claiming that Phoronix, one of Schestowitz's favorite feeds, has
    an agenda against Linux?

    http://tinyurl.com/6evs9l
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?

    They did extensive benchmarking and you HPT give us 2 sentences which are
    dubious at best and expect us to believe you and dispute them?

    I don't think so.

    Come back when you remove the rose colored glasses and purge the Kool Aid
    from your system.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:59:19 -0400, Linux Pimps wrote:

    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6evs9l
    >>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nch_2008&num=1
    >>>

    >>> "Major slowdowns after Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" in so many different
    >>> tests
    >>> certainly weren't what we had expected. "
    >>>
    >>> Spamowitz seems to have missed this one as well.
    >>> Wonder why that is?
    >>>

    >> How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You missed that one
    >> too.

    > Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    > it reloaded, IT director.

    He's still trying to figure out what color inks he has to mix together in
    order to get the color brown.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  9. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You
    >>> missed that one too.

    >> I used Feisty Fawn before upgrading to Gutsy Gibbon. It
    >> worked fine.
    >>
    >> Here is its agenda, which is old as the hills and
    >> consistent:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c
    >>
    >> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    >> Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on
    >> PulseAudio,
    >> Fedora Live CDs Interview
    >> Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT
    >>

    >>> Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of
    >>> "works for me" crap in COLA and most times it's just
    >>> people telling lies.

    >> Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm
    >> reading these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason
    >> they are going to COLA is because whomever started the
    >> thread had it crossposted there...and to Vista groups, which
    >> I removed because this has nothing to do with Vista.
    >>
    >> I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    >> since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a
    >> month+ ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux.
    >> There are things I like and things I don't like.
    >>
    >> Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious
    >> that you are completely anti-Linux, just like some are
    >> completely anti-MS, and have such strong preconceived
    >> beliefs that it doesn't really matter what anyone says about
    >> any particular Linux item, everyone's a liar, and nothing
    >> works out-of-the-box.

    > So you are claiming that Phoronix, one of Schestowitz's
    > favorite feeds, has an agenda against Linux?

    LOL, another case of troll illiteracy or shifting of the goal post.

    > They did extensive benchmarking and you HPT give us 2
    > sentences which are dubious at best and expect us to believe
    > you and dispute them?
    >
    > I don't think so.
    >
    > Come back when you remove the rose colored glasses and purge
    > the Kool Aid from your system.

    This is an example of:

    12. Blame your stupidity and lies on your opponent.
    Blame your own stupidity on the Linux advocate you are dealing
    with. Such as when you have made an unsupportable claim that
    suggest a list of details and your are asked to present your
    non-existent list reply with, "I don't have to list them for you;
    you aren't bright enough to know what you're missing by using X
    instead of a real Y, I'm not going to explain it to you." Then
    hope that nobody reading the thread realizes that your statement
    translates as, "I lack the knowledge or facts needed to counter
    your position or your position is too complete and accurate to be
    refuted. So, I will say things to sound superior to avoid
    admitting you are right."
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  10. Re: Linux Gets Slower With Each New Release....

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:59:19 -0400, Linux Pimps wrote:
    >
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> How's windows's latest release in the speed stakes? You missed that one
    >>> too.

    >> Your printing press ran out of paper. You had better hop to it and get
    >> it reloaded, IT director.

    > He's still trying to figure out what color inks he has to mix together in
    > order to get the color brown.

    Oh look a wintroll made an ASSumption again.

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 01:37:45 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> I used Feisty Fawn before upgrading to Gutsy Gibbon. It
    >>> worked fine.
    >>>
    >>> Here is its agenda, which is old as the hills and
    >>> consistent:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c
    >>>
    >>> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    >>> Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on
    >>> PulseAudio,
    >>> Fedora Live CDs Interview
    >>> Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    >>> Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm
    >>> reading these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason
    >>> they are going to COLA is because whomever started the
    >>> thread had it crossposted there...and to Vista groups, which
    >>> I removed because this has nothing to do with Vista.
    >>>
    >>> I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    >>> since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a
    >>> month+ ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux.
    >>> There are things I like and things I don't like.
    >>>
    >>> Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious
    >>> that you are completely anti-Linux, just like some are
    >>> completely anti-MS, and have such strong preconceived
    >>> beliefs that it doesn't really matter what anyone says about
    >>> any particular Linux item, everyone's a liar, and nothing
    >>> works out-of-the-box.

    >> So you are claiming that Phoronix, one of Schestowitz's
    >> favorite feeds, has an agenda against Linux?

    > LOL, another case of troll illiteracy or shifting of the goal post.

    No it's an example of you not reading the post and accusing Phoronix of
    having an anti-Linux agenda.
    All your squawking won't change that fact because it's right in your reply.

    Nice self nuke!
    Roy is going to be mad at you

    >> They did extensive benchmarking and you HPT give us 2
    >> sentences which are dubious at best and expect us to believe
    >> you and dispute them?
    >>
    >> I don't think so.
    >>
    >> Come back when you remove the rose colored glasses and purge
    >> the Kool Aid from your system.

    > This is an example of:

    No.
    It's an example of you self imploding, as usual.