Re: Africa gets shortchanged with Linux (poor Africa) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Africa gets shortchanged with Linux (poor Africa) - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, raylopez99 belched out this bit o' wisdom: > Once again Africa gets the short end of the stick. > > RL > > Wall Street Journal > TECHNOLOGY OCTOBER 28, 2008 > Microsoft Battles ...

  1. Re: Africa gets shortchanged with Linux (poor Africa)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, raylopez99 belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Once again Africa gets the short end of the stick.
    >
    > RL
    >
    > Wall Street Journal
    > TECHNOLOGY OCTOBER 28, 2008
    > Microsoft Battles Low-Cost Rival for Africa
    > By STEVE STECKLOWArticle
    >

    > In the end, the joint-marketing agreement was never signed, and the
    > Microsoft deal unraveled. Microsoft says it gave up after "it became
    > clear" that the Nigerian government wanted Linux.
    > The laptops were delivered with Linux.

    !Muchas gracias por this happy news, Seņor!

    --
    I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member.
    -- Groucho Marx

  2. Re: Africa gets shortchanged with Linux (poor Africa)

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, raylopez99 belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Once again Africa gets the short end of the stick.
    >>
    >> RL
    >>
    >> Wall Street Journal
    >> TECHNOLOGY OCTOBER 28, 2008
    >> Microsoft Battles Low-Cost Rival for Africa
    >> By STEVE STECKLOWArticle
    >>

    >> In the end, the joint-marketing agreement was never signed, and the
    >> Microsoft deal unraveled. Microsoft says it gave up after "it became
    >> clear" that the Nigerian government wanted Linux.
    >> The laptops were delivered with Linux.

    > !Muchas gracias por this happy news, Seņor!

    Hey now, you should make sure you don't piss on yourself.

+ Reply to Thread