[News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software

    Roy Schestowitz schreef:

    > Open Source Government: Naples goes Open Source
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Naples and Open Source - Naples municipality intend to adopt open
    > | source.Re-use of code seems a key motivator factor, as reported in the press
    > | release.
    > `----
    >
    > http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/10/...s-open-source/

    Same in Amsterdam, they are defiantly moving to SUSE (bad choice but at
    least "Linux").

    I've been digging for an English press release all week, unfortunately
    without success.

    http://webwereld.nl/articles/53233/a...-werkplek.html

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  3. Re: [News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software

  4. Re: [News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software

    "ml2mst" schreef in bericht
    > Roy Schestowitz schreef:

    >> Open Source Government: Naples goes Open Source
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Naples and Open Source - Naples municipality intend to adopt open |
    >> source.Re-use of code seems a key motivator factor, as reported in the
    >> press | release. `----
    >>
    >> http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/10/...s-open-source/

    > Same in Amsterdam, they are defiantly moving to SUSE (bad choice but at
    > least "Linux").
    >
    > I've been digging for an English press release all week, unfortunately
    > without success.
    >
    > http://webwereld.nl/articles/53233/a...-werkplek.html

    [^ indicates up]
    You stupid fsck!
    http://tinyurl.com/6724fr
    --
    /C/ircumscriptly
    /H/ard-bitten.

  5. Re: [News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software

    Roy Schestowitz schreef:

    > ____/ ml2mst on Tuesday 28 October 2008 07:56 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz schreef:

    >>> Open Source Government: Naples goes Open Source
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>

    > http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/10/...s-open-source/
    >> Same in Amsterdam, they are defiantly moving to SUSE (bad choice but at
    >> least "Linux").
    >>
    >> I've been digging for an English press release all week, unfortunately
    >> without success.
    >>
    >> http://webwereld.nl/articles/53233/a...-werkplek.html

    > They can swap distributions easily when they realise that it's a software
    > patents con. At least they're off Windows.

    Exactly my thoughts, which I described in my single respond to the
    article. I use the handle /iGNUtius/ on Webwereld.

    Unfortunately Clogwog´s "translation" takes it fully out of context.

    At least it's a start, dropping Microsoft.

    Some cities in the Netherlands did it already before and now that
    Amsterdam made this wise move, I expect many cities and other public
    services in NL to follow.

    Probably Theo Rinsema (CEO of Microsoft the Netherlands) will cry like a
    little baby again in the media, like he did before.

    Unfortunately for Rinsema, his whining will probably be ignored by the
    vast majority. The Vole has screwed up. More and more companies, public
    services and end users are becoming aware of the fact that the Vole's
    products are riddled with spyware and other flaws, out of the box.

    The Vole NL invited Free Software Activists - in public - for "Foot on
    the table (Voeten op tafel) sessions. Meaning a brainwash and probably
    free drinks and food to shut Free Software Activist's mouth.

    I even received a /personal/ invitation from a Microsoft employee,
    describing himself as a Microsoft something *Evangelist* something. So
    at least he was earnest :-p

    I declined and AFAIK all Free Software Activists did.

    They may shove their free drinks and food up their [.. wherever they
    prefer ..]

    The Microsoft Imperial is dying because they've lost their credibility.
    If they don't remove their vicious spyware, they will be doomed to death.

    [sigsnip]

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  6. Re: [News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software

  7. Re: [News] Naples Dumps Microsoft, Embraces Free Software

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:24:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ ml2mst on Wednesday 29 October 2008 12:52 : \____
    >
    >> Probably Theo Rinsema (CEO of Microsoft the Netherlands) will cry like a
    >> little baby again in the media, like he did before.

    > I think they resort to intimidation (lawsuits and all). In that still on?
    >
    > ...as if it's their God-given right to sustain cash flow...
    >

    >> I even received a personal invitation from a Microsoft employee,
    >> describing himself as a Microsoft something Evangelist something. So
    >> at least he was earnest :-p

    > Can you please leak it? Anonymised even..?
    >

    > - --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | Viruses to Linux are like cancer to a shark
    > http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > 16:20:01 up 14 days, 38 min, 1 user, load average: 0.81, 0.75, 0.79

    Why not just get Twitter and his army of 100 different Slashdot nyms to
    leak it?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: