Java and Linux on the Android - Almost the Perfect Match?

,----[ Quote ]
| I will be talking more about Android applications, since they ARE written in
| Java, in my future posts. Besides, since they DO run on a Linux kernel, we
| just might end up talking about small Linux apps that can run on the phone as
| well. What do you think?
`----

http://steamingopencup.blogspot.com/...id-almost.html

Android users favoring apps over games

,----[ Quote ]
| Owners of the Android-powered G1 handset seem more anxious to get things done
| with it than to play games, according to download statistics from the
| long-awaited phone's first few days on sale.
`----

Under the Hood: Android dreams, GooglePhone delivers

,----[ Quote ]
| People are talking about smartphones again: This time it's the T-Mobile G1, a
| distinctly un-Apple, un-iPhone-like slider. But, is the new "GooglePhone" a
| true revolution, or creative re-use?
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/s...leID=211600733

Recent:

Is Android Google's Ticket into the Enterprise?

,----[ Quote ]
| Google Inc.'s Android project could be the start of a much larger enterprise
| strategy, according to one industry analyst. But before the search engine
| giant can threaten Microsoft's enterprise supremacy, most observers of
| wireless industry efforts agree that the company's open source OS platform
| will need to regain support from its development community.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15130...nterprise.html

Google Exec: Android To Beat iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| Rich Miner even went after Apple's handheld darling. "Once you have devices
| out there from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, and so on, there's a much larger
| potential market on Android than for the iPhone," he said. "[T]here's a
| single manufacturer, it's targeted at a particular demographic, and it falls
| far short of the 1 billion mobile phones sold every year worldwide."
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...to-beat-iphone

iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner...open-sour.html