[News] CodeWeavers CrossOver Goes Free! - Linux

  1. [News] CodeWeavers CrossOver Goes Free!

    CodeWeavers' Software Free for Download Thanks to George W. Bush and Falling
    Gas Prices

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The catastrophic cratering of the global economy, falling gas prices and
    | President George W. Bush's recent executive activities have indirectly
    | prompted Saint Paul gadfly software developers CodeWeavers, Inc., to provide
    | free software for every American on Oct. 28, company officials reluctantly
    | announced today.
    `----

    http://www.codeweavers.com/about/gen...ress/20081027/

    Related:

    Codeweavers, Google Brew Some Fine Wine For Desktop Linux Users

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Recently, Google announced that it has been providing Codeweavers with both
    | developer resources and financial backing to make Wine work even better with
    | some key Windows applications, the most important of which are Adobe
    | Photoshop and Dragon Clearly Speaking. Adobe's Photoshop CS product line
    | already works remarkably well on Linux, and Google's support is likely to
    | give Codeweavers the ability to make Photoshop support a non-issue for
    | companies considering a move from Windows to desktop Linux. * * *
    `----

    http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/arc...avers_goo.html

    CodeWeavers to release CrossOver Games

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | WoW! it looks as if the folks at TransGaming are in for a little competition
    | for Linux and Mac gamers. And the best thing is if your a current CrossOVer
    | customer you get a free copy of CrossOver Games!
    |
    | Jeremy also talks about the upcoming release of CrossOver 7 and what changes
    | are in store for it's release.
    `----

    http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008...ver-games.html

    Codeweavers Gives Linux Project a Boost

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | CodeWeavers Inc., the leading manufacturer of Windows to Linux software
    | compatibility products, announced today its support for Lindependence ’08,
    | which involves migrating the entire town of Felton, CA to the Linux operating
    | system. * *
    `----

    http://wearenixed.blogspot.com/2008/...ect-boost.html

  2. Re: [News] CodeWeavers CrossOver Goes Free!

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > CodeWeavers' Software Free for Download Thanks to George W. Bush and Falling
    > Gas Prices
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The catastrophic cratering of the global economy, falling gas prices and
    >| President George W. Bush's recent executive activities have indirectly
    >| prompted Saint Paul gadfly software developers CodeWeavers, Inc., to provide
    >| free software for every American on Oct. 28, company officials reluctantly
    >| announced today.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.codeweavers.com/about/gen...ress/20081027/

    Intriguing.

    --
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look
    like a nail.

  3. Re: [News] CodeWeavers CrossOver Goes Free!

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:15:24 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > CodeWeavers' Software Free for Download Thanks to George W. Bush and Falling
    > Gas Prices
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The catastrophic cratering of the global economy, falling gas prices and
    >| President George W. Bush's recent executive activities have indirectly
    >| prompted Saint Paul gadfly software developers CodeWeavers, Inc., to provide
    >| free software for every American on Oct. 28, company officials reluctantly
    >| announced today.
    > `----
    > http://www.codeweavers.com/about/gen...ress/20081027/

    The site is having problems due to demand.
    You can sign up for the serial number which will be emailed to you in a
    couple of days.

    I gotta give Codeweavers credit, this is a brilliant campaign.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread