3 Classic First-Person Shooter Games for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A true classic and one of the most played online first-person shooter games,
| Wolfenstein: ET was supposed to be released as a new mod for Return to Castle
| Wolfenstein, but the single-player part of the game was abandoned and it was
| released at no cost, as a standalone multiplayer game.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/10...ter-games.html

Alien Arena 2008(latest release date October 17th, 2008)

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you like fast paced deathmatch? How about rich, colorful, arcadelike
| atmospheres? How about...retro Sci Fi? Then you're going to love what Alien
| Arena 2008 has in store for you! This game combines some of the very best
| aspects of such games as Quake III and Unreal Tournament and wraps them up
| with a retro alien theme, while adding tons of original ideas to make the
| game quite unique.
`----

http://icculus.org/alienarena/rpa/

First-Person Shooter Games for Linux II: Nexuiz and OpenArena

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday I reviewed three classic first-person shooter games for Linux,
| Wolfenstein: ET, UT2004 and ioQuake3. Today I will continue with two other
| first-person shooter (FPS) games, natively available for Linux: Nexuiz and
| OpenArena. They both are currently maintained and the wonderful thing about
| them is that they all are completely open-source, free and usually available
| in all the major distributions.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/10...-linux-ii.html

Recent:

Alien Arena 2008 v7.20 media release

,----[ Quote ]
| COR Entertainment has released eight new screenshots and a tech demo video
| showing the new renderer for Alien Arena 2008 version 7.20, due for release
| in October, 2008. For more information about the game please visit the alien
| arena homepage.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...p?storyid=2482

Related:

Linux Got Game: Alien Arena 2007 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I find the game very addictive, although I’m a "below average" gamer. I
| always get smoked in single player game even in easy mode. Maybe they gave
| those bots too much AI (hehe). Anyway, I also tried multiplaying over the
| network and I got eaten alive. *
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/02/...07-review.html

Top Ubuntu Linux Games

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’ve switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
| may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
| they’ve been favorites of mine for some time now. *
`----

http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/200...nux-games.html

Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| WINE supports most of the applications which are made for Windows
| 2.0 up to Windows XP. WINE has the ability to run different versions
| of IE, run most of Adobe's products, run World of Warcraft, Half Life
| 2, Microsoft Office 2003, XP, 2000 and 97, Visio, Quicken,
|
| * * * Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
| * * * Need for Speed Carbon
| * *
| [...]
|
| What about drivers, hardware support, and upgrades?
|
| Want to upgrade you XP to Vista? no chance. might as well do a fresh
| install and shell out $300.
`----

http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/0...ps-than-vista/

StreamMyGame launches Linux player ; Play PC games on your PS3

,----[ Quote ]
| StreamMyGame.com announced today the release of its free Linux Player, an
| application that enables you to play any PC game via a PlayStation 3 running
| Linux. *
`----

http://www.kdcstaffs.com/it/main_vie...part=Real-Time

The State of the Linux Gaming Industry

,----[ Quote ]
| When I read reports on the Linux gaming industry, I can't help but wonder
| where the Linux gamers are at? Can we find them on the Nintendo Wii or
| perhaps the Playstation 3 (PS3)? After all, I have heard that PS3 actually
| works rather well with Yellow Dog Linux. * *
`----

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=8047

Free Games for Linux

..----[ Quote ]