Re: Easily change Linux flavor on your EeePC Netbook - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Easily change Linux flavor on your EeePC Netbook - Linux ; On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:37:20 -0500, Terry Porter wrote: > As everyone knows, Linux made the Netbook market possible, resulting in > lightweight, fast and very inexpensive mobile computers. > > As everyone also knows, Linux is all about ...

  1. Re: Easily change Linux flavor on your EeePC Netbook

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:37:20 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > As everyone knows, Linux made the Netbook market possible, resulting in
    > lightweight, fast and very inexpensive mobile computers.
    >
    > As everyone also knows, Linux is all about CHOICE!

    Indeed, yet many of the wintrolls seem to think the only viable choice is
    to eliminate the options. Go figger.

  2. Re: Easily change Linux flavor on your EeePC Netbook

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:25:13 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:37:20 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> As everyone knows, Linux made the Netbook market possible, resulting in
    >> lightweight, fast and very inexpensive mobile computers.
    >>
    >> As everyone also knows, Linux is all about CHOICE!

    > Indeed, yet many of the wintrolls seem to think the only viable choice
    > is to eliminate the options. Go figger.

    I think it's the 'long term prisoner mentality'.

    If you have been wearing leg irons every day for 10 years, you're bound
    to feel uncomfortable (for a while) after they are taken off ?

    Windows uses have, in my opinion, so little real choice that to a Linux
    user like me, it's hard to distinguish from NO choice.

  3. Re: Easily change Linux flavor on your EeePC Netbook

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:22:01 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:25:13 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:37:20 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >>
    >>> As everyone knows, Linux made the Netbook market possible, resulting in
    >>> lightweight, fast and very inexpensive mobile computers.
    >>>
    >>> As everyone also knows, Linux is all about CHOICE!

    >> Indeed, yet many of the wintrolls seem to think the only viable choice
    >> is to eliminate the options. Go figger.

    > I think it's the 'long term prisoner mentality'.
    >
    > If you have been wearing leg irons every day for 10 years, you're bound
    > to feel uncomfortable (for a while) after they are taken off ?
    >
    > Windows uses have, in my opinion, so little real choice that to a Linux
    > user like me, it's hard to distinguish from NO choice.

    Wgat are you babbling about?

    You do realize that the top tier Linux applications are also available for
    the Windows platform as well?

    Open Office.
    Gimp
    Apache
    Audacity
    etc....

    We have far more choice than you Linux users have.

    We can at least choose between Photoshop or Gimp.
    You can't, unless it's an antique version under wine which runs like crap.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread