The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is IntellectuallyDishonest] - Linux

This is a discussion on The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is IntellectuallyDishonest] - Linux ; On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:01:01 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote: > On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 00:44:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: ,snip> >>The intellectual property that is trying Gutierrez's patience is not >>any line of copyrighted code, nor any trademark ...

  1. The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is IntellectuallyDishonest]

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:01:01 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 00:44:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    ,snip>
    >>The intellectual property that is trying Gutierrez's patience is not
    >>any line of copyrighted code, nor any trademark or trade secret. It's
    >>a bunch of patents that Microsoft claims it owns. In the bizarro-world
    >>that is US patent law, companies can get government-granted monopolies
    >>on procedures that are taught to programmers at high school as if they
    >>were some sort of valuable asset.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/colu...ber081022.asp?

    S=Software&A=SFT&O=google

    > This is the definition of intellectual dishonesty. Watch:

    No thanks.

    Why not ?

    Does anyone really think that an anti Linux Wintroll like Erik, posts
    here in order to seek out and destroy "dishonesty" on COLA was a public
    service ?

    Erik Funkenbush, Pfc, CDP (COLA Dishonesty Police)

    Erik, you're nothing more than an ingenuous Wintroll, posting here for
    the last decade, against the COLA charter.

  2. Re: The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is Intellectually Dishonest]

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:00:07 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:01:01 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 00:44:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ,snip>
    >>>The intellectual property that is trying Gutierrez's patience is not
    >>>any line of copyrighted code, nor any trademark or trade secret. It's
    >>>a bunch of patents that Microsoft claims it owns. In the bizarro-world
    >>>that is US patent law, companies can get government-granted monopolies
    >>>on procedures that are taught to programmers at high school as if they
    >>>were some sort of valuable asset.
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/colu...ber081022.asp?

    > S=Software&A=SFT&O=google
    >>
    >> This is the definition of intellectual dishonesty. Watch:

    > No thanks.
    >
    > Why not ?
    >
    > Does anyone really think that an anti Linux Wintroll like Erik, posts
    > here in order to seek out and destroy "dishonesty" on COLA was a public
    > service ?
    >
    > Erik Funkenbush, Pfc, CDP (COLA Dishonesty Police)
    >
    > Erik, you're nothing more than an ingenuous Wintroll, posting here for
    > the last decade, against the COLA charter.

    Lack of debating skills noted.
    If you disagree with what Erik said, then show us why.

    If you want to see topics against the charter take a look at Schestowitz's
    posts.
    The Xbox, iPhone,Google this and Google that, Microsoft hate, Patents etc.

    None of which have anything to do with the description of the group which
    is "the comparison of Linux to other operating systems", or similar.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is Intellectually Dishonest]

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:00:07 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > Erik, you're nothing more than an ingenuous Wintroll, posting here for
    > the last decade, against the COLA charter.

    Before you start harping about COLA charters, why don't you criticize Roy,
    who has posted more off-charter messages to COLA than everyone else
    combined in the entire history of COLA.

    But you don't do that, because you're the kind of person who criticizes
    others for what he himself does. In other words, a Hypocrite.

  4. Re: The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is Intellectually Dishonest]

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:00:07 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> Erik, you're nothing more than an ingenuous Wintroll, posting here for
    >> the last decade, against the COLA charter.

    > Before you start harping about COLA charters, why don't you criticize Roy,
    > who has posted more off-charter messages to COLA than everyone else
    > combined in the entire history of COLA.

    Pfffft. Jeezuz, Erik, not when I'm sipping a beer!

    > But you don't do that, because you're the kind of person who criticizes
    > others for what he himself does. In other words, a Hypocrite.

    Ahhh, good to see Erik has stooped to the specious hypocrite claim.

    Capitalized, at that!

    And, of course, Erik screwed up the logic. "You harp about my
    off-charter posts; why don't you harp about Roy's? But you're
    criticizing me for what you do." (Here, Erik subtly redirects Roy's
    actions onto Terry. That way he can then, illogically, say...) "You're
    a Hypocrite."

    --
    I do not know myself and God forbid that I should.
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  5. Re: The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is Intellectually Dishonest]

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:06:41 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:00:07 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Erik, you're nothing more than an ingenuous Wintroll, posting here for
    >>> the last decade, against the COLA charter.

    >> Before you start harping about COLA charters, why don't you criticize Roy,
    >> who has posted more off-charter messages to COLA than everyone else
    >> combined in the entire history of COLA.

    > Pfffft. Jeezuz, Erik, not when I'm sipping a beer!

    So am I.
    And Erik is correct BTW.

    >> But you don't do that, because you're the kind of person who criticizes
    >> others for what he himself does. In other words, a Hypocrite.

    > Ahhh, good to see Erik has stooped to the specious hypocrite claim.
    >
    > Capitalized, at that!
    >
    > And, of course, Erik screwed up the logic. "You harp about my
    > off-charter posts; why don't you harp about Roy's? But you're
    > criticizing me for what you do." (Here, Erik subtly redirects Roy's
    > actions onto Terry. That way he can then, illogically, say...) "You're
    > a Hypocrite."

    You're reading way too much into it.
    Roy posts far more off topic messages than anyone in COLA, and in fact with
    the exception, maybe, of some of the floods the group has had over the
    years, nobody is even close.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: The Ingenuous Funkenbusch was: [Roy Schestowitz is Intellectually Dishonest]

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:00:07 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> Erik, you're nothing more than an ingenuous Wintroll, posting here for
    >> the last decade, against the COLA charter.

    >Before you start harping about COLA charters, why don't you criticize Roy,
    >who has posted more off-charter messages to COLA than everyone else
    >combined in the entire history of COLA.
    >
    >But you don't do that, because you're the kind of person who criticizes
    >others for what he himself does. In other words, a Hypocrite.

    Wrong, idiot. There's a difference between being occasionally OT and
    being always OT.

+ Reply to Thread