Netbooks, good for you, good for Linux, BAD for Microsoft! - Linux

This is a discussion on Netbooks, good for you, good for Linux, BAD for Microsoft! - Linux ; Sure, more people might be PCs lately, but they're other, less profitable versions, like XP. Microsoft makes about $US70 per Vista PC, but less than half of that on a netbook Windows licence, which now makes up more of the ...

  1. Netbooks, good for you, good for Linux, BAD for Microsoft!

    Sure, more people might be PCs lately, but they're other, less profitable
    versions, like XP.

    Microsoft makes about $US70 per Vista PC, but less than half of that on a
    netbook Windows licence, which now makes up more of the Windows mix than
    ever.

    So the Windows division actually saw a 4 percent drop in operating income
    for the quarter.

    In fact a large Australian retailer complained recently that although it
    was selling more notebooks than ever (presumably Netbooks), the profits
    for their notebook sales were well down on last year.

    More sales, less profit means more for you the consumer.

    Windows ... less for more ... today!

  2. Re: Netbooks, good for you, good for Linux, BAD for Microsoft!

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:11:10 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > Sure, more people might be PCs lately, but they're other, less profitable
    > versions, like XP.
    >
    > Microsoft makes about $US70 per Vista PC, but less than half of that on a
    > netbook Windows licence, which now makes up more of the Windows mix than
    > ever.
    >
    > So the Windows division actually saw a 4 percent drop in operating income
    > for the quarter.
    >
    > In fact a large Australian retailer complained recently that although it
    > was selling more notebooks than ever (presumably Netbooks), the profits
    > for their notebook sales were well down on last year.
    >
    > More sales, less profit means more for you the consumer.
    >

    > Windows ... less for more ... today!

    I see you're an *expert* in economics as well.

    Yikes.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: