[News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Leads to Decline in Windows Revenue - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Leads to Decline in Windows Revenue

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Leads to Decline in Windows Revenue

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Linux Netbooks Impact Microsoft Sales
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Now, for the twist: It?s no secret that multiple Linux distributions ?
    > | particularly Canonical?s Ubuntu and Novell?s SUSE Linux, among others ?
    > | have gained major momentum on Netbooks. In response, Microsoft has had
    > | to cut its Windows OEM prices to make sure Windows is a major force in
    > | the Netbook market.
    > |
    > | The VAR Guy predicted in July that Netbooks running Linux would
    > | proliferate the market. It?s already happening.
    > |
    > | How much does Microsoft charge Netbook makers for Windows? Alas, The VAR
    > | Guy must concede that he doesn?t know for sure. But clearly, given
    > | Microsoft?s latest financial statements, the move to new hardware form
    > | factors coupled with open source is causing the software giant some
    > | pain.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/10/24/...crosoft-sales/

    The companies that made a fortune on the back of Linux netbooks are rushing
    out their new models. They were on Click in the BBC today.

    Its a pity that with at least 4% of UK and more using Linux, the beeb has
    still not released the open source versions of iPlayer, preferring instead
    proprietory codecs.

    Still more fortunes to be made selling and converting everything to Linux.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Leads to Decline in Windows Revenue

    ____/ 7 on Sunday 26 October 2008 17:20 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] GNU/Linux Leads to Decline in Windows Revenue

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:58:39 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Its a pity that with at least 4% of UK and more using Linux, the beeb has
    >> still not released the open source versions of iPlayer, preferring instead
    >> proprietory codecs.

    > MSBBC needs to make GNU/Linux users feel uncomfortable for the former boss of
    > Erik Huggers.

    The BBC studied the profiles of users to their various sites and they came
    up with Linux being 0.8 percent, which I say is high due to you Linux loons
    stuffing the ballot box.
    But still, it pretty much agrees with other data collecting sites.

    Why should they spend $$$ on such a small group of radicals?

    > Remember DR-DOS? "Plant the sound of FUD in their ears"? "The user needs to
    > feel uncomfortable"? Yes, Microsoft generated fake error messages, by design.

    Pretty much true from what I recall.

    > The MSBBC will discriminate against the rivals of its #1 partner and boss.

    Baloney.
    For what reason?
    They are the ones losing traffic.

    Your tinfoil suit needs adjustment Roy.

    >> Still more fortunes to be made selling and converting everything to Linux.

    Yea....
    Ask Loki.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb