Open Source CRM: More Control, Less Cost

,----[ Quote ]
| IT leaders who can get past the idea that Open-source CRM software is cheap
| say they like the power and flexibility of owning their code.
`----

http://www.cio.in/esntech/viewArticle/ARTICLEID=5669224

Top 10 Open Source CMS Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| These days, much of the world of open source has turned squarely toward using
| open source content management systems (CMS) to better manage the needs of
| today's enterprise and small business. In this article, I will be examining
| some of the most compelling CMS-based solutions that do not involve Drupal or
| WordPress.
`----

http://www.intranetjournal.com/artic...10_23_08a.html

Recent:

Wordpress 2.6 downloaded 345,000 times in ten days

,----[ Quote ]
| # There have been over 300 themes submitted to the brand new Theme directory,
| Â* released around the same time as 2.6.
| # In the same period (10 days) there were 579,871 downloads of 2,527 plugins
| Â* from the official plugin directory.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...ctations-early

BitNami Adds Modules

,----[ Quote ]
| Previously, each piece of software you installed with BitNami was entirely
| self-contained. For example, if you used their packaging to put both
| WordPress and Drupal on the same server, you'd end up with two copies of
| Apache, two of MySQL, and so on. While this made for easy configuration and
| trouble-free installs, it also had the potential to waste a lot of disk space
| and system resources.
|
| [...]
|
| The new approach makes using BitNami to set up a corporate server with a
| variety of open source software easier than ever.
`----

http://ostatic.com/166819-blog/bitnami-adds-modules

Dries Buytaert, 29

,----[ Quote ]
| Created as an open-source project by Dries Buytaert, Drupal is a free content
| management framework--a tool for building customized websites quickly and
| easily, without sacrificing features or stability. Site owners can choose
| from a list of possible features: they might, say, want to publish Â*articles,
| offer each user a profile and a blog, or allow users to vote or comment on
| content. All these features are optional, and most are independent of the
| others.
`----

http://www.technologyreview.com/TR35....aspx?TRID=688

Acquia Expands Technical Team

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquia, a new software company offering commercial support for the Drupal
| social publishing system, today announced the addition of five new
| individuals to its technical team. With these new additions, Acquia, which
| was launched at Drupalcon in March, marks a 50-percent growth in company
| personnel.
`----

Acquia to Ship Commercially Supported Drupal Build

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquia, Drupal founder Dries Buytaert’s new company, took to the stage last
| Thursday at the Launch Pad session at the web 2.0 Expo in SF. Although they
| didn’t win the people’s choice for best startup (this honor went to Triggit),
| their soon to be released Carbon and Spokes programs are still plenty
| enticing.
|
| [...]
|
| It can be thought of as the equivalent of Red Hat distributions of Open
| Source Linux in that it’s essentially a commercial supported distribution of
| Open Source software. The benefit of such a system is that it offers users
| all the glories of open source software and community support along with
| business-quality support and response time guarantees.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/a...ild-002587.php

Free software is better for web pages

,----[ Quote ]