Support grows for Intel's mobile Linux despite slip

,----[ Quote ]
| Delays to the latest version of Intel's project putting an open-source stack
| on its Atom processors have not deterred IT companies from early backing for
| the platform.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...etbook_moblin/

Recent:

Intel CEO: Linux to dominate MIDs

,----[ Quote ]
| However, the Linux netbook genre received a boost this week when Dell started
| running its first major advertisements about a Linux-based system. According
| to a story from The VAR Guy, Dell started running multi-page newspaper ads
| specifically hawking its first Linux netbook, the Dell Inspiron Mini 9
| (pictured).
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9...17.html?kc=rss

Related:

How will Linux win the OS wars? From the bottom up!

,----[ Quote ]
| So therefore, best way to win the war of the operating systems is not to go
| after the high end market.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=352

Low-cost laptops make PC makers mull margins

,----[ Quote ]
| “Computers have been an exception. If you look at consumer electronics, a DVD
| player was about $800 10 years ago – now they sell for $20,” she says. “The
| [computer] industry has been able to keep the price flat by focusing on
| gazillion-gigahertz machines running really bloated software and that’s
| worked for years since the IBM PC revolution.”
|
| [...]
|
| OLPC found a strong uptake for a “give one, get one” campaign it launched in
| North America in November. It discovered consumers were willing to pay $400
| for an XO – the price meant another XO would be given free to a
| developing-world child. It is now launching OLPC America to extend the cheap
| laptop concept for children in the US.
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/cfba14f4-c...0779fd2ac.html

Linux Has Won, Windows is Gone