[News] Lots of Games Ported to GNU/Linux - Linux

  1. [News] Lots of Games Ported to GNU/Linux

    OSS Gaming: Ready for the Big Leagues?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Tux is no mere drone -- he likes having fun every now and then. When it comes
    | to gaming, open source tools and applications have a lot to offer developers,
    | but that's not where it stops. Open source games themselves can be had for
    | little or no cost, and a lot of them offer just as much baddy-blasting
    | entertainment as proprietary titles.
    `----

    http://www.technewsworld.com/story/64919.html

    Icculus Ports Prey Game Client To Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Linux client for Unreal Tournament 3 has yet to be released, and almost
    | one year later we still have no idea when this game will arrive for Linux.
    | Ryan Gordon (a.k.a. Icculus) that ported the UT3 server to Linux and is
    | working on the client does have some news today but it's not about this game.
    | Ryan Gordon has just released the Prey client for Linux.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjgwNQ

    Updates On Sacred, X3, Shadowgrounds

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Sacred: Gold had entered its beta on Linux back in June. Since then we
    | haven't brought it up but the game is still going through its beta process at
    | LGP. Just today in fact was the release of Sacred Beta 5. This fifth beta is
    | being offered to LGP's closed testing community nearly three months after the
    | earlier beta, but it does address most of the game's known issues.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjgwNg

    Interactive novel for PC, Mac and Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Heileen, developed by Tycoon Games, is a historical-fiction visual novel game
    | with multiple endings.
    `----

    http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story...and-Linux.html

    Related:

    Linux to game developers: No More Excuses

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dell just showed us that the old "lack of market demand" excuse for
    | Linux is falling flat. 200,000 users flooded Dell with requests
    | for Linux pre-installed on their machines. That's just one
    | manufacturer! Never mind the hundreds of thousands of Linux users,
    | such as I, who gave up on Dell years ago.
    |
    | Previous to the Dell fiasco, I might have had my doubts about the
    | commercial interests of Linux. But the last straw man has been
    | beaten; from here on out, if you run a technology company and
    | refuse to support Linux, it's because history's biggest and most
    | oppressive monopoly is paying you not to.
    `----

    http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index....&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
    http://tinyurl.com/yp2se2

    Playing Classic Games Under Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Now if you still want to relive your old days and play these classics
    | whether they belong to NES, SNES, or plain old DOS games Ubuntu
    | provides a way of playing these classic on your Linux box.
    `----

    http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2...er-ubuntu.html

    Linux Gaming Made Easy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Going Native. *With the possible exceptions of Battlefield 2 and
    | perhaps World of Warcraft, I simply can't see the advantage in
    | supporting games that choose not to support us. To me, the short
    | answer to this is to support those gaming companies that have worked
    | very hard to make sure that Linux admirers are not being left out in
    | the dark. *
    `----

    http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7579

  2. Re: [News] Lots of Games Ported to GNU/Linux

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 00:48:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > OSS Gaming: Ready for the Big Leagues?

    OMG!
    He's gone off the rails again.....

    BTW I tried that Linux racing game, TORCS, you were fudding the other day.
    What a POS.
    It's like going back into the 80's arcades again only it's not even
    remotely fun like Pacman or Tetris are.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: