Re: stop the attacks on Sarah Palin - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: stop the attacks on Sarah Palin - Linux ; owl added these comments in the current discussion du jour ... >> Now, to your question: how about notables such as the Dems >> have promoted in every post-war election? Those were good men >> and women, effective leaders, experienced ...

  1. Re: stop the attacks on Sarah Palin

    owl added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

    >> Now, to your question: how about notables such as the Dems
    >> have promoted in every post-war election? Those were good men
    >> and women, effective leaders, experienced in peace and war?
    >> Puleeze! Let's see, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmie
    >> Carter, Bill Clinton? Not exactly shining beacons of light
    >> any more than Nixon and Ford.

    > McCain never commanded anything. He nearly flunked out of
    > school then went on to crash five planes and surrender to the
    > enemy.

    Wrong. McCain was a LtCmd and a squadron leader in the US Navy
    when he was shot down over Hanoi in 1967 and was later a full
    Commander when he became CO of a naval aircraft squadron
    stationed in, I think, Florida after he was released from the
    Hanoi Hilton and regained flight status about a year later.

    As a Cmd and Capt, he later was the Navy's laison to the US
    Senate, surely a command billet and McCain is also a graduate of
    the Naval Command and War College.

    McCain was nearly killed when a bomb on another aircraft exploded
    on the flight deck of his CVN as he was getting ready to launch.
    Whether he did or didn't crash any plains is hardly germaine to
    his qualifications but that stat is hardly unique.

    How the **** do you claim he surrendered to the enemy, twit?! He
    was nailed by a SAM over Hanoi, punched out and broke both arms
    and one leg as he hit the water and during his capture by the
    Vietnamese. This is hardly surrender in my book. Moreover, McCain
    did the honorable thing and refused to be released early when the
    NVA learned he was the son of a 4-star admiral and they tried to
    use him for propaganda. He suffer more than 2 years of daily
    beatings and rope torture because he wouldn't give in.

    And that, asshole is a bona fide American hero and not a coward
    as you suggest - wrongly. Your accusation is false on its face
    and extremely disrespectful for a man who endured so much and
    gave over 20 years of his life to defending this great country.

    > Palin needed $150,000 worth of new clothes because she's such
    > a typical American hockey mom that, even though she's been a
    > Governor for a couple years, she just didn't have anything to
    > wear.

    > What the hell kind of names are "Trig" and "Track"?

    Imbecile, don't you know anything about Sarah Palin at all except
    your unbridled sour grapes? Trig is the name of one of her sons,
    the last one born with Down's Syndrome which she and Todd
    courageously decided to stick with their pro-life convictions and
    not get an abortion. Look this up if you dare to learn the truth,
    oh truculent poltroon.

    Now, her clothes. The RNC bought them for her with ordinary
    campaign contributions. She has stated publicly that she intends
    to donate them to charity after the election.

    Now, let's talk about Hussein Obama's VERY expensive designer
    custom made suits he buys in New York and wears because he thinks
    it makes him look presidential. And, his equally Marxist wife
    Michelle also shops exclusively for designer clothes, yet it
    seems that nobody cares about that.

    You are nothing more than an angry - and scared - ****head who
    wants to use extreme smears against a good woman, good mother,
    and the most popular governor of any state with over an 83%
    approval rating.

    I think that a retraction is called for along with a heartfelt
    and sincere apologies to John McCain and Sarah Palin for the
    outrageous and patently false charges you levelled against them.

    Look up "poltroon", you are a stereotypical example of one.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    "Efficiency is doing things right, effectiveness is doing the
    right things" - Peter Drucker

  2. Re: stop the attacks on Sarah Palin

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:46:51 -0500, "HEMI-Powered"
    wrote:

    >owl added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >
    >>> Now, to your question: how about notables such as the Dems
    >>> have promoted in every post-war election? Those were good men
    >>> and women, effective leaders, experienced in peace and war?
    >>> Puleeze! Let's see, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmie
    >>> Carter, Bill Clinton? Not exactly shining beacons of light
    >>> any more than Nixon and Ford.

    >> McCain never commanded anything. He nearly flunked out of
    >> school then went on to crash five planes and surrender to the
    >> enemy.

    >Wrong. McCain was a LtCmd and a squadron leader in the US Navy
    >when he was shot down over Hanoi in 1967 and was later a full
    >Commander when he became CO of a naval aircraft squadron
    >stationed in, I think, Florida after he was released from the
    >Hanoi Hilton and regained flight status about a year later.
    >
    >As a Cmd and Capt, he later was the Navy's laison to the US
    >Senate, surely a command billet and McCain is also a graduate of
    >the Naval Command and War College.
    >
    >McCain was nearly killed when a bomb on another aircraft exploded
    >on the flight deck of his CVN as he was getting ready to launch.
    >Whether he did or didn't crash any plains is hardly germaine to
    >his qualifications but that stat is hardly unique.
    >
    >How the **** do you claim he surrendered to the enemy, twit?! He
    >was nailed by a SAM over Hanoi, punched out and broke both arms
    >and one leg as he hit the water and during his capture by the
    >Vietnamese. This is hardly surrender in my book. Moreover, McCain
    >did the honorable thing and refused to be released early when the
    >NVA learned he was the son of a 4-star admiral and they tried to
    >use him for propaganda. He suffer more than 2 years of daily
    >beatings and rope torture because he wouldn't give in.
    >
    >And that, asshole is a bona fide American hero and not a coward
    >as you suggest - wrongly. Your accusation is false on its face
    >and extremely disrespectful for a man who endured so much and
    >gave over 20 years of his life to defending this great country.
    >
    >> Palin needed $150,000 worth of new clothes because she's such
    >> a typical American hockey mom that, even though she's been a
    >> Governor for a couple years, she just didn't have anything to
    >> wear.

    >> What the hell kind of names are "Trig" and "Track"?
    >>

    >Imbecile, don't you know anything about Sarah Palin at all except
    >your unbridled sour grapes? Trig is the name of one of her sons,
    >the last one born with Down's Syndrome which she and Todd
    >courageously decided to stick with their pro-life convictions and
    >not get an abortion. Look this up if you dare to learn the truth,
    >oh truculent poltroon.

    Uh...I haven't heard that they knew he had Down Syndrome before he was
    born. Not all incidences are picked up before birth.

    >Now, her clothes. The RNC bought them for her with ordinary
    >campaign contributions. She has stated publicly that she intends
    >to donate them to charity after the election.

    Which, as was shown last night in Olbermann McCain said shouldn't be
    done while discussing campaign before in 1991. But I guess that was
    then and this is now. Ya..sure...every hockey mom spends $18,000\week
    on clothes. I'm sure the per diem she stole for her kids from the
    Alaska tax payers couldn't cover new clothes.

    >Now, let's talk about Hussein Obama's VERY expensive designer
    >custom made suits he buys in New York and wears because he thinks
    >it makes him look presidential. And, his equally Marxist wife
    >Michelle also shops exclusively for designer clothes, yet it
    >seems that nobody cares about that.

    Which they bought themselves. So now they can't buy their own clothes?

    >You are nothing more than an angry - and scared - ****head who
    >wants to use extreme smears against a good woman, good mother,
    >and the most popular governor of any state with over an 83%
    >approval rating.

    A good woman and mother..who didn't teach her daughter to keep her
    legs closed? A good woman and mother who didn't teach her sexually
    active daughter to use birth control? A good woman and mother who
    didn't have a close enough relationship with her daughter to know she
    was sexually active? That good woman and mother? You've got to be
    kidding me.

    >I think that a retraction is called for along with a heartfelt
    >and sincere apologies to John McCain and Sarah Palin for the
    >outrageous and patently false charges you levelled against them.
    >
    >Look up "poltroon", you are a stereotypical example of one.

    And you're an idiot.

  3. Re: stop the attacks on Sarah Palin

    "HEMI-Powered" stated in post
    Xns9B41B48DED8CBReplyScoreID@216.168.3.30 on 10/24/08 2:46 PM:

    >> McCain never commanded anything. He nearly flunked out of
    >> school then went on to crash five planes and surrender to the
    >> enemy.

    > Wrong. McCain was a LtCmd and a squadron leader in the US Navy
    > when he was shot down over Hanoi in 1967 and was later a full
    > Commander when he became CO of a naval aircraft squadron
    > stationed in, I think, Florida after he was released from the
    > Hanoi Hilton and regained flight status about a year later.
    >
    > As a Cmd and Capt, he later was the Navy's laison to the US
    > Senate, surely a command billet and McCain is also a graduate of
    > the Naval Command and War College.
    >
    > McCain was nearly killed when a bomb on another aircraft exploded
    > on the flight deck of his CVN as he was getting ready to launch.
    > Whether he did or didn't crash any plains is hardly germaine to
    > his qualifications but that stat is hardly unique.
    >
    > How the **** do you claim he surrendered to the enemy, twit?! He
    > was nailed by a SAM over Hanoi, punched out and broke both arms
    > and one leg as he hit the water and during his capture by the
    > Vietnamese. This is hardly surrender in my book. Moreover, McCain
    > did the honorable thing and refused to be released early when the
    > NVA learned he was the son of a 4-star admiral and they tried to
    > use him for propaganda. He suffer more than 2 years of daily
    > beatings and rope torture because he wouldn't give in.
    >
    > And that, asshole is a bona fide American hero and not a coward
    > as you suggest - wrongly. Your accusation is false on its face
    > and extremely disrespectful for a man who endured so much and
    > gave over 20 years of his life to defending this great country.

    I have little respect for how McCain has run his presidential campaign and
    do not want to see him as the US president, but there is no doubt that the
    man was brave beyond what most people could dream of to opt to stay as a
    captive and not be released. He did, eventually, sign a "confession" - one
    that was *clearly* coerced and not an indication of any lack of character on
    his part. I surely cannot say I would not have made the same "confession"
    if I was subjected to what he was. I hope to never be in the position to
    find out.

    There are many reasons to not want to see McCain as president - but his
    service to the country when he was a prisoner of war is clearly beyond
    reproach... at least based on all the info I have seen. Even if I was shown
    info of him doing things that in normal circumstances would be seen as
    deplorable (which I have not - other than the confession) one must take his
    situation into account.

    I wonder how many conservatives are willing to take the situation of people
    in the US under consideration when they think in terms of welfare and the
    like. Hmmm, just an interesting thought.

    --
    .... something I'm committed to work on, focusing increasing amounts of
    resources of Canonical on figuring out on how we actually move the desktop