pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right! - Linux

This is a discussion on pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right! - Linux ; What a stinking pile of crap it is to set up printing on Linux!! Went to install a new (used) Samsung color laser printer. Plugged it into the USB port and turned the printer on - OS tells me it's ...

  1. pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    What a stinking pile of crap it is to set up printing on Linux!! Went to
    install a new (used) Samsung color laser printer. Plugged it into the USB
    port and turned the printer on - OS tells me it's installed - just like
    that. Time to add the networked HP laserjet - start the printing control
    from the system menu - click on the button to tell it I want to install a
    network printer - in a few seconds it comes up with a list and asks me
    which one - select and it's done.

    Everyone KNOWS that with a proper OS you have to track down the proper
    install CD for the proprietary drivers, install and then reboot. What a
    disappointment!

  2. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On 24 Oct 2008 15:56:32 GMT, ray wrote:
    >What a stinking pile of crap it is to set up printing on Linux!! Went to
    >install a new (used) Samsung color laser printer. Plugged it into the USB
    >port and turned the printer on - OS tells me it's installed - just like
    >that. Time to add the networked HP laserjet - start the printing control
    >from the system menu - click on the button to tell it I want to install a
    >network printer - in a few seconds it comes up with a list and asks me
    >which one - select and it's done.

    >Everyone KNOWS that with a proper OS you have to track down the proper
    >install CD for the proprietary drivers, install and then reboot. What a
    >disappointment!

    What really sucks is linux completely lacks the joy that comes with
    working with gigabyte printer drivers. Where does linux come off
    thinking that graphics apps aren't part of a printer driver?

  3. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    ray wrote:

    > What a stinking pile of crap it is to set up printing on Linux!! Went to
    > install a new (used) Samsung color laser printer. Plugged it into the USB
    > port and turned the printer on - OS tells me it's installed

    You lucky BASTARD!
    Mine didn't even tell me it was installed!!!
    I pressed print and it printed!!!
    WTF?

    Linux has denied me the chance to loaf around for half a day.

    The same thing happened to my Microchip PICKIT2 device.
    I plugged it in.
    It didn't tell me it was installed!!!
    I ran the software and it programmed!!
    WTF?

    Linux has denied me again the chance to loaf around for half a day.

    And what about the programming software?
    Well I unzipped and looked for an installer.
    There was none.
    The README file told me to run it direct and it just worked!!!!
    WTF?

    Linux has denied me again the chance to loaf around for half a day.

    I mean come on guys!!
    I don't have to install the softare.
    I don't have to install the hardware.
    Everything just works.
    These new stanrdards in Linux are denying me loads of opportunities to loaf
    around calling support lines and wasting everyone's time!!!
    This is just not on!!

    > - just like
    > that. Time to add the networked HP laserjet - start the printing control
    > from the system menu - click on the button to it I want to install a
    > network printer - in a few seconds it comes u eseHp with a list and asks

    me
    > which one - select and it's done.
    >
    > Everyone KNOWS that with a proper OS you have to track down the proper
    > install CD for the proprietary drivers, install and then reboot. What a
    > disappointment!

  4. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On 24 Oct 2008 15:56:32 GMT, ray wrote:
    >>What a stinking pile of crap it is to set up printing on Linux!! Went to
    >>install a new (used) Samsung color laser printer. Plugged it into the USB
    >>port and turned the printer on - OS tells me it's installed - just like
    >>that. Time to add the networked HP laserjet - start the printing control
    >>from the system menu - click on the button to tell it I want to install a
    >>network printer - in a few seconds it comes up with a list and asks me
    >>which one - select and it's done.

    >>Everyone KNOWS that with a proper OS you have to track down the proper
    >>install CD for the proprietary drivers, install and then reboot. What a
    >>disappointment!

    > What really sucks is linux completely lacks the joy that comes with
    > working with gigabyte printer drivers. Where does linux come off
    > thinking that graphics apps aren't part of a printer driver?

    I recently had the joy of tracking down XP drivers to use with ndiswrapper
    for a BCM4315 wireless card, because Broadcom doesn't offer Linux drivers
    for this one. Heck, they don't even offer Windows drivers, at least not on
    their site and in a manner where they can be found.
    I finally found 'em at Dell -- who offer the same hardware under the
    name "1395". The .exe driver package was a ridiculous 96MB in size, with
    the actual driver and firmware weighing in at 2MB -- still pretty steep for
    a driver, IMHO -- so I really wonder what the other 98% of data was
    supposed to do ...

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  5. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:20:28 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >AZ Nomad wrote:

    >> On 24 Oct 2008 15:56:32 GMT, ray wrote:
    >>>What a stinking pile of crap it is to set up printing on Linux!! Went to
    >>>install a new (used) Samsung color laser printer. Plugged it into the USB
    >>>port and turned the printer on - OS tells me it's installed - just like
    >>>that. Time to add the networked HP laserjet - start the printing control
    >>>from the system menu - click on the button to tell it I want to install a
    >>>network printer - in a few seconds it comes up with a list and asks me
    >>>which one - select and it's done.

    >>>Everyone KNOWS that with a proper OS you have to track down the proper
    >>>install CD for the proprietary drivers, install and then reboot. What a
    >>>disappointment!

    >> What really sucks is linux completely lacks the joy that comes with
    >> working with gigabyte printer drivers. Where does linux come off
    >> thinking that graphics apps aren't part of a printer driver?

    >I recently had the joy of tracking down XP drivers to use with ndiswrapper
    >for a BCM4315 wireless card, because Broadcom doesn't offer Linux drivers
    >for this one. Heck, they don't even offer Windows drivers, at least not on
    >their site and in a manner where they can be found.
    >I finally found 'em at Dell -- who offer the same hardware under the
    >name "1395". The .exe driver package was a ridiculous 96MB in size, with
    >the actual driver and firmware weighing in at 2MB -- still pretty steep for
    >a driver, IMHO -- so I really wonder what the other 98% of data was
    >supposed to do ...

    probably a bloated installer and patches to windows

  6. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:03:19 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:20:28 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >>AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>> What really sucks is linux completely lacks the joy that comes with
    >>> working with gigabyte printer drivers. Where does linux come off
    >>> thinking that graphics apps aren't part of a printer driver?

    >>I recently had the joy of tracking down XP drivers to use with ndiswrapper
    >>for a BCM4315 wireless card, because Broadcom doesn't offer Linux drivers
    >>for this one. Heck, they don't even offer Windows drivers, at least not on
    >>their site and in a manner where they can be found.
    >>I finally found 'em at Dell -- who offer the same hardware under the
    >>name "1395". The .exe driver package was a ridiculous 96MB in size, with
    >>the actual driver and firmware weighing in at 2MB -- still pretty steep for
    >>a driver, IMHO -- so I really wonder what the other 98% of data was
    >>supposed to do ...

    > probably a bloated installer and patches to windows

    But yet you had to go to a Windows driver to use the card under Linux.
    Now that really makes sense.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:03:19 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:20:28 +0200, Richard Rasker
    >> wrote:

    >>>I recently had the joy of tracking down XP drivers to use with
    >>>ndiswrapper for a BCM4315 wireless card, because Broadcom doesn't offer
    >>>Linux drivers for this one. Heck, they don't even offer Windows drivers,
    >>>at least not on their site and in a manner where they can be found.
    >>>I finally found 'em at Dell -- who offer the same hardware under the
    >>>name "1395". The .exe driver package was a ridiculous 96MB in size, with
    >>>the actual driver and firmware weighing in at 2MB -- still pretty steep
    >>>for a driver, IMHO -- so I really wonder what the other 98% of data was
    >>>supposed to do ...

    >> probably a bloated installer and patches to windows

    > But yet you had to go to a Windows driver to use the card under Linux.
    > Now that really makes sense.

    Well you are wrong.
    Years of asstroturfing for micoshaft corporation has left you a twat.

    It makes buying from pro-micoshaft companies a complete danger.

    So best to buy from Linux supportive companies like D-Link (Cisco)
    for your networking products. Usually, those products are cheaper,
    work faster and have fewer bugs.

  8. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:03:19 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:20:28 +0200, Richard Rasker
    >> wrote:

    >>>I recently had the joy of tracking down XP drivers to use with
    >>>ndiswrapper for a BCM4315 wireless card, because Broadcom doesn't offer
    >>>Linux drivers for this one. Heck, they don't even offer Windows drivers,
    >>>at least not on their site and in a manner where they can be found.
    >>>I finally found 'em at Dell -- who offer the same hardware under the
    >>>name "1395". The .exe driver package was a ridiculous 96MB in size, with
    >>>the actual driver and firmware weighing in at 2MB -- still pretty steep
    >>>for a driver, IMHO -- so I really wonder what the other 98% of data was
    >>>supposed to do ...

    >> probably a bloated installer and patches to windows

    > But yet you had to go to a Windows driver to use the card under Linux.
    > Now that really makes sense.

    Yup, it's a bugger, but that's how it is. Manufacturers create Windows
    drivers for the most useless and exotic pieces of gadgetry -- but for
    Linux, they often fail to provide drivers for even basic hardware. Heck,
    most of the time they even refuse to provide hardware specs, so that the
    Linux community has to resort to painstaking reverse-engineering to write
    drivers.

    Broadcom is a bit of a strange one in this respect, though -- they do
    provide Linux drivers allright for certain cards (see
    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php), but for other
    products you're completely on your own -- even when you're looking for
    Windows drivers.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  9. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:30:16 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:03:19 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>> probably a bloated installer and patches to windows

    >> But yet you had to go to a Windows driver to use the card under Linux.
    >> Now that really makes sense.

    > Well you are wrong.

    Actually I am correct.
    The OP agrees.

    > It makes buying from pro-micoshaft companies a complete danger.
    >
    > So best to buy from Linux supportive companies like D-Link (Cisco)
    > for your networking products. Usually, those products are cheaper,
    > work faster and have fewer bugs.

    Yawwn.
    The problem is finding them.

    Is this the year of Linux?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  10. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    7 wrote:

    > I mean come on guys!!
    > I don't have to install the softare.
    > I don't have to install the hardware.
    > Everything just works.
    > These new stanrdards in Linux are denying me loads of opportunities to
    > loaf around calling support lines and wasting everyone's time!!!
    > This is just not on!!

    No wonder the economy is in the crapper. With Linux you're not "consuming"
    enough technical support. And you're not buying any new equipment to get it
    working.

    What kind of "consumer" are you anyhow?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  11. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On 2008-10-24, RonB claimed:

    > No wonder the economy is in the crapper. With Linux you're not "consuming"
    > enough technical support. And you're not buying any new equipment to get it
    > working.
    >
    > What kind of "consumer" are you anyhow?

    If you want to do your part to save the economy, buy a really expensive
    computer and throw it away. From a hardware standpoint it would be
    exactly like running Vista.

    --
    When all else fails, you must be using Windows.

  12. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:47:51 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >>> It makes buying from pro-micoshaft companies a complete danger.
    >>>
    >>> So best to buy from Linux supportive companies like D-Link (Cisco)
    >>> for your networking products. Usually, those products are cheaper,
    >>> work faster and have fewer bugs.

    >> Yawwn.
    >> The problem is finding them.

    > They are called Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists (HCL) and you
    > can google for it.

    You snipped the part about my being correct concerning the OP having to use
    a Windows driver to get his wireless card working under Linux.

    I know all about HCL and I learned the hard way that most times it doesn't
    mean crap.
    Why?
    Because the term "supported" when used in the context of Linux has a
    completely different meaning than with Windows.

    My HP P1006 printer is *supported*.
    Now see what you have to go through to make it work.

    Start here:

    http://foo2xqx.rkkda.com/

    And before you tell me the driver is included with Ubuntu, I know that.
    Read the red box.
    It's included but it doesn't work correctly, hence the page.

    >> Is this the year of Linux?

    > You mean you missed it all?

    Yea, me and 99 percent of everyone else in the world.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  13. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:08:13 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> I mean come on guys!!
    >> I don't have to install the softare.
    >> I don't have to install the hardware.
    >> Everything just works.
    >> These new stanrdards in Linux are denying me loads of opportunities to
    >> loaf around calling support lines and wasting everyone's time!!!
    >> This is just not on!!

    > No wonder the economy is in the crapper. With Linux you're not "consuming"
    > enough technical support. And you're not buying any new equipment to get it
    > working.
    >
    > What kind of "consumer" are you anyhow?

    With Linux?
    A consumer of time.
    Your own time.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  14. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    RonB wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> I mean come on guys!!
    >> I don't have to install the softare.
    >> I don't have to install the hardware.
    >> Everything just works.
    >> These new stanrdards in Linux are denying me loads of opportunities to
    >> loaf around calling support lines and wasting everyone's time!!!
    >> This is just not on!!

    > No wonder the economy is in the crapper. With Linux you're not "consuming"
    > enough technical support. And you're not buying any new equipment to get
    > it working.

    Thats it - criticise me until I go do something aweful like pirate
    a copy of dosemu and ring up micoshaft tech support to keep someone in
    micoshaft employed because my DOS crossware assembler works in dosemu
    but can't work in a genuine micoshaft disadvantaged product!!!!
    I mean, that Crossware assembler must stop working in dosemu or its
    just not compatible with micoshaft denial of service dos.

    > What kind of "consumer" are you anyhow?

    I am the new free as in freedom loafer thats destroyed at least one
    micoshaft IT job so that thousands of products get built and sold
    more quickly keeping the entire factory and its employees alive.

  15. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Oct 24, 11:05 am, "Moshe Goldfarb."
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:30:16 GMT, 7 wrote

    [snippage]:

    > > So best to buy from Linux supportive companies like D-Link (Cisco)
    > > for your networking products. Usually, those products are cheaper,
    > > work faster and have fewer bugs.

    > Yawwn.
    > The problem is finding them.

    The products or the bugs? In any event, a Cisco router
    (or any other such product) is bought for its routing
    capability, not because it runs Linux.

    Windows CE is also reputed to be especially good for
    such things. I don't know about newer variants.

    > Is this the year of Linux?

    No. Microsoft still commands about 90% of the desktop
    market. One might make a good case that Linux has made
    significant inroads to parts of the Mobile market, but not
    within the US or within North America, and not enough to
    make this "the year of Linux" (the best showing is about
    35% in China, which isn't a majority or even a plurality).

    See

    http://mobilezoo.biz/openos.php

    which shows Apple, RIM, and Microsoft slugging it out
    in the North American region, but with Linux showing
    significant (if not majority) presence in China and Japan,
    as of Q3 2007 anyway.

    Symbian, however, dominates outside of North America.
    Microsoft could do worse than acquiring Symbian and
    converting all new handsets to Microsoft Mobile, assuming
    the users thereof don't revolt somehow.

  16. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    >> They are called Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists (HCL) and you
    >> can google for it.

    > You snipped the part about my being correct concerning the OP having to
    > use a Windows driver to get his wireless card working under Linux.
    >

    > I know all about HCL

    You could have fooled me!!!

    > and I learned the hard way that most times it doesn't
    > mean crap.
    > Why?
    > Because the term "supported" when used in the context of Linux has a
    > completely different meaning than with Windows.

    Wrong dumb fsck!
    Supported by who? Linux or the manufacturer?

    > My HP P1006 printer is *supported*.
    > Now see what you have to go through to make it work.

    Supported by who dumb fsck?
    Linux or the manufacturer?
    If you are really serious about HCL and support buy Samsung.
    They support Linux.
    And Linux in turn supports Samsung printers.

    > Start here:
    >
    > http://foo2xqx.rkkda.com/

    Wrong dumbo!
    You start with the HCL and then asks who supports your hardware.
    Is it the manufacturer or is it Linux?
    Don't by crap especially like HP$ who don't offer direct Linux support.
    Companies like Samsung, Acer etc that do offer it direct is best.
    Its better to go that way than buy expensive paper weights from companies
    like HP$ who are in bed with micoshaft and offer printers with diddly
    squat Linux support.

  17. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    AZ Nomad wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:20:28 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >> AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>> What really sucks is linux completely lacks the joy that comes with
    >>> working with gigabyte printer drivers. Where does linux come off
    >>> thinking that graphics apps aren't part of a printer driver?

    >> I recently had the joy of tracking down XP drivers to use with ndiswrapper
    >> for a BCM4315 wireless card, because Broadcom doesn't offer Linux drivers
    >> for this one. Heck, they don't even offer Windows drivers, at least not on
    >> their site and in a manner where they can be found.
    >> I finally found 'em at Dell -- who offer the same hardware under the
    >> name "1395". The .exe driver package was a ridiculous 96MB in size, with
    >> the actual driver and firmware weighing in at 2MB -- still pretty steep for
    >> a driver, IMHO -- so I really wonder what the other 98% of data was
    >> supposed to do ...

    > probably a bloated installer and patches to windows

    The installer is bloated because it want to install for you another
    photo editing app, photo printing app, photo viewing app, photo
    uploading app, usb port watching daemon to catch you plugging in your
    camera... Windows itself is not the problem, but it is a problem for
    Windows users. Everything is just shoved down your throat. 94mb of
    downloadable duplicated functionality bull****. That's why I left
    Windows behind. "10,000,000 people have downloaded our photo software...
    It's a great program!" Well, 10,000,000 people HAD to download it
    because they need to be able to print from notepad and had no choice.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

  18. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:53:51 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >>> They are called Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists (HCL) and you
    >>> can google for it.

    >> You snipped the part about my being correct concerning the OP having to
    >> use a Windows driver to get his wireless card working under Linux.
    >>

    >> I know all about HCL

    > You could have fooled me!!!

    That's because you are unable to read.
    Tell me, are you brain damaged?

    The printer COMES with a Linux driver in the box!
    It's listed as compatible.

    How much more do you want?

    Short of actually testing it, I've done more than the average person will
    do with Linux.
    They will dump Linux when it doesn't support their hardware. Hardware that
    Windows supports completely.

    >> and I learned the hard way that most times it doesn't
    >> mean crap.
    >> Why?
    >> Because the term "supported" when used in the context of Linux has a
    >> completely different meaning than with Windows.

    > Wrong dumb fsck!
    > Supported by who? Linux or the manufacturer?

    Either or and sometimes both....
    Take a look at video cards or audio cards where advanced feature support
    for Linux is lagging behind Windows.
    It happens all the time.

    >> My HP P1006 printer is *supported*.
    >> Now see what you have to go through to make it work.

    > Supported by who dumb fsck?
    > Linux or the manufacturer?

    Both....
    You lose again.

    > If you are really serious about HCL and support buy Samsung.
    > They support Linux.
    > And Linux in turn supports Samsung printers.

    And their printers suck.
    I have an ML-1740 that's printing light and ghosting for some reason.
    Nobody can offer me advice on what's wrong with it.
    The engine has already been changed.
    I suspect the corona/Led that discharges the drum for cleaning isn't
    working correctly.
    I dunno.

    >> Start here:
    >>
    >> http://foo2xqx.rkkda.com/

    > Wrong dumbo!
    > You start with the HCL and then asks who supports your hardware.

    It's supported,
    Can't you read?

    > Is it the manufacturer or is it Linux?

    Both.

    Can't you read?

    > Don't by crap especially like HP$ who don't offer direct Linux support.

    Butr, but but, HP are the company MOST suggested when a person asks for
    Linux support.

    You're a classic case of right side of mouth says one thing and left side
    says another.

    > Companies like Samsung, Acer etc that do offer it direct is best.

    Baloney.
    The Samsung ML1740 came with a Linux driver desigined to work with Redhat,
    nothing else.
    I made it work by using the ML-1710 driver, included in CUPS, after
    scouring the web.
    Maybe it's better now but it wasn't a year and a half ago.

    Samsung support sucks.
    The price of their transfer roller (not the engine) is almost the cost of a
    new printer.

    > Its better to go that way than buy expensive paper weights from companies
    > like HP$ who are in bed with micoshaft and offer printers with diddly
    > squat Linux support.

    You're out of your mind 7.

    And next time, get someone else to read you the posts you are replying to
    because obviously your nanobots have eaten all your brain cells.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  19. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > With Linux?
    > A consumer of time.
    > Your own time.

    I quit using Windows because I got tired of wasting my time rebooting it.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  20. Re: pile of crap printing - DooFuS was right!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, RonB belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> With Linux?
    >> A consumer of time.
    >> Your own time.

    > I quit using Windows because I got tired of wasting my time rebooting it.

    Windows is putzy, too.

    I had my CPUs maxed out at near 100% running a doxygen build, a build of
    our project, and converting an elaborate MIDI file to *.wav format using
    Timidity, and I barely noticed any effect on my browsing.

    I do confess that the reason I was converting the MIDI to audio was
    because doing it live would break up now and then (without using the
    --evil switch).

    -e, --evil
    Make TiMidity++ evil. For the Win32 version, this increases the
    task priority by one. It can give better playback when you
    switch tasks at the expense of slowing all other tasks down.

    --
    Is this going to involve RAW human ecstasy?

+ Reply to Thread