Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack! - Linux

This is a discussion on Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack! - Linux ; "Looming attacks will soon pop the security bubble enjoyed by Linux and Macintosh users, according to Russian security expert Eugene Kaspersky." http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...09080&rid=-219 -- I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111...

  1. Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    --
    I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111

  2. Re: Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:41:06 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "Looming attacks will soon pop the security bubble enjoyed by Linux and
    > Macintosh users, according to Russian security expert Eugene Kaspersky."
    > http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...09080&rid=-219

    Yawn. Another doomsday prophet - and yet it never happens.

  3. Re: Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    On Oct 24, 11:41*am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "Looming attacks will soon pop the security bubble enjoyed by Linux and
    > Macintosh users, according to Russian security expert Eugene Kaspersky."http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=264209080&rid=-219
    > --
    > I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111

    Mike Rivero from whatreallyhappened.com (a conspiracy theory site) has
    actually claimed that the only reason there are no viruses or malware
    or trojans on Linux and BSD/UNIX is because they are not widely used,
    and when enough people switch to Linux and BSD/UNIX, the viruses and
    malware and trojans will simply move over.

  4. Re: Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    "Darth Chaos" schreef in bericht
    On Oct 24, 11:41 am, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "Looming attacks will soon pop the security bubble enjoyed by Linux and
    > Macintosh users, according to Russian security expert Eugene
    > Kaspersky."http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=264209080&rid=-219
    > --
    > I'm here: lat=53.5416623417, lon=6.57523611111

    > Mike Rivero from whatreallyhappened.com (a conspiracy theory site) has
    > actually claimed that the only reason there are no viruses or malware
    > or trojans on Linux and BSD/UNIX is because they are not widely used,
    > and when enough people switch to Linux and BSD/UNIX, the viruses and
    > malware and trojans will simply move over.

    He's right, only the cola liars < at http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ > ,
    claim that Linux has many users and no viruses or malware, lying their arses
    off, as might be expected! The number of Mac virii are spreading fast, so
    Mac marketshare is rising, Linux marketshare is not!
    --

  5. Clogwog's anus open for attack!

    And you don't have to even be a hacker, just buy him a drink.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....So many books; So little time.

  6. Re: Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:41:06 +0200, Clogwog wrote:
    >
    >> "Looming attacks will soon pop the security bubble enjoyed by Linux and
    >> Macintosh users, according to Russian security expert Eugene Kaspersky."
    >> http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...09080&rid=-219

    > Yawn. Another doomsday prophet - and yet it never happens.

    Here's almost a self-nuking attribution from that same fellow, same URL:

    According to Kaspersky, secure operating systems only attract about 1
    to 3 percent of users because of their functionality limitations.

    Weird.

    --
    Rubber bands have snappy endings!

  7. Re: Clogwog's anus open for attack!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > And you don't have to even be a hacker, just buy him a drink.

    That would be an "antisocial engineering" attack.

    --
    Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

  8. Re: Stalker Tattoo Vampire AKA Don Zeiglers's anus open for attack!

    "Tattoo Vampire" schreef in bericht
    > And you don't have to even be a hacker, just buy him a drink.

    OK stalker, if you had asked your boyfriend to remove his dick from your
    toothless mouth, you wouldn't have to mumble all the time!
    --
    "****buttered" ML2MST seems to be in love with the closet homosexual Don
    Zeigler AKA Tattoo Vampire

  9. Re: Stalker Tattoo Vampire AKA Don Zeiglers's anus open for attack!

    "Tattoo Vampire" schreef in bericht
    > And you don't have to even be a hacker, just buy him a drink.

    OK stalker, if you had asked your boyfriend to remove his dick from your
    toothless mouth, you wouldn't have to mumble all the time!
    --
    "****buttered" ML2MST seems to be in love with the closet homosexual Don
    Zeigler AKA Tattoo Vampire
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain
    "Don is yet another good looking dude"
    http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.o...&output=gplain
    "A little experimentation in college does not make one gay"

  10. Re: Stalker Tattoo Vampire AKA Don Zeiglers's anus open for attack!

    Clogwog wrote:

    > OK stalker,

    How did I stalk you, slapnuts? Using Windows makes you stupid.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Don't be sexist! Chicks hate that.

  11. Re: Stalker Tattoo Vampire AKA Don Zeiglers's anus open for attack!

    --
    comp.os.linux.advocacy, COLA, (it's close with COLON) widely known as "The
    rectum of usenet".

  12. Re: Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:59:02 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "Darth Chaos" schreef in bericht

    >> Mike Rivero from whatreallyhappened.com (a conspiracy theory site) has
    >> actually claimed that the only reason there are no viruses or malware
    >> or trojans on Linux and BSD/UNIX is because they are not widely used,
    >> and when enough people switch to Linux and BSD/UNIX, the viruses and
    >> malware and trojans will simply move over.

    This is an old fable and easily shown to be on very shaky ground.

    Apache is open source, and more webservers use it, than any other
    software.

    Yet Apache has failed to succumb to the all time greats such as CODE RED,
    or NIMDA, which all spread like wildfire thru Microsoft servers.

    I still get dozens of hits from the above every week on my webserver, a
    decade after they first appeared.

    If Apache is the most popular, why isn't it virus/worm and trojan riddled
    like IIS is or has been ?

    > He's right,

    No, he's wrong.

  13. Re: Mac, Linux, BSD open for attack!

    Verily I say unto thee, that ray spake thusly:
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:41:06 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    >> "Looming attacks will soon

    *PLONK*

    > Yawn. Another doomsday prophet - and yet it never happens.

    Is that what they're calling FUD these days?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    22:37:18 up 16 days, 8:33, 4 users, load average: 0.10, 0.33, 0.26

+ Reply to Thread