Re: Expletive deleted - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Expletive deleted - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom: > ml2mst wrote: > >>Mrs Smith schreef: >>> >>> Who is he, and what has he done? >> >>He advocates Linux in a Linux advocacy group. >> ...

  1. Re: Expletive deleted

    After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >>Mrs Smith schreef:
    >>>
    >>> Who is he, and what has he done?

    >>He advocates Linux in a Linux advocacy group.
    >>
    >>Incredible isn't it?

    > The nerve!

    The audacity! The effrontery! The unmitigated gall!

    This begs the question, though... what makes Microsoft people so
    generally evangelistic and pushy, to the point of ethical unbalance?

    --
    APL hackers do it in the quad.

  2. Re: Expletive deleted

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:18:40 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> ml2mst wrote:

    >>>He advocates Linux in a Linux advocacy group.
    >>>
    >>>Incredible isn't it?

    >> The nerve!

    > The audacity! The effrontery! The unmitigated gall!

    Does sound like me, now you mention it

    > This begs the question, though... what makes Microsoft people so
    > generally evangelistic and pushy, to the point of ethical unbalance?

    That's the $100 question Chris!

    I think we need to catch one in the wild and "study" it ?

  3. Re: Expletive deleted

    On 2008-10-25, Terry Porter claimed:
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:18:40 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >> This begs the question, though... what makes Microsoft people so
    >> generally evangelistic and pushy, to the point of ethical unbalance?

    > That's the $100 question Chris!
    >
    > I think we need to catch one in the wild and "study" it ?

    I vote for quarantine. At least until we know what it is we're dealing
    with. You never know what diseases might be passed onto humans.

    --
    Chimpanzees can point and click on a Windows UI. That's mostly who's
    doing it.

  4. Re: Expletive deleted

    Sinister Midget wrote:
    > Terry Porter claimed:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> This begs the question, though... what makes Microsoft
    >>> people so generally evangelistic and pushy, to the point
    >>> of ethical unbalance?

    >> That's the $100 question Chris!
    >>
    >> I think we need to catch one in the wild and "study" it ?

    > I vote for quarantine. At least until we know what it is we're
    > dealing with. You never know what diseases might be passed
    > onto humans.

    As in?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....7664f77e17b51f

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    From: Hadron
    Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:36:56 +0200
    Subject: Re: A Debian stinker

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>> Bob Hauck belched:

    >>> And, of course, Moshe just has to exaggerate the
    >>> probability of dependency problems with apt. "Quite
    >>> often", my ass.

    >> Yes, flatfish bull****ting again.

    > Yes, and Hadron "me too"ing. Complains that I do nothing for
    > Linux, complains about a bug in FireFox yet fails to submit a
    > bugzilla report (which I did), calls me a hypocrite. Calls
    > Linonut "Liarmutt". He needs to look inwardly at his own
    > hypocrisy.

    You silly little boy. I raise and monitor a lot of issues with
    Debian.

    As you know deep down but can not bring yourself to admit it in
    front of your silly little COLA gang of lightweight fanboyz and
    cellar dwellers.

    I wonder if a lot of COLA's posters life in Austria?
    Ah, but thanks to Tatoo Vampire, there is resolution:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....18fb3cdef317aa

    Hadron wrote:
    > It IS because of him and two other useless people in
    > particular (CBFalconer and Harold "old school" Stevens
    > (probably both Willy nyms) that I started to drift from the
    > Ubuntu fan boy zone.

    "I got my ass kicked up around my shoulders in AOLU, so in a lame
    attempt to hide the ass-kicking I received and deserved, I puffed
    out my hollow chest, chortled 'victory' and acted like I walked
    away from the group."

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati