Fun with Android

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been having fun writing Android apps.
|
| My main Android app I care about is my garage door opener. I have a webserver
| hooked up my garage door opener, so I can open my garage over the network.
| Combined with a background process doing wifi scanning, the idea's that when
| I'm on my way home, I pull up to my house on my motorcycle and the garage
| door magically opens and I back into my garage without taking off my
| helmet/gloves/etc.
`----

http://brad.livejournal.com/2394220.html

Recent:

Android SDK 1.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has release the 1.0 version of the Android SDK at the same time as the
| first Android based phone, the T-Mobile HTC G1, was announced. This is the
| first stable release of the Android platform and should allow developers to
| prepare applications for the commercial launch of the G1 in the UK in
| November.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/116399

Hands on with HTC's Google phone

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile, Google and High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled the highly anticipated
| Android phone in New York on Tuesday, and I got a chance to try out the new
| handset at HTC's office in Taipei.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...cs-google.html

Android SDK m5-rc14 now available

,----[ Quote ]
| New media codecs - The MediaPlayer class has added support for the OGG
| Vorbis, MIDI, XMF, iMelody, RTTL/RTX, and OTA audio file formats.
`----

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...available.html

Related:

Google updates Android software development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Google released an update to the SDK (software development kit) for Android,
| its mobile-phone operating system.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...velopment.html

Google releases Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers can
| use to create cell-phone applications for the company’s Android mobile
| platform.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/6100...ndroidsdk.html

A developer's perspective on Google's Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| This in-depth, hands-on article introduces Android, Google's Linux/Java
| mobile phone SDK (software development kit). After a tour of Android's tools,
| documentation, and code samples, it suggests a path for further exploration
| and concludes with a simple applet showing the power and simplicity of the
| Android environment.
`----

Android SDK in the fly

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source community called Vafeo, once more surprises bringing now not
| only a full Operational System but one Linux Distro (Vd_android), with
| Android SDK built in. In many cases people get bother to mess with the OS
| hardDrive in this case, don’t. Because you’re completely able to run it from
| your CD, not requiring installation. If you prefer install, you’re free to
| choose, just choose where, in second partition, replacing your OS, or also
| install in your pen drive.
`----

http://www.gphonemodules.com/2008/01...dk-in-the-fly/

Google Android gets positive early reviews

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/fe...gtype=samechan