A Breath Of Fresh Air: My New Ubuntu Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| After loitering around for so long, I finally got my lazy bum off the bed and
| installed Hardy Heron (8.04.1) onto my aging laptop. I’ve never been a sucker
| for eye-candy stuff, prefering to have more resources available for real
| work, instead of ooh-aahing over nice looking things all around my desktop.
`----

http://tech.shantanugoel.com/2008/07...u-desktop.html

What should the next version of Ubuntu bring us?

,----[ Quote ]
| We’re just a few days away from the Ubuntu 8.10 launch on the 30th, but it
| doesn’t look that impressive at first glance. Of course, it’s a mature
| operating system and changes are usually incremental – but was there more
| that could be done?
`----

http://tuxgeek.me/2008/10/what-shoul...untu-bring-us/

Related:

Today's Screenshot: Cool Leopard-Flavored Dock for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this nice little mock-up of an application launcher for
| Ubuntu Linux created by Brad Jensen. It incorporates the look of Mac OS X
| Leopard's dock, and it adds a system navigator and search interface which
| pops up when you click on the system icon. *
|
| There's an Ubuntu Forums thread discussing Jensen's mockup. Some users think
| his dock apes Apple's dock a little too closely. While a strong visual
| resemblance is certainly there, the functionality is different. *
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...-screensh.html

Update: Hardy Theme Mockup Update: Hardy Theme Mockup

,----[ Quote ]
| Mockups for Ubuntu Hardy Heron.
`----

http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://blog.slyon.de/?p=154

Aqua Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm writing this message to search developers for a new distro Ubuntu-based.
| This distro, named Aqua Linux, will allow easy Linux use to less experienced.
| Aqua will use different software to facilitate the PC use. We, the team, want
| offer the security and stability to everybody. All software will be update
| and we wish decreasing the bugs numbers. * *
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...2/#post2964351

Vibuntu - Incredible theme for Vista

http://palprince.com/softwares/?p=301