Release your creative side with Ubuntu Studio

,----[ Quote ]
| Often when we talk about Linux it is often in the context of a computer
| enthusiast, a person who enjoys finding out what open source technology can
| do for them, or maybe people looking to solve particular problems and get up
| and running with particular software or hardware.
`----

http://www.greenhughes.com/content/r...-ubuntu-studio

Obama Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| People from the Obama campaign have said that they use Ubuntu 8.04. It seems
| to be used nationally.
|
| Does anyone know any more about the use of Ubuntu by the Obama campaign and
| can provide us with more details?
`----

http://boredandblogging.com/2008/10/21/obama-ubuntu/

Recent:

BSA lobbies Obama for software patents at the Democratic Convention in Denver

,----[ Quote ]
| IP-watch tell us that BSA went to lobby Obama at the Democratic Convention in
| Denver with a list of principles, where the first one is "inspire creativity
| and innovation through strong, comprehensive, and enforceable intellectual
| property policies, including copyright, patent and trademark laws." Software
| patents are definitely on the top of the agenda of American multinationals.
| BSA does not has any small software company in its members, and Microsoft
| more active then the other members in using the association as a vector for
| its purposes.
`----

http://stopsoftwarepatents.org/forum...tion-in-denver
http://tinyurl.com/68wgn9

Microsoft Word Now Knows the Difference Between Osama and Obama

,----[ Quote ]
| In my post yesterday, I quoted a frustrated reader who couldn’t believe that
| Microsoft Word still proposes “Osama” as a corrected version of “Obama.” He
| wanted to know why Microsoft didn’t update its dictionary.
`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/...f=personaltech

Microsoft tries to fix big glitch on Obama

,----[ Quote ]
| One mixup, with potentially vast effect, apparently belongs to the
| unintentional category and gained wide currency this week: The spell-checker
| in Microsoft's Hotmail e-mail software recommends that users replace the
| word "Obama" with "Osama."
|
| 'Can of worms'
`----

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...iewed:Homepage

Related:

Obama Campaign Hopes for Better Web Security

,----[ Quote ]
| The requirements are pretty much what you'd read in any e-commerce security
| help-wanted ad: VPN (virtual private network) and Unix or Linux experience,
| along with a "deep understanding" of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl)
| development. And of course, the successful candidate must be willing
| to "respond off-hours to high urgency security situations."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._security.html

Obama Voices Support for ODF

,----[ Quote ]