Linux Creator Linus Torvalds, Others Honored In Silicon Valley

,----[ Quote ]
| The Computer History Museum on Tuesday night honored three legends in the
| industry, including Linux creator Linus Torvalds, whose operating system
| became the catalyst for the open source software movement that challenged
| traditional concepts of intellectual property.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...ubSection=News

Linux's Next Victim

,----[ Quote ]
| UNIX is a ship very slowly letting in water. The rats aren't about to abandon
| it quite yet, but they are certainly checking where the life vests are
| stored.
|
| The cause of the leak is Linux. UNIX may account for about a third of the
| server market, but its upstart cousin is slowly but surely eating in to that
| share. It's not that there's anything wrong with UNIX — far from it. It's
| just that Linux is becoming increasingly capable of doing the less-demanding
| tasks that UNIX has historically been asked to do.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/eur/article.php/3779821

Recent:

,----[ Quote ]
| work to do."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...to_google.html

Red Hat Linux trumps Unix on TPC price/performance test

,----[ Quote ]
| In a recent independent test, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Advanced
| Platform trumped all other operating systems that process more than 1 million
| transactions per minute -- and at 22% lower cost than its next closest
| competitor.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtar...332534,00.html

Isn't Linux just UNIX under a different name?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20169/1143/