Why should Microsoft fans want (even help!) Linux to succeed

,----[ Quote ]
| Imagine that your football team wins the championship the last years and it
| has completely crashed all competition. Would you be happy with the way your
| team played with no competition at all? It would surely play crappy, because
| it wouldn't need to try any harder. Now imagine that your opponents got
| stronger by bringing talented players, accomplished coaches and investing in
| their infrastructure (academies, training grounds, etc). Your team would be
| hard pressed and improved to keep ahead of its opponents.
`----

http://yatsite.blogspot.com/2008/10/...want-even.html

In these trying economic times will Linux be the answer.

,----[ Quote ]
| I for one plan to do all that I can to eliminate the use of closed source and
| priority software in my department. Not because my budget got cut, but
| because I’ve found it to be superior when compared to the commercial products
| that are available.
|
| At least for me Linux has been a real help, I no longer worry if I can
| deliver technological service even during times of political and economic
| uncertainty.
|
| Give it a try you won’t be disappointed.
`----

http://dthomasdigital.wordpress.com/...be-the-answer/

Recent:

Credit crunch moves business to adopt open source

,----[ Quote ]
| “The world is undergoing serious economic turbulence, but at a time when
| businesses know they simply cannot terminate IT projects, open source
| software providers the perfect solution,” claimed John Powell, Alfresco chief
| executive.
|
| He said that with open source, public and private sector companies resisted
| the demands of proprietary vendors, created a flexible infrastructure as well
| as lower IT spend.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/607074/credit...pt-open-source

Economics of open source remains an academic challenge

,----[ Quote ]
| When I’m looking for open source economic theories my go-to guy is Bruce
| Perens, who has written eloquently on the subject. But he’s not an academic
| economist. Economists don’t usually hand out their top awards to computer
| programmers.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2991

Open sauce Alfresco has its best ever quarter

,----[ Quote ]
| ALFRESCO SOFTWARE announced its strongest ever quarterly financial results
| today, reporting that customer interest has increased during the global
| economic downturn as organisations turn to more cost effective and scalable
| open source software products.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...esco-best-ever

Zenoss Announces Record Quarterly Customer Growth amid Struggling Economy

,----[ Quote ]
| Commercial open source IT management firm grows 85 percent quarter over
| quarter
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10910.html

Compiere Closes Third Quarter with Continued Global Expansion and 195 Percent
Growth

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...5%7D&dist=hppr