Hands on with Firefox’s mobile browser

,----[ Quote ]
| A couple of weeks ago we wrote that a mobile edition of Firefox was expected
| within weeks. Well, here’s an alpha version of Fennec. We decided to give the
| little fox a spin to see what exactly the Firefox team had been up to over
| the past few months.
|
| At this point Mozilla has only released an alpha version of Fennec, the name
| given to the mobile version of Firefox. And as such it is a little buggy, but
| many of the expected features are already in place and working.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3380

Web Developer Toolbar--A Firefox Add-On Devs Shouldn't Live Without

,----[ Quote ]
| I was looking for an excuse to write about the GNU GPL (aka: free) licensed
| Web Developer Toolbar Add-on for Firefox by Chris Pederick. Wish granted. The
| PrimalSkills blog has a great rundown of "9 Things the Web Developer Toolbar
| Can Do." There's so much more, but nine's a good start.
`----

http://www.appscout.com/2008/10/web_...ra_firefox.php

"It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that they’re
holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of North Carolina.
Who are they trying to kid?"

--Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

Recent:

Review: Firefox 3.1 Beta Leaves IE in Ashes

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.1 is the fastest version yet. One of our favorite sites to use for
| testing is papervision3d.org because it is so graphics heavy. Firefox 3.1
| took 25 seconds to fully load. Compare this to our last Firefox 3 review on
| the same machine, Firefox 3 took 45 seconds to load the site's 3D image.
|
| The browser is unquestionably fast. It also comes with some new features,
| many of them under-the-hood and dealing with advanced CSS capabilities, but
| there are some new interface features as well. For instance, Cntrl-tab has
| been added as a shortcut to quickly switch between tabs. Also, tabs can be
| dragged and dropped between Mozilla windows, a feature that works well and
| smoothly.
|
| [...]
|
| The performance in this version is superb. It will be interesting to keep an
| eye out to see if any security exploits are discovered.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/211201754

Hands on: Fennec alpha 1 puts Firefox on your handheld

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested the Fennec alpha on my Nokia N810 running Diablo, the latest stable
| version of the Maemo platform. Mozilla is currently using the Nokia Internet
| Tablet devices as the reference platform for public testing of Fennec. Users
| who do not own one of the Nokia devices can also download a version that runs
| in a window on regular desktop computers, much like an XULRunner application.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-handheld.html

Mozilla Firefox 3.1 on Its Way to Setting Web Video Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox has a huge user base and acceptance from web developers, which
| theoretically makes Mozilla less vulnerable to submarine patent lawsuits, as
| companies would risk in terms of image if such actions were taken, as
| Mitchell Baker commented at the Products and Technology Roadmap Mozilla
| Summit session. Mike Shaver, Mozilla’s Interim VP of Engineering,
| added, "Somebody had to do it. It’s good it was us."
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mozil...rd-91432.shtml

Mozilla Debuts Mobile Browser Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla late Thursday released the first public preview of its mobile
| browser, and took the unusual step of offering it in versions for desktop PCs
| and Macs to collect feedback.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15242...ml?tk=rss_news

Firefox for Mobile: What you need to know

,----[ Quote ]
| How would you like to be among the first to get touchy-feely with the next
| mobile browser everyone's talking about? Mozilla's release of the Firefox for
| Mobile alpha code, code-named Fennec, grants that wish to users of the Nokia
| N810 and N800 Internet tablet (installation details here).
`----

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-...=2547-1_3-0-20

Firefox for Mobile: first screenshots!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Awesome Bar, which lets you search for pages intuitively and directly, is
| prominent, though can clearly be tidied away for a more screen estate for the
| web page itself.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...nshots--475458

Mozilla plans mobile Firefox, plus 'public resource' usage data

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla's chief has set goals for the development of the open source project
| over the next two years, including the release of a mobile version of Firefox
| by 2010.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...ion_statement/

Mozilla's Mobile Firefox Targets Summer Release

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...r_release.html