Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer - Linux ; http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff of 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've thought you were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. ...

  1. Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en

    schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff of
    30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've thought you
    were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With financial support
    coming only from our readership and a couple of small grants, we are able to
    employ all of these dedicated people, maintain multiple servers and produce
    high quality services." Oct 21 21:46

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    Ezekiel wrote:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en

    > schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff
    > of 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've
    > thought you were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With
    > financial support coming only from our readership and a couple of small
    > grants, we are able to employ all of these dedicated people, maintain
    > multiple servers and produce
    > high quality services." Oct 21 21:46

    Certainly. And you find that how exactly in the part you quoted?

    How come that you wintendo fanbois have such a extremely bad reading
    comprehension? Are you really all school dropouts?
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en
    >

    > schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff of
    > 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've thought you
    > were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With financial support
    > coming only from our readership and a couple of small grants, we are able to
    > employ all of these dedicated people, maintain multiple servers and produce
    > high quality services." Oct 21 21:46

    Huh? I thought he had admitted it anyway. It's fairly common knowledge
    and part of the reason Roy never finished college I thought - he jumped
    on the gravy train instead. I was sure I had read reports here about who
    employs him and why. Although I do recall another train of thought which
    a lot of people subscribed to, that Roy was in fact a "reverse troll"
    ,sent out there people like Willy Poaster and Tattoo Vampire, whose role
    it is to make Linux users and real advocates look like a bunch of
    retards and lunatics.

    Regarding the link, I love his whining about taking things "out of
    context". Pot Kettle etc. The context to my post was immaterial. The
    line offered to Roy was that he really is, personally, a threat to
    Microsoft. One can almost see his little pigeon chest pumping out.

    --
    "Nice to know I live in your head, bitch."
    -- Tattoo Vampire in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paidspammer

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en
    >

    > schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff of
    > 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've thought you
    > were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With financial support
    > coming only from our readership and a couple of small grants, we are able to
    > employ all of these dedicated people, maintain multiple servers and produce
    > high quality services." Oct 21 21:46

    Yes, he is getting paid and pimping his congregation. He is the Rev.
    Jones of Linux no doubt about it.

    I would pimp them and get paid too, if I got the change. There is a
    sucker born every minute, and people are weak.

  5. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paidspammer

    Roy Schestowitz schreef:

    > ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 22 October 2008 11:57 : \____
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en
    >>>
    >>> schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff
    >>> of 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've
    >>> thought you were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With
    >>> financial support coming only from our readership and a couple of small
    >>> grants, we are able to employ all of these dedicated people, maintain
    >>> multiple servers and produce
    >>> high quality services." Oct 21 21:46
    >>>

    >> Certainly. And you find that how exactly in the part you quoted?
    >>
    >> How come that you wintendo fanbois have such a extremely bad reading
    >> comprehension? Are you really all school dropouts?

    > I quoted _from a WEB SITE_:
    >
    > http://www.truthout.org/about
    >
    > Context here:
    >
    > http://boycottnovell.com/2008/10/22/...021%2021:45:13
    >
    > Lying Microsoft Munchkins put words in people's mouth (misattribution).

    ROTFL

    What a useless POS Quack is. "The Spy who Shagged Me" even fails
    miserable in assisting Flatso fabricating "evidence". Poor Gary Stewart
    all on his own and has to do it all by himself. Coz the KBG screwed up
    once again.

    [sigsnip]

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paidspammer

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:23:14 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz schreef:
    >>
    >> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 22 October 2008 11:57 : \____
    >>
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>

    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/

    msg/7164350319d24eaf?hl=en

    >>> Certainly. And you find that how exactly in the part you quoted?
    >>>
    >>> How come that you wintendo fanbois have such a extremely bad reading
    >>> comprehension? Are you really all school dropouts?

    >> I quoted _from a WEB SITE_:
    >>
    >> http://www.truthout.org/about
    >>
    >> Context here:
    >>
    >> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/10/22/...08/#tOct%2021%

    2021:45:13

    >> Lying Microsoft Munchkins put words in people's mouth (misattribution).

    > ROTFL
    >
    > What a useless POS Quack is. "The Spy who Shagged Me" even fails
    > miserable in assisting Flatso fabricating "evidence". Poor Gary Stewart
    > all on his own and has to do it all by himself. Coz the KBG screwed up
    > once again.
    >
    > [sigsnip]

    Ah, but don't you see? It's all our fault for not recognising his genius,
    or that's how he'll spin it. Pathetic, sad pillock that he is.

    --
    I'm always kind, polite and reasonable...

    except when I'm not.

  8. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:59:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....19d24eaf?hl=en
    >>

    >> schestowitz "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff of
    >> 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've thought you
    >> were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With financial support
    >> coming only from our readership and a couple of small grants, we are able to
    >> employ all of these dedicated people, maintain multiple servers and produce
    >> high quality services." Oct 21 21:46
    >>

    > Huh? I thought he had admitted it anyway. It's fairly common knowledge
    > and part of the reason Roy never finished college I thought - he jumped
    > on the gravy train instead. I was sure I had read reports here about who
    > employs him and why. Although I do recall another train of thought which
    > a lot of people subscribed to, that Roy was in fact a "reverse troll"
    > ,sent out there people like Willy Poaster and Tattoo Vampire, whose role
    > it is to make Linux users and real advocates look like a bunch of
    > retards and lunatics.
    >
    > Regarding the link, I love his whining about taking things "out of
    > context". Pot Kettle etc. The context to my post was immaterial. The
    > line offered to Roy was that he really is, personally, a threat to
    > Microsoft. One can almost see his little pigeon chest pumping out.

    It's about time he got some of his own medicine.
    He misquotes constantly, provides links that have nothing to do with his
    subject matter and often relies on blogs as *proof* to confirm his claims.

    As for the comment in the log you posted, there is no other way to take
    that.
    It's pretty obvious.
    The jackass and his loony toon friends actually believe Microsoft is afraid
    of him.

    Absurd at best.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    He's quoting truthout.org, not talking about himself.

    Roy's the last person for whom one would need to make up stuff in order
    to find fault, so be more careful checking attributions.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Ezekiel finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ezekiel
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Appil Department of Marketing:

    Its quality when Appil asstroturfers come clean and admit they
    are pretending to be micoshaft asstroturfers.

    Not that its of any importance.

    Linux pushes the envelope every day.
    Not one asstroturfing cent will ever change anyone's mind
    about free software and uptake of Linux.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  11. Re: Ezekiel finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:32:16 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ezekiel
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Appil Department of Marketing:
    >

    > Its quality when Appil asstroturfers come clean and admit they
    > are pretending to be micoshaft asstroturfers.

    You spelled Schestowitz wrong.

    > Not that its of any importance.

    It's not.

    > Linux pushes the envelope every day.

    The problem is the envelope keeps coming back "postage due".

    > Not one asstroturfing cent will ever change anyone's mind
    > about free software and uptake of Linux.

    Better let Schestowitz know.
    He seems to be making a fortune off it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb