Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day - Linux ; On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:23:09 -0500, Terry Porter wrote: > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:25:01 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: > >> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:07:53 -0500, Terry Porter wrote: >> >> >>>> For another thing, most ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:23:09 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    >>> Only the Flatfish would throw that one in, in order to explain why he
    >>> never pays for Windows software.

    >> I realize selling $40.00 LinkSys routers to clients is big for you
    >> Terry,

    > Too much Windows Kool Aid for you Flatfish. your grip on reality is even
    > weaker than in 2001 when I was last posting on COLA.

    If selling $40.00 Linux loaded Linxksys routers to kangaroo farmers is your
    idea of big business, hats off to ya Terry.

    Just understand, you are operating at a completely different level than I
    am used to dealing with.

    >> however, when you consult for a company, your contract SHOULD
    >> specify that said company provides you with legal copies of the software
    >> that the company uses so that you are well equipped to do your job.

    > As a Windows user, this concerns you, not me. I don;t subcontract for
    > anyone that uses Windows.

    Your market must be frighteningly limited.

    > I have no such onerous license obligations regarding the Linux using
    > companies I do remote Linux admin for.

    Still using telnet?

    Nothing personal Terry, but unless you've earned a PHD in *Networking* in
    the last few years, the thought of you involved with networking of any kind
    is frightening.

    > WTG FLOSS!!!

    I'll dig out my pom-poms.
    Ciss boom ba!

    >> This almost always includes Windows in some form or another.

    > Windows doesn't concern me in my business. I never have to deal with it.
    > Here you see my standard reply to Windows users, who are usually quite
    > clueless, asking for free Windows admin from me.
    >
    > ................. client email ...................

    Interesting.
    Linux users are typically the freetards.
    Must be the heat down there that has gotten to them.

    >> Thanks Terry,

    >> Could you please advise how to set the laptop to static IP. Using vista.

    > Sadly no, I just haven't used Windows since 1979 and Windows 95. I'm a
    > Unix person. You'll have to seek advice from a Windows user/admin.

    Yea, but you couldn't explain it back then...
    BTW, your old posts claim you have been Windows free since 1997, so which
    one is it?

    I have a good memory as well

    >> The only qualification, or rider to the contract if you will, is if you
    >> cease to do business with said company, you are NOT entitled to use the
    >> aforementioned software.
    >>
    >> Is that clear?
    >> I hope so.

    > It's very clear, thanks.

    Good!
    And I didn't even charge you a consulting fee

    > The effort you have put into your little attempt to validate Flatfishes
    > continued use of corporately licenced Windows OS instead of paying for it
    > himself, shows very clearly that Moshe Goldfarb is the same Winroll also
    > known as Flatfish.

    Hahaha!
    Effort?
    No effort at all.

    Correcting you, Terry, is like taking candy from a baby!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:23:09 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    >> WTG FLOSS!!!

    > I'll dig out my pom-poms.
    > Ciss boom ba!

    LOL!!!

    Put on your hot little cheerleading outfit, ponytails, pom-poms... then
    stuff a cucumber in your crotch and you'll suddenly find yourself surrounded
    by Linux "advocates*"...

  3. Re: Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:09:02 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:23:09 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    >>> WTG FLOSS!!!

    >> I'll dig out my pom-poms.
    >> Ciss boom ba!

    > LOL!!!
    >
    > Put on your hot little cheerleading outfit, ponytails, pom-poms... then
    > stuff a cucumber in your crotch and you'll suddenly find yourself surrounded
    > by Linux "advocates*"...

    Hahahahha!!!!!!

    And as usual, Willy Poaster will be last to go at the gangbang!!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  4. Re: Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day

    "Terry Porter" wrote in message
    news:4uednWn2e7j8HZ_UnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@netspace.net .au...
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:05:28 -0400, amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> "Terry Porter" wrote in message
    >> news:UpidnQ2fIKakOWLVnZ2dnUVZ_hidnZ2d@netspace.net .au...
    >>>
    >>> Nice spin. Microsoft is a convicted monopolist and have sought to close
    >>> every supply channel for alternative OS's.
    >>>

    >> Well they were not "convicted" of anything

    > Nonsense, how the Wintrolls try to rewrite history.
    > .
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
    >
    > Judge Jackson issued his findings of fact[11] on November 5, 1999, which
    > stated that Microsoft's dominance of the personal computer operating
    > systems market constituted a monopoly, and that Microsoft had taken
    > actions to crush threats to the monopoly, including Apple, Java,
    > Netscape, Lotus Notes, Real Networks, Linux, and others. Then on April 3,
    > 2000, he issued a two-part ruling: his conclusions of law were that
    > Microsoft had committed monopolization, attempted monopolization, and
    > tying in violation of Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act, and his remedy
    > was that Microsoft must be broken into two separate units, one to produce
    > the operating system, and one to produce other software components.

    Perhaps you are truly ignorant of the findings of the District of Columbia
    Circuit Court of Appeals which reversed and/or remanded the Jackson rulings.
    The re-trial found only minor infractions that were not causual to any
    monopoly maintenance and so they were simply enjoined to be stopped. Two
    oversight committees were established to watch Microsoft's business on a
    continuing basis to ensure that no such violations would occur in the
    future. You need to get all the facts, not just the ones that your antiMS
    friends tell you about.

  5. Re: Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day

    "Terry Porter" wrote in message
    news:4uednWn2e7j8HZ_UnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@netspace.net .au...
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:05:28 -0400, amicus_curious wrote:

    >> According to the SEC filings, MSFT had revenues of $44B in 2005 with a
    >> profit of $12.6B, in 2006 it was $51B and $14B, in 2007 it was $60B and
    >> $17.6B. Where is the downturn?

    > I'm glad you asked, the below article is about a week old.:-

    So it is already November in Australia? How do you manage that? That
    article is from Thursday evening over here!

    > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...come-rises-on-
    > strength-of-business-sales.html
    >
    > "... When it comes to profit, however, most figures barely budged from
    > last year ..."
    >
    > I'll leave the reader to decide whether MS is the big profit centre you
    > claim, or whether it is in fact grinding to a slow innovation devoid halt.

    I bet that Red Hat would really love to grind to a halt like that! A $17B
    annual profit run rate up "only" some 6% in a declining economy. Tut.

  6. Re: Microsoft launch Anti Piracy Day

    Terry Porter wrote:

    > mentally-ill troll wrote:
    >>
    >> Your market must be frighteningly limited.

    > Just understand. you live in a completely different Wintroll world to my
    > Linux world.

    To a Wintroll, a world with viable open-source alternatives is indeed a
    frightening place. They need the users cowed and afraid of trying free
    alternatives to their bloated, proprietary "lock-in ware". They want to
    know where their next paycheck is coming-from.

    --
    "Because no one wants it as their office desktop. They all use Windows."
    - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2