Pirates prefer Windows XP over Vista, says Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Software counterfeiters pass on Windows Vista and instead prefer to pirate
| Windows XP, a Microsoft Corp. attorney said today, outlining a practice that
| tracks with the leanings of many of the company's customers.
|
| While explaining the "Global Anti-Piracy Day" educational and enforcement
| effort Microsoft launched today, Bonnie MacNaughton, a senior attorney with
| the company, acknowledged that pirates prefer Windows XP over Vista.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...c=news_ts_head

Related:

Microsoft Partners: Use Of Downgrade Rights Is Surging

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/204600906

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *

| Lenovo.

`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

Dell casts doubts on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell today revealed that it will restore the option to use Windows XP on
| some of its home systems, marking a potentially damaging blow to
| Microsoft's hopes for the newer Windows Vista.
|
| [...]
|
| While a popular request through the company's IdeaStorm website, the
| choice was substantially outnumbered by requests for pre-installed
| Linux, US-based technical support, and other features -- pointing to a
| larger general demand for the change. The turnaround may be a reflection of
| an overall backlash against Vista, observed IDC analyst Richard Shim.
`----

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/04/...ubts.on.vista/

Why Microsoft's ribbon sucks

,----[ Quote ]
| Bottom line, I have a lot of respect for Microsoft and many of the
| outstanding people that work there (e.g. Bill Buxton).
|
| But the new ribbon sucks.
|
| I've been using it daily for months (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), and I
| consistently stumble on the same functions over and over again. I doubt I
| will ever master it. And I'm an interface designer! *
`----

http://www.dexodesign.com/2007/08/wh...bon-sucks.html

July 1: No more Office 2003 for OEMs

,----[ Quote ]